Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies, Would You Date/Marry This Man If His Yearly Net Income Was Over $250,000 A Year ?
Yes 9 11.54%
No 69 88.46%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:50 PM

37,615 posts, read 45,996,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
Most women in real life that I have talked to tell me that they care more about whether or not a man has his life together financially rather than how he looks physically. Judging by the poll results here, most of the ladies on this forum do not represent the average woman since they are putting appearence above financial security when judging this guy.
"Financial security" of dating material is not at the top of the list for the most women. It may be for some, but I assure you they are the minority. Even so, you have selected a grossly unappealing fellow to use as criteria for your poll. I doubt you would find many women that would want to be in the same room with this guy, much less date him. Believe me, not enough money in the world....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 08:53 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
Financial security is usually pretty important to most girls, even if only subconsciously. But there are other things like status, power, etc.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:09 PM

37,615 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Financial security is usually pretty important to most girls, even if only subconsciously. But there are other things like status, power, etc.
I did not say that financial security itself, was not important to most women. It most certainly is!! Read my post.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:11 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,352 times
Quote:
Money usually goes hand in hand with status and power. How many people in the world do you know that have status and power, but no money ? Why do you think most U.S presidents past and president were already born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Also most of congress come from financially well off families.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:11 PM

Well you said directly that the minority of women care about that. I'm not really sure if that's true or not, stereotypically a lot of women care about that, but I think they care more about just making sure they date a guy with ambition who has some sort of real career.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Money usually goes hand in hand with status and power. How many people in the world do you know that have status and power, but no money ? Why do you think most U.S presidents past and president were already born with a silver spoon in their mouth.
Of course. But money isn't automatically status and power. You can have money and not have status and power. But if you have status and power, you probably have money. In other words, B implies A, but A doesn't imply B. You can have a rich uncle die and be wealthy, but to be powerful you have to get there yourself generally or be left such a huge sum of money and be smart enough to figure out how to use it well.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:13 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
It is for me also,which is one reason I stayed away from getting married and having kids.Im at a point now where I have no major bills,car paid off,got alot of my fun things,getting ready to buy a house cash.Pocket most of my paychecks.Wasn't always like that but I look out for myself one way or another,and never have had a high dollar paying job,not 100K,not even 80k a year,but I live in Fl though where things don't cost as much like the north East or California.

Although if I did have a kid,I would change to make sure I was responsible for my child.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:16 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
He's not so bad looking in the face on picture 2. But anyway, making over 250,000 a year does not guarantee a great marriage, happy kids and a satisfying sex life.

And anyway, I like a man with teeth, I like to be bitten if you know what I mean

Old 10-30-2008, 09:18 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
He's not so bad looking in the face on picture 2. But anyway, making over 250,000 a year does not guarantee a great marriage, happy kids and a satisfying sex life.

And anyway, I like a man with teeth, I like to be bitten if you know what I mean
Sheesh, put your bedroom dreams aside...I'd like him to have teeth so I would not get shot with his food while he ate...

Old 10-30-2008, 09:18 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Quote:
Most women in real life that I have talked to tell me that they care more about whether or not a man has his life together financially rather than how he looks physically. Judging by the poll results here, most of the ladies on this forum do not represent the average woman since they are putting appearence above financial security when judging this guy.
There is a difference when the guy is loaded with $$$ but just plain out FUGLY. That man looks like a shaved, toothless grizzly bear.

Imagine yourself as a woman and having him crawl all over/paw at you during the night, and see if you'd have him....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships