Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:29 PM

55 posts, read 141,782 times

Advertisements

I ask myself that question. I have been single for 10 months now and usually I would have a boyfriend right now but I dont. I havent found any guy that is worthy of my time. I would like to have a boyfriend, maybe some guy will come along when I least expect it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 06:31 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
How does one get a boyfriend? I've never had one let alone too many steady friends LOL......wth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposabella View Post
I ask myself that question. I have been single for 10 months now and usually I would have a boyfriend right now but I dont. I havent found any guy that is worthy of my time. I would like to have a boyfriend, maybe some guy will come along when I least expect it.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Because I'm lousy at meeting women.
i am fantastic at meeting women i meet em and i meet em and i meet em some more then i go home. i jus keep meetin em.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:44 PM

Maybe you aren't attractive to women.....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i am fantastic at meeting women i meet em and i meet em and i meet em some more then i go home. i jus keep meetin em.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:52 PM

385 posts, read 626,364 times
1) I have severely low self-esteem.
2) I can't trust someone to not hurt me or not leave me.

I'm 26 and have been single my entire life. I was abused as a child and have never really recovered. I'm seeing a therapist and we're making some headway but still nowhere near being healed. Oh and i'm gay too.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:55 PM

Therapists are so over hyped and are money leeches.

Being gay is hard because you have less men to choose from and the gay guys I've encountered are freakin petty and catty as you already probably know........

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
1) I have severely low self-esteem.
2) I can't trust someone to not hurt me or not leave me.

I'm 26 and have been single my entire life. I was abused as a child and have never really recovered. I'm seeing a therapist and we're making some headway but still nowhere near being healed. Oh and i'm gay too.

Last edited by artsyguy; 10-27-2008 at 07:04 PM..

Old 10-27-2008, 07:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Therapists are so over hyped and are money leeches.

Being gay is hard because you have less men to choose from and gay guys are freakin petty and catty as you already probably know........
people can be petty & catty or very very sick, but it does not necessarily stem from being gay. all sorts of people hide behind "gay". therapists are for the sociopath what priests are to vampires.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:03 PM

ya man I'm just saying it's a gay stereotype for a reason because there are a lot of gays that are petty and catty and dang proud of it, they don't find it insulting at all if you say "Hey man you are petty and catty. That is pitiful. What is wrong with you. Show respect and concern." oh well.

good analogy with therapists to the priest...etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
people can be petty & catty or very very sick, but it does not necessarily stem from being gay. all sorts of people hide behind "gay". therapists are for the sociopath what priests are to vampires.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:09 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,336 times
I'm single for many reasons, but lately I haven't asked myself "why" because I've been somewhat pleased with the circumstances, so no need to be all that critical.

But, since that was the question...the first thing that comes to mind is that the last person I was involved with left me drained. Now that he's out of my life and I don't have any new romances on the horizon, I feel good about the fact that I'm not all caught up in and feeling like I need to be concerned about someone else besides myself and my family members.

Also, I'm not straight, and I have one of those abnormally low sex drives (like asexual people, just not completely devoid of sexual desire) and so it's hard to find someone suited to me. The general disinterest in sex tends to be a turn-off to people, guys and girls (hahahaha...yeah, awful joke).

Plus, I'm still in that phase wherein I might wind up comparing the next person to the last guy, and that wouldn't be fair to anyone.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:12 PM

Ya man I totally get your drift about being sort of asexual but not 100% asexual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I'm single for many reasons, but lately I haven't asked myself "why" because I've been somewhat pleased with the circumstances, so no need to be all that critical.

But, since that was the question...the first thing that comes to mind is that the last person I was involved with left me drained. Now that he's out of my life and I don't have any new romances on the horizon, I feel good about the fact that I'm not all caught up in and feeling like I need to be concerned about someone else besides myself and my family members.

Also, I'm not straight, and I have one of those abnormally low sex drives (like asexual people, just not completely devoid of sexual desire) and so it's hard to find someone suited to me. The general disinterest in sex tends to be a turn-off to people, guys and girls (hahahaha...yeah, awful joke).

Plus, I'm still in that phase wherein I might wind up comparing the next person to the last guy, and that wouldn't be fair to anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships