Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:22 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Ive followed those for the most part. Usually within 10 minutes of meeting someone my BS-o-meter has sized them up. That usually determines if I'll have anything to do with them.

Some guys havent liked my little policies though...probably why I havent dated much.
I think that's the safe way to be, though. But I've certainly met people who would've thought I was crazy for not letting them visit my apartment until I'd known them for at least four months. BUT, thing is, I can think of at least one guy that I regretted letting into my apartment too early on. (The worst didn't happen, but it was still a poor choice).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 09:25 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,561 times
I guess I just see something different here. I see a guy who somehow is getting guys to share a lot of information with him. Having pictures of dates is pretty advanced. He feels 95 percent of them are scumbags. 100 percent of them are liers. I wonder, what percentage of them you'd feel should be castrated?

Old 11-03-2008, 09:26 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
No, this message is not an slap in the face to the ladies, it's more like a PSA.

I was at work last night and some of you on CD know that I manage a mens shelter.

Here's the deal............when you meet "Mr. Right" be sure to ask questions and be sure to get the correct answers.

Here is why I say this: The shelter that I manage has a few guys that I would think many women would consider attractive. I find it it odd that these guys meet as many woman as the do. They do in fact meet these women because they show me texts,photos and tell me about their dates.

I always ask the guys: Do these women know you live in a shelter?
Do these women know about your background( ex-con)
Do these women know about your "habit"?(drugs/drinking)
100% of the time the guys always say: NO, I just lie and make stuff up, I never tell them( the women) about me or my situation.

Ladies be carefull is all I am saying because you never know whom you're meeting and taking home with you.

I am not saying all the guys in my shleter are bad but 95% are ex-cons/drug addicts or a alcoholics.

Just because a guy is good looking,well dressed and speaks well, be cautious. Use your head and common sense.

cr
Yes, sadly, many women just don't use their brains at all in this area. I've never understood it.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:28 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
Correction.....I never said they were scumbags. I said 95% of them have one of the 3 problems. That's a fact not a opinion.

I never said 100% were liers neither...........my point in the entire post was for the ladies to be careful. It appears you're the only person that missed that......

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
I guess I just see something different here. I see a guy who somehow is getting guys to share a lot of information with him. Having pictures of dates is pretty advanced. He feels 95 percent of them are scumbags. 100 percent of them are liers. I wonder, what percentage of them you'd feel should be castrated?

Old 11-03-2008, 09:30 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,384,252 times
I dunno, I think you can tell, if you actually wait and really listen. I think there are certain women (and men of course) who so want to believe something that they don't pay attention to the details.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:31 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,058,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
You'd be surprised. I can almost bet that if you saw some of the guys that lived in my shelter, you'd never believe they were homeless.
Just the fact that they are homeless wouldn't be something so aweful. Bad things happen to good people, but the criminal record, drug abuse and all the aweful things I found out could never have been detected from the type of family he came from. They are such 'clean' people.

Good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
I dunno, I think you can tell, if you actually wait and really listen. I think there are certain women (and men of course) who so want to believe something that they don't pay attention to the details.

2,412 posts, read 5,083,561 times
How much warning have you given them???? Like diseases? Working on themselves, instead of relationships? Hope for a better life? Just show me your pics so I can go on the net and warn women about you scumbags? Tell me how you get em so I can warn them? I'm sensing more of a warden than a manager of a shelter.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:32 AM

That's what makes it so tough. I just want the ladies to be careful.

And you're correct, bad things DO happen to good people!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
Just the fact that they are homeless wouldn't be something so aweful. Bad things happen to good people, but the criminal record, drug abuse and all the aweful things I found out could never have been detected from the type of family he came from. They are such 'clean' people.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:33 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
He didn't use the word "scumbags". This is what he said, "I am not saying all the guys in my shleter are bad but 95% are ex-cons/drug addicts or a alcoholics".

Ron is in the trenches, he knows the kind of people he is dealing with and has issued a fair warning to the naive women amongst us. There is nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade - unless you personally WISH to date ex-cons, drug addicts or alcoholics? Most of us would consider that an unwise decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships