Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 06:29 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times

Advertisements

Karma is not punishment, it is cause and effect. It is consequence.

My sister has been cheated on, she is now happy dating. If "revenge" makes you feel better, buy a punching bag. Live your life to the fullest. Stop give more attention to the people who make you feel so miserable. Find somebody truly love you and respect you. That is the best "revenge" (for lack of a better word)

Old 10-26-2014, 06:59 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Exactly. The title of this thread has always irritated me.
By that same token past experiences and adversities I've faced helped shape me into what I am today.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,011 times
my boyfriend of 30 years is cheating on me. He moved in with her and says he is happy now. I am devasted and wanted him back. I do believe in karma. Will he come back to me? He says he is happy now and never wants to come back to me. Please help!

Last edited by jane081197; 01-30-2015 at 06:40 AM..

Old 01-30-2015, 06:38 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane081197 View Post
my boyfriend of 30 years is cheating on me. He moved in with her and says he is happy now. I am devasted and wanted him back. I do believe in karma. Will he come back to me?
You've been dating a guy for 30 years and he never married you?

He'll marry this woman he moved in with. I'd say move along.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:29 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,980,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I would love to indulge is stories of how people got karmic revenge on their cheating spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend. I am going through a divorce- my husband left me to move in with his mistress and while I feel I have worked hard to stay upbeat and strong there are still days here and there I get very depressed.

I know things are this way for a reason, and when I am a divorcee I'll have a new lease on life to begin again with my eyes open and stop accepting lies and cheating as a part of a successful marriage. Even knowing that there are still 'gray days'.

So please take a few minutes to tell me of the inevitable event that happened to you or a friend, that brought a smile to your face and great satisfaction to your soul after bad karma reared it's ugly head!
I am compelled to tell you (and others) a bit about me in answering your question. A lot of people will come on here perhaps acting high and mighty stating one of the following: 1) revenge is evil, etc... don't attach yourself to that negativity because it will pull you down OR 2) they will have anectdotal evidence of how their Ex's lives now suck without them. The truth is that what you need is something different, I don't know what it is but here is an excerpt of my life anyway:

I was married to my best friend and had hundreds if not thousands of wonderful memories with her. She was my first love, we have awesome children together, and because of a divergence in what I wanted to do vs what she wanted, I started to grow unsettled in our relationship. I found an "out" and in your words "cheated on her" and I divorced her... it was messy, emotional, expensive, time-consuming, and years later my children now have to live in two homes and we both only see them half time.

The situation is what it is... I go through moments of thinking it absolutely sucks as our children are so freakin awesome but I cannot raise them with my best friend/their mom anymore. All that stated, here's the kicker... there were many valid reasons for things not working out between us and my finding another "partner" I thought better represented what I wanted/needed was just a side effect of other more major issues. Therefore, reconciliation in the future may not be possible since a lot of those issues would have to be addressed to both of our satisfaction (and our Wills have diverged so much, that may just never happen).

The new partner I identified while married ended up not being anything close to what my children and I really wanted in our lives but it took time to figure that one out. Karma/Karmic Revenge? No... it wasn't karma... I just had some lessons to learn about myself, family, and life... and my children have likewise learned a whole lot as well. These stories will impact the future generations of my family and since I am optimistic, I know they will perhaps help them. The way I see it, I also now have a story and tons of lessons to share with others like the readers at CD in the attempt to help them. With some luck, perhaps the 5 million or so people who have read my posts will see their lives positively impacted! I pray that is the case my friend.

Truly, I don't know what you or others can get specifically out of my story, but I hope you do get the following: No matter what happens, it will be ok. You do not have to hang onto the negativity of past relationship breakups and I would recommend instead to remember being their best friend because those memories are real, yes no crap ...that really happened. Those memories are indeed worthy of your attachment if you are going to have any, and those memories won't hold you back as your life progresses forward. I say screw the conventional relationship nonsense you see on TV or in movies and make the choice to not be negative/mad/resentful of your Ex (or soon to be Ex)... realize you are the same people you were when you were in love and best friends but your life paths have diverged (or are diverging). It's not what you had hoped for, but that's ok, things move on and in order for you to move on to do your Will you need to Be in the Present (aka "Be Here Now" and "Be Love Now"). My best wishes to you and your family.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:07 AM

451 posts, read 562,243 times
She didn't cheat on me, but I had an ex gf break up with me to get back together with her ex. He ended up cheating on her within a month or two and break up with her. She tried coming back to me and pled her forgiveness. I told her she made her choice and refused to take her back. That was all the karma I needed.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:11 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
Well, my ex-girlfriend cheated on me. She called me yesterday stating that her new bf was cheating on her and she wanted me back. I told her to go f**k herself and hung up. It made me and my friends have a chuckle. That is why I love karma

Old 01-30-2015, 11:12 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino_esq View Post
She didn't cheat on me, but I had an ex gf break up with me to get back together with her ex. He ended up cheating on her within a month or two and break up with her. She tried coming back to me and pled her forgiveness. I told her she made her choice and refused to take her back. That was all the karma I needed.
Read my post. This just happened to me a few days ago.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:02 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,242 times
The best revenge to get back at someone that wronged you is move on, find someone that treats you better, and live your fullest potential. Wishing bad on others is bad karma in itself.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:27 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Well, my ex-girlfriend cheated on me. She called me yesterday stating that her new bf was cheating on her and she wanted me back. I told her to go f**k herself and hung up. It made me and my friends have a chuckle. That is why I love karma

This totally happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships