Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 03:42 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I had a horrible October as well, you're not alone. I am also praying November is better. I would have to say October 2008 was one of my worst months ever, put it right up there with October 2006. I guess Octobers haven't been kind to me. In fact one of my other worst months would have to have been October 2001.

October 15 is the anniversary of my mom's death, always a tough day anyway. So that never helps the month because it's only been two years so that's pretty fresh.

It was a very bad month in every respect.
Sorry dude. I truly hope it gets better for ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 06:13 PM

809 posts, read 2,883,759 times
Bad october RIGHT here!!!!

It started with my boyfriend BREAKING UP with me..... then visiting me and everything was COOL with us (to the point that I thought we were guna be ok)

To him telling me a week after he left that he has feelings for some other girl.....

and then a week later telling me he had a drunk night "escapade" with some other chick the FIRST time he broke up with me.......

and now "feeling confused" because he "loves me" so much but still has feelings for that other girl (NOT the one he slept with)......... SO.......

I currently hate the month of october AND him

Old 11-01-2008, 06:44 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
don't take out your anger on the month of October, it just isn't fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post

It started with my boyfriend BREAKING UP with me..... then visiting me and everything was COOL with us (to the point that I thought we were guna be ok)

To him telling me a week after he left that he has feelings for some other girl.....

and then a week later telling me he had a drunk night "escapade" with some other chick the FIRST time he broke up with me.......

and now "feeling confused" because he "loves me" so much but still has feelings for that other girl (NOT the one he slept with)......... SO.......

Old 11-01-2008, 06:47 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,581 times
Quote:

Want Twinkle, Mrstewart, Cold, Alice and I to go beat him up for you?

Old 11-01-2008, 07:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
It's interesting that the stock market seems to always be temperamental in October.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:31 PM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
October was a drag here. Work and rain, blah.

No romance either.

I hate it when the flicker of intimacy seems so distant.

Ugh

Old 11-01-2008, 10:02 PM

188 posts, read 548,433 times
My October sucked...

I found out that a grandparent died, then, as I was leaving the funeral, I found out that one of my best friends of nearly 20 years who is also my brother in law died in a car crash.

These happened within one week of each other in mid October.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:46 PM

323 posts, read 788,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
As far as your unresponsive insurance agency goes, I would be on them like white on rice. If they aren't living up to the spirit and the letter of the contract, I would threaten to go to your state's insurance commissioner, which exists solely to investigate nonsense like this. Either that or the BBB.
I've spent a good deal of the last three weeks calling my insurance over and over again.. I'm tired of it.. I had a nice, long talk with my agent about it the other day and he's hopefully going to help me out. I think I'm just about done with the process anyways.

Thanks for the advice.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:04 AM

323 posts, read 788,043 times
Quote:

I would rather get my car stolen than dealing with a confusing and sad break up again.. Sorry to hear about your pain.. It's so miserable. I remember when I my guy and I ended it in October 2007... I felt like someone took my air away!

Old 11-02-2008, 12:12 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,845,674 times
I'll never forget October. That's when my recent ex-bf of 4.5 years married his gf after dating her for 2.5 months. I know he's an idiot but that is shocking information to me, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships