Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:04 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir_ny View Post
Honestly if i had a clue I wouldn't have ask for help. Was checking to see if there was anything I could do to help. apparently the only answer is to leave him.

Like i said previously I want to know I did everything possible to make this work. I don't want any what ifs.
Honey, there are always what ifs. It's what life is about. There are no 100% sure things. I would think you would have more what ifs if you stay with him for years and find out nothing has changed. It's not easy to leave someone you love but love isn't always enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 01:23 PM

335 posts, read 1,113,264 times
Well I'm not planning on giving him anymore YEARS. He is already on his last warning. If this relationship does end due to lack of change then he is always welcome to hit me up later in life if/when he does. If i explore all options of trying to help him then there aren't any what if to consider should I leave him. And thats the what ifs that are important as of now. I don't consider this relationship a waste of my youth or time. It's MY learning experience that I DECIDED to make and learn from.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:22 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,779,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir_ny View Post
okay here is the history lesson.

When I met the boyfriend he had a job. When we started seeing each other he quit his job. He was unemployed for a year. Now he has been working at the same job for three years but it's off the books. He is 26. All his stuff is at his mom apt but he stays with me in my shared apt. I'm 25.

Last year he decided he was going to go back to school full time and work full time too. I warned him not to go back to school full time since he had pay for it himself and it would be better if he started of slowly. well anyways I don't think he passed any of the classes he didn't drop already. Which means he threw away $2000+.

So then I came up with the bright idea that we save money to move out together. Then he started acting weird about the money that was put away. Come to find out he used the money to buy me a birthday gift. Of course I made him pay me back. But then that turned me off from wanting to move in with him.

He is very irresponsible with paying his bills and managing his money. He doesn't take any of my suggestions to help manage things better. I get so irritated that he is throwing away money on overdraft and late fees. That is money that could be spent on me! (joke) But really we coulda at least been moved in together.

He is a great person. But he sucks as a boyfriend. He says he wants to change. he doesn't want to be irresponsible anymore. blah blah blah. I'm just sick of hearing it but not seeing it. He has great potential to be an awesome boyfriend/husband/father. How do I help this process along??
Does anyone know what you call the female counterpart to "Captain Save-A-Ho?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships