Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:15 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,936,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Ugh...that's something i'll never miss.......I hate first dates!
Oh... I love first dates. That's the only time I really like a woman to go on and on talking. You learn so much about them, and everything is new. After that first date, however, they keep on talking and it quickly turns into something like Charlie Brown's teacher... "wa waaa waa waaaaa wa wa."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 12:21 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,891,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Ohh yeah, I read that the other day when it was published. Good stuff. Reminded me of the time I had my "toe licker" date ... LOL
No kidding, a guy I had been conversing with via email for a few weeks finally convinced me to meet him for drinks and dinner at a mutally agreeable location. Ok, so I did.
I get there and he's very nice, charming, etc. We sit at the bar while awaiting our table to be ready and we are talking over a drink. I can't help but notice he's staring at my feet on and off and about five minutes later he leans in and says "can I ask you something?" I said ok shoot, and then he says, "I don't know how to say this so I'll just blurt it out, I really would love to lick your toes." So, I put my drink down and with a totally straight face I stand up, tell him that I'm leaving and that not only will he not be sucking on my toes this evening but he will never suck on my toes. LOL
That was the end of that, he emailed me several times afterwards apologizing but I was just like ummm no thanks. Maybe if we had been dating and things progressed to that, maybe but no sorry, not on the first meeting LOL
The funny thing was he was the CEO of his own company, very successful guy, good looking, charming, etc.. but had his foot fetish HA!
LOL about his foot fetish. Maybe he was thinking quid pro quo ,where he sucks on your toes if you would eventually suck on his something else.

About first dates, they can be fun. In fact, some people like them so much that even after they're married, they continue to go on first dates. However, their spouses usually do not approve of such behavior.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:00 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,634,334 times
The only date that annoyed the hell out of me (above some others, that were only mild in comparison) was 2 hours into the date he was all hands - and he started this while we were shooting darts in the middle of a crowd. Too touchy-feely where I had to actually say something to call his octopus limbs off. He says, "Don't you just love being close to the one you love, spooning in bed, and being affectionate?" I said, "Dude. Look. I just met you two hours ago. I do not love you and we will not be spooning tonight." I never heard from him again after that date. Thank God.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:04 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times
sounds like a bad experience for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
The only date that annoyed the hell out of me (above some others, that were only mild in comparison) was 2 hours into the date he was all hands - and he started this while we were shooting darts in the middle of a crowd. Too touchy-feely where I had to actually say something to call his octopus limbs off. He says, "Don't you just love being close to the one you love, spooning in bed, and being affectionate?" I said, "Dude. Look. I just met you two hours ago. I do not love you and we will not be spooning tonight." I never heard from him again after that date. Thank God.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:07 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,075,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Oh... I love first dates. That's the only time I really like a woman to go on and on talking. You learn so much about them, and everything is new. After that first date, however, they keep on talking and it quickly turns into something like Charlie Brown's teacher... "wa waaa waa waaaaa wa wa."
Yeah it's true. You project interest in listening to a woman you might find one that has never encountered it before, and gets so excited she goes on, and on, and on, and on. And you say two whole sentances to her the whole date, and the next day she's reporting to all her g-friends you're the most brilliant conversationalist she ever met. Especially if your two sentances were "really? I thought only I felt that way?"

Old 10-28-2008, 01:10 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,011,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
That is the Achilles Heel of women. They almost always love to talk about themselves, their feelings, their friends, their past relationships, their jobs, their families, etc. etc. etc. etc. et al until the end of time. So the first date, all you have to do is ask them questions about themselves. By the time the evening is over, they'll think you're the best conversationalist on the planet.

Of course, at some point during the first hour, she oughta ask more than a perfunctory question about you. If she doesn't, or simply asks a polite question and then immediately shift back to another monolog about her life, then you have a narcissist on your hands. Run!

Old 10-28-2008, 01:21 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,009,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Ugh, I hate the touchy feely ones. There was this one date I remember and he was just bitter. I don't remember how we got on the topic of high school but he was just going on and on how he was treated badly and hated it and was bullied and how he thought those people were losers now. And that was the rest of the conversation. He was in his mid 20s already.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:48 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,634,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
sounds like a bad experience for you.
More annoying than anything. I get the two opposite spectrum of men. The too cold - the too hot. The week before this guy, I went on a date with a guy who was the "shove a lump up his ***** and when you pull it out you'll get a diamond" cause he was so tense and uptight. I then hoped to meet someone warmer. Warmer! Not as hot as what I got the following week. I do wonder though, with these touchy-feely "Oh I love to spoon and cuddle and kiss and and and" - do other women actually fall for this garb, just thinking the dude is totally into her? It became such an annoyance that I did say I needed to go because I was tired from having been up so early. The guy was a pleasant personality before he became all touchy. I am the type where I do NOT like strangers and people I do not know well touching me, but this guy was so smothering. Where do men come off thinking that women love to be shown such "affection" so early on, like 2 hours after a meet? Do other women like this? I wonder if it's other women he has dated who made him think it's cool to be like that.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:00 PM

77,920 posts, read 60,091,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Ohh yeah, I read that the other day when it was published. Good stuff. Reminded me of the time I had my "toe licker" date ... LOL
No kidding, a guy I had been conversing with via email for a few weeks finally convinced me to meet him for drinks and dinner at a mutally agreeable location. Ok, so I did.
I get there and he's very nice, charming, etc. We sit at the bar while awaiting our table to be ready and we are talking over a drink. I can't help but notice he's staring at my feet on and off and about five minutes later he leans in and says "can I ask you something?" I said ok shoot, and then he says, "I don't know how to say this so I'll just blurt it out, I really would love to lick your toes." So, I put my drink down and with a totally straight face I stand up, tell him that I'm leaving and that not only will he not be sucking on my toes this evening but he will never suck on my toes. LOL
That was the end of that, he emailed me several times afterwards apologizing but I was just like ummm no thanks. Maybe if we had been dating and things progressed to that, maybe but no sorry, not on the first meeting LOL
The funny thing was he was the CEO of his own company, very successful guy, good looking, charming, etc.. but had his foot fetish HA!
Argh! How many times do I have to apologize for that.

P.S. Please message me a picture of your feet.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,002,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Argh! How many times do I have to apologize for that.

P.S. Please message me a picture of your feet.
Guess how many times I've asked her for the guy's number! I'm not kiddin'... I love to have my footsies massaged! In order to get that I might even let him lick them! Something’s fishy since she never gave me his number… She must be using the services and pretends to hate them here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships