Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 01:28 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,874,477 times

Advertisements

Here's another CNN article for you:
First dates -- the good, the bad, the OMG

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 07:45 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,602,207 times
Ohh yeah, I read that the other day when it was published. Good stuff. Reminded me of the time I had my "toe licker" date ... LOL
No kidding, a guy I had been conversing with via email for a few weeks finally convinced me to meet him for drinks and dinner at a mutally agreeable location. Ok, so I did.
I get there and he's very nice, charming, etc. We sit at the bar while awaiting our table to be ready and we are talking over a drink. I can't help but notice he's staring at my feet on and off and about five minutes later he leans in and says "can I ask you something?" I said ok shoot, and then he says, "I don't know how to say this so I'll just blurt it out, I really would love to lick your toes." So, I put my drink down and with a totally straight face I stand up, tell him that I'm leaving and that not only will he not be sucking on my toes this evening but he will never suck on my toes. LOL
That was the end of that, he emailed me several times afterwards apologizing but I was just like ummm no thanks. Maybe if we had been dating and things progressed to that, maybe but no sorry, not on the first meeting LOL
The funny thing was he was the CEO of his own company, very successful guy, good looking, charming, etc.. but had his foot fetish HA!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:57 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,130,410 times
Ugh...that's something i'll never miss.......I hate first dates!

Old 10-28-2008, 09:12 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,070,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Ugh...that's something i'll never miss.......I hate first dates!
I love first dates! Especially when I learned to be at ease and, have practically zero expectations, which greatly helps ease the others nervousness. It really helps in determining if I want second and so on dates if they relax, let their guard down and start being themselves. Because EVERYBODY is secretly trying to be on their best behavior at first.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:24 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,130,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
I love first dates! Especially when I learned to be at ease and, have practically zero expectations, which greatly helps ease the others nervousness. It really helps in determining if I want second and so on dates if they relax, let their guard down and start being themselves. Because EVERYBODY is secretly trying to be on their best behavior at first.
Yea but that's just the thing....everyone is trying to be their best so in a way it's false advertising .......then by the time you realize they're really not who you thought they were your already like 3-4 dates deep and it's harder to break off than if it were just a 1st date.....ya know?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:34 AM

809 posts, read 2,875,900 times
You ever want to watch a FUNNY "Date/love" movie see "Dirty Love" with Jenny McCarthy. I know some people may not like her, but I could NOT stop laughing at that movie! It's all about her catching her boyfriend cheating on her and then she subsequently tries to find love in ALL sorts of "first date" kind of situations. HILARIOUS!!!! (There are some pretty crazy, gross, over the top scenes, but that's what makes the movie so funny)

Old 10-28-2008, 09:43 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,070,548 times
Quote:
Yea but that's just the thing....everyone is trying to be their best so in a way it's false advertising .......then by the time you realize they're really not who you thought they were your already like 3-4 dates deep and it's harder to break off than if it were just a 1st date.....ya know?
If you look at anything negatively, that's what you'll find. I enjoy watching the nerviousness being replaced by comfort and ease. But then again, I'm a scoundrel who learned, knows what I'm doing, but at the same time am a human who can't fight possitive body language. You maintain open, honest, caring posture and jestures, the curse is you become more honest, open and caring. Relaxed posture...RELAXS YOU.

Really!! try to smile at somebody even if you're angry or in a arguement. You'll suddenly not be so mad at them. And the fun part is sometimes it enrages them! But rage is fueled by adrenaline, they burn it out and start going what the heck are you smiling at! Then you say something like "why are two people who care about each other letting something stupid and insignificant as this bother them so much.." Watch them smile back.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:30 AM

28,896 posts, read 53,939,958 times
Quote:
Well, that can go both ways.

My standing policy was, unless the date was a total, absolute disaster, always go out with her twice. After all, she could have been having a bad day, she might not have been feeling well, or she might have been nervous. Right? As a result, there are only two women I didn't ask out twice. One was just totally humorless, and the second was an absolute youknowwhat.

That being said, I remember one date that wasn't so great the first time. She thought my jokes were odd and she didn't like the band or the crowds. And she didn't care for a couple of my friends. She didn't say anything, but I could tell she wasn't having a great time.

So we went out a second time, this time to a more laid back place. Guess what? I married her. As it turns out, she had broken up with a long-time boyfriend a few weeks earlier, and was still weird about the dating scene. We were engaged three months after our really mediocre first date. Boy, am I glad I called her back.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:18 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,916,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
So we went out a second time, this time to a more laid back place. Guess what? I married her. As it turns out, she had broken up with a long-time boyfriend a few weeks earlier, and was still weird about the dating scene. We were engaged three months after our really mediocre first date. Boy, am I glad I called her back.
Ha! So rebounds are not always hopeless!

Old 10-28-2008, 12:50 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,939,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha! So rebounds are not always hopeless!
Well, it wasn't technically a rebound, since she was the dumper, not the dumpee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships