Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 02:54 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times

Advertisements

One girl in particular that I can think of many years ago cheated on me. I never talked to her again. For that, I slept with two of her friends as well. Yes, I was vindictive and yes, she deserved it. I don't know where she ever went, but I remember her telling me a story about how her mom used to step out on her dad. I just figured this girl had a great role model in mom. I am no saint though, back in the day I did my share of dirt. You aren't your mistakes if you learn form them. I do not agree with once a cheater always a cheater. I would not cheat on my girl friend today. Have I in the past, yes. That doesn't define me as a cheater for life.

I doubt Karma taught her sh t. I'm pretty sure that I let her know how it felt when she saw my car parked overnight at one of her friends houses. I know that they never hung out again. Am I sorry for it, not really. Her friends didn't seem to care either.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 10-25-2014 at 03:32 PM..

Old 10-25-2014, 05:15 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,598,333 times
If you're depending on "karma" to "teach" someone something, you're doing it wrong. Focus on having a better life for yourself and move on, rather than hoping other people have a worse life.

Old 10-25-2014, 05:30 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
If you're depending on "karma" to "teach" someone something, you're doing it wrong. Focus on having a better life for yourself and move on, rather than hoping other people have a worse life.
Right on. I don't buy into the notion of karma.

I've said it more than once. People wishing ill on someone in the name of "karma" is more revenge than anything.

Old 10-25-2014, 05:35 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Right on. I don't buy into the notion of karma.

I've said it more than once. People wishing ill on someone in the name of "karma" is more revenge than anything.
Oh... I believe in Karma... but karma is an innocent member of the equation... siting around and wishing bad karma is revenge and by it's nature is not karma......

Not to get too linguistically technical.......

Old 10-25-2014, 05:40 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Oh... I believe in Karma... but karma is an innocent member of the equation... siting around and wishing bad karma is revenge and by it's nature is not karma......

I can see that.

I've got better things to worry about than what happens to those who wronged me.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:59 PM

22,317 posts, read 29,400,492 times
I think this is a repeat of a post I probably posted years ago-can't remember. Not really cheating but...

My first bf who was my first for everything, who was older, always thought I was just this little girl and never took me serious. So finally after two years I broke it off. He ended up marrying and having kids with someone else. Well when I was broken up with but still involved with the love of my life he came back to me. He left his wife and two kids for me realizing I was the one. I felt horrible but I had already moved on as it had been almost 5 years since we broke up. They never did get back together and to this day almost 22 years later he still tells me I'm the one.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:08 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:

Exactly. The title of this thread has always irritated me.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:08 AM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I can see that.

I've got better things to worry about than what happens to those who wronged me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Exactly. The title of this thread has always irritated me.
Lol, yes, I can see that...

Old 10-26-2014, 02:24 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
So please take a few minutes to tell me of the inevitable event that happened to you or a friend, that brought a smile to your face and great satisfaction to your soul after bad karma reared it's ugly head!
my ex-wife strayed and i accepted that fact that it was inevitable that she (or I) would seek relationship happiness elsewhere because our marriage was dysfunctional and we were no longer compatible. it was both our fault, we both had shortcomings, and we could have done better but we didn't. it takes two to tango OP.

and although in the last few days before signing divorce papers she wanted to reconcile, i had concluded at that point that if i truly loved her, i would let her go find her happiness elsewhere because she wasn't happy with me. i have since forgiven her, we become friends, and have discussed reconciling (her affair didn't work out as planned ... no surprise, often happens). sadly, the damage is done.

my approach? accept, forgive, and move on. despite how others may approach this, i'm a believer that you don't wish or hope for unfortunate circumstances to people you once loved. because, frankly, it doesn't add any value to who your are or your life. god bless and good luck in your recovery.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:27 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
It didn't, apparently she is remarried with a kid and happy from what I have heard through the grape vine. Karma does not always come around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships