Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 06:02 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,429,776 times

Advertisements

Karma, divine retribution, etc. - it's all a crock. At best, the delusion can make you feel better and avoid doing something just as harmful or stupid.

The reality is that sometimes cheaters do prosper, and bad people sometimes do get ahead - and never suffer for their deeds. Life isn't fair - all we can do is try to make it fairer by our own good deeds.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:50 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,268,292 times
I don't go in for karma, but I'm pretty sure that if you are always looking to the next person to be the one who inexplicably creates all your happiness in life, and makes the deep unhappiness you have within yourself go away, you're gonna spend your whole life trading one person in for another, always being frustrated, and always being unhappy.

I would think that by this point (coming up on a year since my world rather spectacularly exploded), my ex has probably figured out that, no, it actually wasn't me, our life, or our relationship that was making him unhappy. Word on the street is, he's still pretty damned unhappy, still searching for that elusive something that makes life make sense, still wrestling with the same demons that plagued him before me, during me, undoubtedly after me, and inevitably will for the foreseeable future until he realizes that he has to actually do something about them, not just churn through people, expecting their presence to make him feel okay about life. It's not revenge, he's just not a happy person...never was, never will be, doesn't know how to be, won't likely learn. Defines his happiness by the opinions of others, who will never hold him in esteem. I'm sure his life is great on paper; it always was. I'm also just as sure that he is not enjoying it, he never did. Sad, but his perpetual dissatisfaction is not my problem anymore.

I, by contrast? Was freed up to find somebody who actually enhances my life, rather than requiring constant handholding, copious encouragement, and endless stream of moral support that falls on deaf ears, etc. A positive, upbeat, grounded, secure, and genuinely happy person who loves his life, and, hey, do I wanna be a part of it, too? Yes, sir. Yes, you'd better believe I do.

It's nice. Karma, eh. I don't need for my ex to have a lousy life in order to appreciate that I know how to find happiness, and that my life is good. What his life becomes is no longer mine to worry about, sadly. Happily, though, I have my own very good things and very good people upon which to focus.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:00 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,592,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
. I don't need for my ex to have a lousy life in order to appreciate that I know how to find happiness, and that my life is good. What his life becomes is no longer mine to worry about, sadly. Happily, though, I have my own very good things and very good people upon which to focus.
The bolded for truth. When you get to that point, life is great.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:10 PM

4,000 posts, read 4,070,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I, by contrast? Was freed up to find somebody who actually enhances my life, rather than requiring constant handholding, copious encouragement, and endless stream of moral support that falls on deaf ears, etc. A positive, upbeat, grounded, secure, and genuinely happy person who loves his life, and, hey, do I wanna be a part of it, too? Yes, sir. Yes, you'd better believe I do.
You left out the important part . . . does he have a brother . . . who lives in Michigan? LOL

Old 07-01-2013, 08:18 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,251,465 times
I don't really believe in karma and I too don't see the big deal about revenge or wishing bad on another.
But I see this thread as maybe just a game, and some might get a chuckle. Just a thread to talk, and maybe some fun. It doesn't have to be a big deal.

I had a cheating BF, and I don't know a lot of details or what happened to him or any of my exes. I just know that I went on to have a better life, while he ended up stuck in our crappy hometown, dead-end job, bratty kids he never wanted, broke, run down trailer, etc I have had a great life, lived in other countries, went to college, and am doing pretty good. Sure I try not to feel any satisfaction over it but I'm no saint.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,373 times
I was in a relationship with a man I loved dearly and would do anything for me and at the end of our relationship i felt a distance between us because he wouldn't txt me as much or call, then one day his phone accidentally called my phone and I can saying in the backround, all this is yours..i left all my girls alone to be with you and when i heard this i was in my basement crying because i didn't want my children see me crying and a month after that he got married to this woman after all i did for this man. He told me that's life and it is what it is. Today I don't shedd tears for this man, but I am still hurt by what I over heard and what he said to me. I think that was so cold of him after I took care of him when he had an operation. want to hate this man but I don't, I hate how he played wiht my heart and my emotions. No man or woman should never go through what I been through. He only knew this woman for three months. i don't wish anything bad to happen to him but he deserves to feel what he made me feel.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:12 PM

727 posts, read 1,527,490 times
Karma actually taught me. I cheated on my ex-gf when I was 20, and I got what I had coming to me when I tried to get with the friend of the girl that I was cheating on with the original gf.

I almost need a graphic organizer to best explain this.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:10 PM

105 posts, read 283,241 times
I had an ex who cheated on me and treated me horribly. 1 year later he landed in prison for 12 years. Now I'm the only person who has to reach out to, not the girls he ditched me for who gave up on him and moved on to different men. Sometimes I respond, sometimes I don't but he never stops begging me back.

It's not gonna happen.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,242 times
Boyfriend of four years and I moved in together to a new house. My best friend was having problems with her boyfriend and I told her she could stay with us. She ended up cheating with my boyfriend behind my back and he broke up with me for her. Not even 3 weeks after they were officially a couple, my ex kept contacting me trying to get me to be his mistress. I didn't want none of that. I moved on and got a new boyfriend.
He cant trust my ex friend and keeps looking through her mail and skype finding guys who flirt with her. He tells me she keeps in contact with her ex boyfriends. Bur theyre living together now. For 7 months and still going, my ex keeps contacting me, wanting me to have sex with him. I always refuse. I learned that his new girlfriend (my ex-best friend) got a pinched nerve in her spine and basically can't even walk for too long or drive. I feel no pity for him because after all this, he still wants to cheat on her and wants me to cheat ( I will NEVER cheat ) All he cares about is having sex but he is always telling me he loves me and misses me and he is "suffering" without me but he won't be honest.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,945 times
Default Karma x 4 = Don't **** With Me

I got 4 stories and am gonna enjoy sharing

1. He was my first in middle school, it was puppy love. Then during our freshman year in high school he meets another girl who EVERYONE knew was a hoe (or at least acted like one). So he left me to try to go after her. 3 days later he calls me up and tells me that he found out she was a hoe. I'm thinking "ok where the hell have you been?" We're acquaintances to this day but his relationships aren't getting any better. His last gf cheated on him. He doesn't even know it.

2. The year afterwards I had another bf for only 3 months. Then all the sudden a new girl arrives at the school and turns out she lives right near him. She was buddying up with me then I started hearing rumors that she been sittin on his lap, hanging around the neighborhood. At least 3 people told me. So after confronting him, he left me as well to go out with her. About 2 weeks later after school I was gonna find her and start a scene and she was nowhere to be found EVER. she disappeared. Months later, that same ex of mine told me that she got pregnant and moved away to live with another guy. I never felt so triumphant in my life

3.Again in high school I had this real good friend of mine who I used to date in Junior year. Some woman randomly calls my phone (with a blocked number..)and leaves a voicemail telling me that I was messing with her man (she did say his name) and wanted to fight me. After questioning who that girl was I told my ex (from story #2) and he told me that her name sounded familiar. He talked to one of his friends and she knew right away who it was. She went there, asked her how she got my number (apparently from his phone, when he claims he doesn't know her) and then whooped her. 6 years later and never heard a voicemail from her since. Dumb b***h shouldn't have left her name, and where she was from(my old neighborhood) on my answering machine

4. About 3 years ago there was someone I dated right after high school, but he had to do time. I tried to stick it out with him but it just wasn't working. He wanted me to do things I didn't want to do when he gets out. We would get into arguments and purposely tell me about other girls just so he could **** me off ( he later confessed that to me). After telling me that "my friend loves me and wants to make me happy" lie, I left him. He ended up doing more time from doing stupid stuff. Then a year later he's begging me to take him back, telling me how much he misses me, wants me, and apologized 1000 times. Now that's he's out, even though he says he misses me, he's now hooking up with numerous girls (or lying about that too to try to get a reaction) and asking me questions about my new man. Seriously why does he want to know?

After the lonely nights, teary eyes and "I'm sorry" that I had, Karma has been so good to me. Now I'm more happier than I could ever be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships