Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2008, 07:33 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,124,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
lol @ your marriage comment because I also think marriage is BS.
It does work for some people. It goes back to that thing where people assume that because something doesn't work for them, it wouldn't work for others. (not trying to target you)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 07:57 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,601,121 times
In general I don't care about anyone else unless I know them. It's not worth your mental or emotional energy to care about people you don't even know. It's not that I wish death upon most people, but I'm not going to shed a tear if they die. The world is overcrowded anyway. Likewise if someone doesn't even know me, I don't expect them to care about me, that's just absurd. I care about my friends and family and wish them the best. That's about it. Beyond that who cares? It's silly and ridiculous that you can care about EVERYONE. And frankly the more I know a lot of people the more I think they're just taking up space and oxygen.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:09 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,850,310 times
You'd better care about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
In general I don't care about anyone else unless I know them. It's not worth your mental or emotional energy to care about people you don't even know. It's not that I wish death upon most people, but I'm not going to shed a tear if they die. The world is overcrowded anyway. Likewise if someone doesn't even know me, I don't expect them to care about me, that's just absurd. I care about my friends and family and wish them the best. That's about it. Beyond that who cares? It's silly and ridiculous that you can care about EVERYONE. And frankly the more I know a lot of people the more I think they're just taking up space and oxygen.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:57 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,576,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You'd better care about me.
Awww, I'm sure he does Artsy, he just don't like to show it. I'm sure he'll come out soon

Old 11-04-2008, 09:11 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,601,121 times
I care about artsy, I appreciate his snarky remarks and comments, they are funny to me.

I'm not coming out, though, sorry artsy. As much as I think girls are hard to tolerate, they are still sexy as hell and unfortunately my biology is rigged to like them. It's a cruel twist of fate but that's how it goes. haha

Old 11-04-2008, 09:38 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,850,310 times
great

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I care about artsy, I appreciate his snarky remarks and comments, they are funny to me.

I'm not coming out, though, sorry artsy. As much as I think girls are hard to tolerate, they are still sexy as hell and unfortunately my biology is rigged to like them. It's a cruel twist of fate but that's how it goes. haha

Old 11-05-2008, 03:18 PM

56 posts, read 151,653 times
I am single because breakups are very difficult for me to go through. My marriage ended 17 years ago and I have dated occasionally but going through a divorce brought up emotions never felt before in my life. One was being cheated on. Prolly one of the worst feelings ever. I am happy being alone now. Should I find someone that gives as much as I do in a relationship, I would get married. When I go to bars, which is a couple of times a year now, I go for the music. Since my divorce I am a firm believer that nothing is forever. Your relationship can be perfect one day and the next you'll be wondering why your girlfriend, boyfriend or spouse is acting different.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:27 PM

918 posts, read 1,634,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo2 View Post
I am single because breakups are very difficult for me to go through. My marriage ended 17 years ago and I have dated occasionally but going through a divorce brought up emotions never felt before in my life. One was being cheated on. Prolly one of the worst feelings ever. I am happy being alone now. Should I find someone that gives as much as I do in a relationship, I would get married. When I go to bars, which is a couple of times a year now, I go for the music. Since my divorce I am a firm believer that nothing is forever. Your relationship can be perfect one day and the next you'll be wondering why your girlfriend, boyfriend or spouse is acting different.
Sad story, but has some truth to it.

Everything does end. Whether by divorce, break-up, or death. We will lose everyone we are ever with.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,997,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
Sad story, but has some truth to it.

Everything does end. Whether by divorce, break-up, or death. We will lose everyone we are ever with.
Yikes, we're all so optimistic tonight... Turned out I've got a female excuse for the slip. What's yours?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:35 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,753,378 times
I'm somewhat picky in the kind of women I want to date and I've heard from some women that I kind of intimidate them.
The local lesbian scene is not all that hot...and it seems like I am the really mature 18 year old surrounded by all these 21+ women who don't really have their sh*t together.

I also live in Arkansas so...that kind of explains a lot.

In any case, I'm talking to someone new right now but I'm not getting my hopes up or anything.
If it happens...it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships