Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2008, 09:55 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,601,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconer84 View Post
I broke up with my last GF because she was a complete bulls__t artist.

Tried to get together with another girl who, when asked to go on a date, said yes, and has since made up excuses as to why we still haven't gone out. (HINT: if you don't want to, just say no! My feelings will be hurt a lot less and my time wouldn't be wasted waiting for the real thing to happen).

Now I'm single, and to be honest...it's just plain hard to meet people.
It's very hard to meet people. Especially as a single guy, though. Because it's not like guys get hit on wherever we go. If you're a cute girl and you go into a supermarket, you could still get hit on, my sister does all of the time, everywhere. She thinks it's annoying and hates it, but I would love that situation, haha, it would make things a lot easier. I'm amazed girls can be so bothered by that, I mean another person is making conversation with you, that makes your job easy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 09:56 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,195,928 times
bek i love to sit at home alone and read ron's posts. if i married she would not let me.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:37 PM

43 posts, read 87,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
It's very hard to meet people. Especially as a single guy, though. Because it's not like guys get hit on wherever we go. If you're a cute girl and you go into a supermarket, you could still get hit on, my sister does all of the time, everywhere. She thinks it's annoying and hates it, but I would love that situation, haha, it would make things a lot easier. I'm amazed girls can be so bothered by that, I mean another person is making conversation with you, that makes your job easy!
I totally agree. I would love for a girl to come up to me, but that never happens...to me, my brother, or any of my male friends. At all. Ever. But I was out with my ex once and a guy came up to our table and started hitting on her...while I was sitting right there...with my arm around her!

Why don't girls ask guys out?

Oh well. I guess we have it good in the sense that we can just be left alone whenever we want. It's a blessing and a curse.

Last edited by Falconer84; 11-02-2008 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: writing is rewriting?

Old 11-02-2008, 08:39 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times
Your story makes me feel sorry for you. Plus I can relate.

Quote:
I broke up with my last GF because she was a complete bulls__t artist.

Tried to get together with another girl who, when asked to go on a date, said yes, and has since made up excuses as to why we still haven't gone out. (HINT: if you don't want to, just say no! My feelings will be hurt a lot less and my time wouldn't be wasted waiting for the real thing to happen).

Now I'm single, and to be honest...it's just plain hard to meet people.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:42 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,577,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
bek i love to sit at home alone and read ron's posts. if i married she would not let me.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 11-02-2008, 08:44 PM

^ LMBO I know, how pitiful right....?

Old 11-02-2008, 08:45 PM

43 posts, read 87,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Your story makes me feel sorry for you. Plus I can relate.
I think everyone can relate to both situations I presented, plus the fact that, despite random strangers being literally all over the place...it's hard to meet people.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:47 PM

awww aren't you darling

Quote:
I think everyone can relate to both situations I presented, plus the fact that, despite random strangers being literally all over the place...it's hard to meet people.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:23 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,601,121 times
Yeah, there are people everywhere but in our society it's tough to be given a chance honestly. I mean I can't go up to a random girl and have her trust me, I'm just going to be some creep hitting on her when she's trying to (insert blank: workout / shop / drink coffee / etc.).

There are numerous problems but the main one is societal. Since girls seem to think meeting guys online is bad unless they're desperate, in general, that leaves only single moms on dating sites for the most part, and ugly chicks. There are few exceptions, it's rather incredible the high percentage of girls under 25 who are single moms on most dating sites, it's as high as like 50%. Then girls often think it's "weird" to meet a guy at a bar, i.e. they don't want to tell their friends they met at a bar, like there's something wrong with that. I have no idea what would be wrong with that, every human being goes to bars sometimes. What's weird is when someone has never been to a bar, that's WEIRD. So what's strange about meeting at a bar?! I mean isn't that the POINT of going to a bar?!? Then a lot of hot girls, almost every one I know, says it's really annoying to get hit on while they're working out, or while they're shopping, etc. So when it comes down to it, how am I supposed to meet ANY girls at all?! I can't meet good ones online because they think it's creepy / weird to meet guys online, I can't meet them in bars because they don't like that (and the ratio of guys to girls in bars is 70-30 on a good night, most of those 30% with boyfriends), and if I try to make conversation in some other location then I'm just annoying them and they don't seem to want to meet guys while doing other activities. Oh I left out one of the most important ones: Girls say they don't like to date guys from work, because it could be awkward. Of course, they do anyway a lot of the time, but that's what they say, which is illogical. I don't have a workplace anyway, though, my work place is wherever I'm shooting on location for the next project and there are few girls on a film set, very few indeed, it's a 90% male-dominated industry.

I finally realized there's only ONE way to meet girls, and that's through friends. You go out with your guy friends, and one of those guy friends is meeting up with a group of 4 girl friends, and now you have instant credibility somehow in a girl's mind because she is friends with someone who is good friends with you, so it's like a positive recommendation. But the problem is I don't have that many friends, and by that many I mean I would need 100s to make that work. I've met girls through friends before, but I'm very particular and I'm not ever going to find a girl to date for even 6 months let alone longer if I don't meet a LARGE number of girls. If I meet 3 girls per year, odds are it will take between 10 and 30 years to find one that I think is "ok."

Old 11-02-2008, 09:25 PM

Dude Jonathan man you should just go to an adult toy shop and get yourself a shopping cart full of toys and magazines....that should solve all your woes BWA HA HA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Yeah, there are people everywhere but in our society it's tough to be given a chance honestly. I mean I can't go up to a random girl and have her trust me, I'm just going to be some creep hitting on her when she's trying to (insert blank: workout / shop / drink coffee / etc.).

There are numerous problems but the main one is societal. Since girls seem to think meeting guys online is bad unless they're desperate, in general, that leaves only single moms on dating sites for the most part, and ugly chicks. There are few exceptions, it's rather incredible the high percentage of girls under 25 who are single moms on most dating sites, it's as high as like 50%. Then girls often think it's "weird" to meet a guy at a bar, i.e. they don't want to tell their friends they met at a bar, like there's something wrong with that. I have no idea what would be wrong with that, every human being goes to bars sometimes. What's weird is when someone has never been to a bar, that's WEIRD. So what's strange about meeting at a bar?! I mean isn't that the POINT of going to a bar?!? Then a lot of hot girls, almost every one I know, says it's really annoying to get hit on while they're working out, or while they're shopping, etc. So when it comes down to it, how am I supposed to meet ANY girls at all?! I can't meet good ones online because they think it's creepy / weird to meet guys online, I can't meet them in bars because they don't like that (and the ratio of guys to girls in bars is 70-30 on a good night, most of those 30% with boyfriends), and if I try to make conversation in some other location then I'm just annoying them and they don't seem to want to meet guys while doing other activities. Oh I left out one of the most important ones: Girls say they don't like to date guys from work, because it could be awkward. Of course, they do anyway a lot of the time, but that's what they say, which is illogical. I don't have a workplace anyway, though, my work place is wherever I'm shooting on location for the next project and there are few girls on a film set, very few indeed, it's a 90% male-dominated industry.

I finally realized there's only ONE way to meet girls, and that's through friends. You go out with your guy friends, and one of those guy friends is meeting up with a group of 4 girl friends, and now you have instant credibility somehow in a girl's mind because she is friends with someone who is good friends with you, so it's like a positive recommendation. But the problem is I don't have that many friends, and by that many I mean I would need 100s to make that work. I've met girls through friends before, but I'm very particular and I'm not ever going to find a girl to date for even 6 months let alone longer if I don't meet a LARGE number of girls. If I meet 3 girls per year, odds are it will take between 10 and 30 years to find one that I think is "ok."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships