Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 11:21 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir_ny View Post
Okay I understand that. Never said that wasn't an option or a bad one. But obviously it wasn't what I was looking for. But if you guys keep saying that the only way to "help" him is to leave him then fine point taken. End of discussion.
We're only saying this because we've tried and exhausted all ways of "helping" such people and already know it's an impossible task, so there's nothing else to say really... Trust me, I totally understand and relate to (as I said above) your desire to turn your charming irresponsible Romeo into a charming responsible Romeo, but it just ain't gonna happen. If you want to continue being with him you have to accept him for who he is and bear the burdens caused by his actions along. It’s your choice and it’s a valid choice… who am I to tell you not to make it. All we try to do is let you know you're deluding yourself believing he's gonna change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 11:27 AM

335 posts, read 1,112,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
We're only saying this because we've tried and exhausted all ways of "helping" such people and already know it's an impossible task, so there's nothing else to say really... Trust me, I totally understand and relate to (as I said above) your desire to turn your charming irresponsible Romeo into a charming responsible Romeo, but it just ain't gonna happen. If you want to continue being with him you have to accept him for who he is and bear the burdens caused by his actions along. It’s your choice and it’s a valid choice… who am I to tell you not to make it. All we try to do is let you know you're deluding yourself believing he's gonna change.
okay point taken. thanks!!

Old 10-29-2008, 11:38 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
My advice is don't open a joint account with him.
Don't move in with him.
Don't marry him.
DO NOT GET PREGNANT!

He may be great in other areas but being able to handle money and take care of himself is a characteristic that is extremely important to have and 26 is too old not to have learned this. I've been there and done that. I'm sorry you aren't liking what you are reading but it is what it is. Unless you want to take care of him for the rest of your life as a mother figure instead of a girlfriend or wife then I suggest you leave.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:18 PM

[quote=carlitasway;5908749]My advice is don't open a joint account with him.
Don't move in with him.
Don't marry him.
DO NOT GET PREGNANT!

I'm not planning to do of those things. thanks anyways

He may be great in other areas but being able to handle money and take care of himself is a characteristic that is extremely important to have and 26 is too old not to have learned this.

I totally agree.

I've been there and done that. I'm sorry you aren't liking what you are reading but it is what it is.

It's not a matter of not liking what i'm reading. Like I said previously I was expecting a different suggestion. Since there are no others, no need to beat a dead horse.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:22 PM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
You know the answer. "He sucks as a boyfriend, blah, blah, blah"
Just tell him good-by, and tell him that after a few years, when he has his s**t together, he can call you if you're still available.
Please..have a little self respect.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:26 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
[quote=mir_ny;5909381]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Don't move in with him.
Don't marry him.
DO NOT GET PREGNANT!

He may be great in other areas but being able to handle money and take care of himself is a characteristic that is extremely important to have and 26 is too old not to have learned this.

I totally agree.

I've been there and done that. I'm sorry you aren't liking what you are reading but it is what it is.

It's not a matter of not liking what i'm reading. Like I said previously I was expecting a different suggestion. Since there are no others, no need to beat a dead horse.
What suggestion were you looking for?

Old 10-29-2008, 12:32 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
[quote=mir_ny;5909381]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Don't move in with him.
Don't marry him.
DO NOT GET PREGNANT!

I totally agree.

Not that we are trying to beat a dead horse, or make you feel like we are beating up on you either (because we really aren't), but think about this...if this many experienced women (most of us in our 40's) are all telling you the SAME thing, that might be a good indicator we know what we are talking about - just think about that okay?

Old 10-29-2008, 12:33 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
[quote=carlitasway;5909540]
Quote:
What suggestion were you looking for?
One that wouldn't be so hard to actually take

Old 10-29-2008, 12:37 PM

Honestly if i had a clue I wouldn't have ask for help. Was checking to see if there was anything I could do to help. apparently the only answer is to leave him.

Like i said previously I want to know I did everything possible to make this work. I don't want any what ifs.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:42 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Honestly if i had a clue I wouldn't have ask for help. Was checking to see if there was anything I could do to help. apparently the only answer is to leave him.

Like i said previously I want to know I did everything possible to make this work. I don't want any what ifs.
If you value your sanity, credit record, and self-esteem, yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships