Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 10:52 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,445,876 times

Advertisements

Continuing with the ongoing saga of my relationship...
So we've been married for 3 years now and did take the vows of partnership etc...so why does it always feel like she is against me??
Anytime I take issue with something or someone,for some reason she's got to always take their side! It's bad enough I'm a stranger in a strange land,but to have hardly anyone on my side is the kicker! No wonder I'm so fired up all the time!
Wtf is it with people around here? Aren't friends and spouses supposed to be on your side instead of feeding the grief,or is it just me? Need I ask...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 10:57 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,373,228 times
I will always be on my husband's side. Unless I feel that he did something I disagree with. Basically, I will listen to him, hear him out. sympathize, but if I feel he said or did something I don't agree with, I will tell him.

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times
StuckPA that must really stink to be in that circumstance. I understand what you are going through and I have been through very similar situations. I moved out of a roommate situation that was like as how you described and I transferred away from a grad program that was like how you described....everybody on the defense and everybody was petulant and belligerent about petty junk.....I'm in a happier place now.....does that mean I've met tons of great friends? No, but in general the people are easier to get along with and I am not living with a petulant roommate and no longer do I have to put up with his garbage.

So big platonic hug for you. I hope you feel better

13,783 posts, read 26,210,342 times
It does not sound like you and Mrs.Stuck are a team...have you ever been? To answer your question, no you should not always agree with someone because they are your mate because sometimes people do dumb things even though we love them. But on simple things, sometimes it is easier to just agree than to start a fuss over nothing...

Old 10-27-2008, 10:58 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,048,106 times
I stick by my partner in public no matter how much I may disagree with him. If he punishes one of our kids in a manner that I would not, I still stand behind him and then when the kids are in bed, let him know how I did not agree. You always have to look united even when you are not...no matter what the situation is. I have not been following your threads about your relationship, but I can tell you that the minute my husband does not support me, especially infront of others, is the day he can find the door! [IMO] It is that important to me that we look united as a couple no matter what is going on.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:02 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times
I'm not into facades or keeping up appearances.

I think StuckPA needs some sympathy because it must be tough to live with a withholding person.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
StuckPA that must really stink to be in that circumstance. I understand what you are going through and I have been through very similar situations. I moved out of a roommate situation that was like as how you described and I transferred away from a grad program that was like how you described....everybody on the defense and everybody was petulant and belligerent about petty junk.....I'm in a happier place now.....does that mean I've met tons of great friends? No, but in general the people are easier to get along with and I am not living with a petulant roommate and no longer do I have to put up with his garbage.

So big platonic hug for you. I hope you feel better
Lol @ platonic hug

Always great to hear from people who understand...I suppose once I get out of here,pretty much anyplace will seem easier to deal with

Old 10-27-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
It does not sound like you and Mrs.Stuck are a team...have you ever been?
Good question,I never really thought about this.
I suppose when outside things come up against us we sort of team up,but the rest of the time I dunno...

Old 10-27-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Lol @ platonic hug

Always great to hear from people who understand...I suppose once I get out of here,pretty much anyplace will seem easier to deal with
When are you leaving? Any goals/time frames?

Old 10-27-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Good question,I never really thought about this.
I suppose when outside things come up against us we sort of team up,but the rest of the time I dunno...
My hubby and I had hard times in the beginning because his family was so rotten to us so we became "Team Stewart" and that experience and other hardships made us stronger...our kids call the family "Team Stewart" too...That is why I asked. I always wonder if couples think of marriage as a team sport or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships