Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 12:45 PM

1,582 posts, read 3,098,198 times

Advertisements

I loved this book, and I think quality time and acts of service are mine. Physical touch is important, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 01:55 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,928,634 times
Definitely the receiving of gifts for me. Maybe I'm just really shallow person. I don't know.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:12 PM

926 posts, read 2,739,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Definitely the receiving of gifts for me. Maybe I'm just really shallow person. I don't know.
lol I used to think that until I realized its my parents fault for spoiling me now I do the spoiling- I love giving gifts

Old 10-30-2008, 03:37 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,597,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
Giving and Receiving.

This is based on Gary Chapman's book, The Five Love Languages.
They are:

Words of Affirmation (verbal appreciation)
Quality Time
Receiving Gifts
Acts of Service (doing chores)
Physical Touch

and Im going to add one more:

other (if none of these pertain to you, what does?)
I'm glad you posted this. I remember a past relationship I had where the person didn't really fall into any of these 5 categories. She rarely offered words of appreciation, didn't really make a lot of time for me, didn't give many gifts, and even though she described herself as affectionate, she didn't really show it that often. I think that's one reason things didn't work out with her. It never really came through in her words or actions how she felt. I learned later that it wasn't just me. In her own words, she's someone who's not very good at that stuff.

I haven't read the book or taken the test, but I think I'm more about words of affirmation, time and physical touch. I probably crave all three. Don't need gifts and I can do my own chores.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I'm glad you posted this. I remember a past relationship I had where the person didn't really fall into any of these 5 categories. She rarely offered words of appreciation, didn't really make a lot of time for me, didn't give many gifts, and even though she described herself as affectionate, she didn't really show it that often. I think that's one reason things didn't work out with her. It never really came through in her words or actions how she felt. I learned later that it wasn't just me. In her own words, she's someone who's not very good at that stuff.

I haven't read the book or taken the test, but I think I'm more about words of affirmation, time and physical touch. I probably crave all three. Don't need gifts and I can do my own chores.
did she know thats what you wanted and still didnt give it to you? like atleast amke an effort?

Old 10-31-2008, 07:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,151 times
Hi folks, its your newly joined member, Collin-gii from Ghana, in the western part of Africa. I really luv your words and would like to here from you more. Hope you would send me more of those words. I really love to no you more. You can contact me on this number 00233243785044. But i have one phrase for you now, Never trust human being, but rather trust your heart first, B'cos man can deceive you easily. Hope to here from you again.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:51 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,409,670 times
Mine is physical touch. My husband's is shoulder time. I've never understood why that's not one of the languages. I know more than one man who needs shouder time to feel connected.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Mine is physical touch. My husband's is shoulder time. I've never understood why that's not one of the languages. I know more than one man who needs shouder time to feel connected.
what is shoulder time? Or is that a special form of a physical touch?

Old 10-31-2008, 12:30 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,597,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
did she know thats what you wanted and still didnt give it to you? like atleast amke an effort?
Yeah, I told her and she did try. But she couldn't make it work.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,816,274 times
I speak in tongues. What do you speak in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships