Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 07:25 PM

37,440 posts, read 61,346,326 times

Advertisements

I began my military career in the 70's and retired in 2001, I have been into clubs overseas as well as stateside.

Generally stateside is fairly tame. Some states require that girls wear pasties and g-strings, some don't. Some states do not allow touching, some states require a minimum set-back between customers and dancers of 3 feet.

As a NCO I have been in ports where my job was mostly making rounds of clubs and dragging US sailors out from them before the sailors got mugged. Live sex acts between dancers are not uncommon, sometimes with customers.

In Italy it is very common to see customers pulled up onto the stage and group sex happening on the stage. Germany, Austria, too.

Mexico has very young little girls doing stuff. And they will off 'private' shows which include girls with animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 09:07 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,242,895 times
Hmmmm, that may fall under the too much information category...

Old 11-03-2008, 09:15 PM

Ooops sorry about that.

Part of the trouble with having been career military, I guess, I have seen and experienced so many things. Folks ask stuff, maybe joking, and I respond from my memories, and perhaps my experiences have been too, uh blatant.

I do apologize if I have been too honest for this forum.

Bless you.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:19 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,242,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Ooops sorry about that.

Part of the trouble with having been career military, I guess, I have seen and experienced so many things. Folks ask stuff, maybe joking, and I respond from my memories, and perhaps my experiences have been too, uh blatant.

I do apologize if I have been too honest for this forum.

Bless you.
No problem...my dad was military too so I have seen/heard quite a bit...just didn't expect it, that's all...my post was also sort of joking...
No such thing as being too honest

Old 11-03-2008, 10:58 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,720,022 times
No Beekeeper, it was a good post. I think people need to realize that strip clubs are not just bars with scantily clad women where one goes to be happy and enjoy the scenery.

There is a lot of evil exploitation of women in this world, particularly young naive women, who are the disposable mistreated sex toys of men with money. It is not a pretty industry and there is a lot of human trafficking involved. Anybody who doesn't think that organized crime isn't enriching themselves recruiting these throwaway girls, has no idea what a polluted industry this really is.

It just always makes me sad that men have so little regard for the dignity of women.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:14 PM

918 posts, read 1,642,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
No Beekeeper, it was a good post. I think people need to realize that strip clubs are not just bars with scantily clad women where one goes to be happy and enjoy the scenery.

There is a lot of evil exploitation of women in this world, particularly young naive women, who are the disposable mistreated sex toys of men with money. It is not a pretty industry and there is a lot of human trafficking involved. Anybody who doesn't think that organized crime isn't enriching themselves recruiting these throwaway girls, has no idea what a polluted industry this really is.

It just always makes me sad that men have so little regard for the dignity of women.
And THAT is why I usually don't go into these places.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:02 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,114 times
When my ex Hubs and I went to go visit some old friends of his up in West Virginia, we went to a couple of them as a group. In this one specific area of WV, it's like a normal social club to just go to them for the $10 entry for all you can drink after 2AM when normal bars close. Nothing too exciting, my main observation was waiting for one of the chicks to fall down in the 6" platform shoes.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:35 AM

azoria -
"young naive women"
Sometimes trying to earn a living, sometimes trying to support family, sometimes tricked into it with promises of fame and fortune.

"mistreated sex toys of men with money"
Not always very wealthy men either.

As an American soldier I often felt the illusion as it I were a Roman solder walking among conquered lands. The US servicemembers are seen as very wealthy in many places of the world. Some of the men holding the 'property rights' to performers rarely seemed to be 'wealthy' from my observation of their material status.

"... there is a lot of human trafficking involved"
there is indeed.

I would say however that stateside, American women have far more control over their destiny. And are capable of gaining affluence while performing. Much better than say a Polish girl working in an Italian Tratoria, or a Nigerian in Dubai.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:01 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,223,371 times
They have been playing that human trafficking game in the US as well. I watched this in Florida. Women, and occasionally young men, would be recruited from the Eastern Bloc, and brought to the US. The price to become ligit was $10,000. If the girls were pretty they would become dancers, and if not they became housekeepers. They work for hotels and such up and down the coasts. They might be paid $2.50 an hour and then also have to pay rent and food etc. So, they are not getting far ahead.
The girls that were in dancing would work a circuit so that they could never orient themselves to an area. They were told hideous stories of INS which became their greatest fear. Unfortunately, from what we know now they have a good reason to be afraid of INS. Language is such a barrier and one that was attempted to be kept in place.
I never spoke with any of them that did not regret this choice and did not just want to go home. Some of these women had been teachers and were just shattered that they found themselves in this type of situation. You can still find the Polish girls in the US that are preforming sex acts even if they are preformed in private.

The same thing occurs when they traffick in Asian women and Mexican women for prostitution rings here in this country.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:59 PM

809 posts, read 2,883,584 times
Welp..... I WAS a stripper for about 4-5 months when I was 20 (i'm now 25).......

I was somewhat disgusted with one of the places I danced at (it was full nudity and it had rooms in the back where girls could dance for the guys and they could get themselves off... I did ONE dance like that, for a younger guy, who was cute, and he was DRUNK.. and then I swore off ever doing those dances ever again)....... That place was definitely more "dirty" then other places I've visited......

the second place I danced at was MUCH more classy and well kept, not to mention it was NOT full nudity.

I've come to the conclusion that men go for various reasons.

The young guys obviously go to gawk, and stare at naked women, possibly even MEET one and try and hook up with one.

the older men are usually not really there to gawk as much as they are to just have some sort of excitement in their lives. SOme are just plain lonely. Some were divorced, or bored with their marriage, or lives. Some were just plain COCKY and thought they could get ANY woman even though they were VERY obviously married (ANNOYING!) There was one guy that was a "Regular" of mine that I'd just SIT there, NOT nude and just TALK and he'd pay me like $300 just for a couple hours of company and conversation. I never even had to strip for him.

Sometimes guys would come in as a whole group as a sort of "bonding" thing. Sometiems guys would come in with girlfriends and BOTH the guy and girl would have fun (The guys get off on watching their gf be "with" another girl).......

For the most part it's ALL business. Very rarely did I get creeped out by guys that SERIOUSLY thought they were guna get to go home with a dancer. Most guys KNOW the rules (some places allow touching, some don't)....... If a guy ever asked for my number I usually let them know I can't give it to them for my own safety........

After working as a dancer I do not care ONE bit if my boyfriend goes to those places AT all. MOST of the dancers are pretty gross! There are the exceptional few who are just SMOKIN hot, but they're usually already taken themselves. ANd if they aren't they have VERY high standards and don't settle on just any shmo off the streets. I witnessed this with TWO of the dancers I use to work with. They were EXTREMELY good looking and they just had VERY high standards. Guys hit on them all the time, but they never dated anyone because they had certain "aspects" they were looking for in a guy. They had to be "hot" enough and "rich" enough... etc etc

So girls REALLY don't have to fear what goes on in MOST strip joints (I can't speak for all of them..... I haven't been to any of these really raunchy ones that people speak of)........ Guys aren't guna get far with a dancer. There's lots of rules usually and the girls usually think pretty highly of themselves. They feel "empowered".

Not to mention a lot of my guy friends have some image that a lot of dancers are "dirty" (which isn't true) ..... but it's not any different then taking a risk with sleeping with someone you just met at a bar. You never know what someone has, and if you just met them or dont' know them well you shouldn't be sleeping with them since you NEVER know what diseases someone has....

Just comin from a former dancer.......

Last edited by SubaruFiend; 11-04-2008 at 04:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships