Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 03:26 AM

291 posts, read 610,934 times

Advertisements

thanks. this is all great advice. i wish that i had came here earlier this week so that i wouldnt have had to be embarassed from beeing ignored by her all week. i will try my best not to take matters into my own hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 07:17 AM

566 posts, read 1,107,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
sorry to keep going on but, ughhh- her online status is set to an away message- it reads this ''what doesent kill us will make us stronger,we are gonna last longer than the great wall of China.'' what does that mean? im thinking if there is another guy in the picture now. it is hurtful in a way because a month ago i was the centre of attention as far as she was concerned.
That maybe a brick wall needs to fall on your head? You two have no history. Didn't go thru ups and downs. You chatted online and believed in someone you have never met. (there's the kicker)
Quote:
there is another guy in the picture
Try any sucker - sorry - that's willing to believe the "story." The person is probably a woman to any guy willing to send their money, or a man to any woman willing to send money.
Then, sit there and waste your time and your life analyzing what went wrong with your online relationship, with someone that ended it because the money deal didn't go thru. Good luck sweetie. Maybe you should talk to people IRL about this. really. real flesh and blood folks.

YOU DID NOT HAVE A MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIP
WITH THIS ONLINE PERSONA. IT WAS NOT REAL. Now, go meet a girl you can actually SEE and TOUCH and all that fun stuff. Please. get over it already

Old 10-28-2008, 09:17 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,430,619 times
She's probably lying about the back problems and being financially in troulb.e

She's using you.. Leave it at that.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
She is a stranger to you.
Strangers who ask for, or are willing to accept, money from strangers ARE PROBABLY CRIMINALS.
There is a 50% chance that "she" is a man, and/or has lied about everything in order to get money from you.

STOP! BACK AWAY! Stop attempting to communicate with that stranger this minute! Count your blessings that you were NOT able to send money to him/her. Stop leading with your heart, and use your head. The internet is NOT like living next door to someone whom you can see, and learn about in the real world. If you want to fall in love, find real-live girls in your town. I wish you joy!
Let me add that he/she is probably running this scam ten times over. For all you know, she is a he, 58 year's old and might even live down the street from you.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:44 PM

918 posts, read 1,642,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Are you totally hideous? Do you have a second head? A hump on your back? An eye in the middle of your forehead? What's do you think is so wrong with you that you can't find someone else who will think enough of you to make you the center of her world? One who wants you and not your money?

Yes your feelings are hurt but GET OVER IT!! To help curb your obsession with the scammer, find a celebrity to focus on. Just hunt the internet for all the information you can find, pour yourself into your job, just get this very toxic person out of your space.
I don't think stalking someone else is the answer...

Old 10-28-2008, 09:49 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,112,180 times
It's only stalking if you are invading a person's space.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:25 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,649,421 times
Quote:
no i just dont want to give up. i am finding it hard to accept that she does not want to talk to me anymore- and i feel really dissapointed with myself because i feel like i screwed up when we spoke to eachother online.
Is this guy serious???

He can't be serious!

Old 10-28-2008, 11:30 PM

918 posts, read 1,642,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Is this guy serious???

He can't be serious!
I would hope not, but I suspect he is...

Old 10-29-2008, 06:12 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
ok can someone help me please? ok like six months ago i began talking to someone online through email messages. i live in london, she lives in california- we are both the same age (25). like a month ago she was in debt, her car payments and her house rent was two months overdue and she asked me if i could help her financially. i tried to help her, but as i only knew her online- the money couldnt transfer properly and i couldnt send anything. during this time i felt some emotional attachment to her that i couldnt control. we stayed in contact through emails and she suggested if we could talk through instant messages.
Well last week we spoke for the first time online through instant messages things felt awkward for some reason and after like 10 minutes she said something like ''well it was nice talking to you'' and i replied ''what are you going?'' and she replied ''yes'' and i havent heard from her again. i have a gut feeling that i may not hear from her again. i have seen her online almost every day this week, and have tried to say hello to her everytime i see her but she has not replied back to me. im concerned about her and i miss hearing from her, she has back problems and i want to know how she is doing and i also want to know if i did something wrong. what should i do? what should i think?
Andrew, while it was very kind of you to offer to help her out financially, bad move.

I used to write poetry online. The first website I got into, I met some people...one women and I used to call each other...what really took me back was she was a lot older then what she told me, she told me she was dying, and all kinds of stuff. Apparently she went to live with her husband for awhile and was emailing me from there...he found my telephone number which I had given to her....and called me...well, I'm not going to get into it, but she lied to me horrendously, and a fellow woman yet??? Still cannot figure out why she lied?????? She originally was from CA...she met a guy on line, and was having a long distance relationship with him...calling each other all the time, and he did a lot for her...turned out, she didn't want to meet him in person...reason being, she had lied to him and was like 30 years older then him?

So, beeeeee careful...

Old 10-29-2008, 05:20 PM

291 posts, read 610,934 times
ok well she sent me an email message a couple of hours ago, this is what she wrote....

''I am just going to be honest with you. I enjoy writting you as well. You are sweet and kind which is very hard to find these days. The whole situation weirded me out. The whole thing went out of control and should never have gone in that direction. it made me realize that maybe I had gotten too close to you in a short amount of time. I am very busy and when you IM me its because my Sidekick is always logged on AIM so it doesnt mean I am online.
Have a wonder day!!''

what should i think? should i respond to her message or should i just leave things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships