U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:41 AM
miu

12,955 posts, read 21,515,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
How about a guy with several degrees, well-spoken, had a great family, well-dressed, etc... His wrap sheet was a mile long. When we start thinking that we're too smart to be fooled, we will be.
Well how about we all should never lend a s/o money or tell them our financial assets, be quick to invite them to live with us, or be in a hurry to get married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 10:42 AM

3,721 posts, read 1,172,480 times
Quote:
So, your answer is to do a background check on everyone you date?
Hell yes. But only if things get serious or there are things that don't add up. Don't you care about who you let into your life?

Old 11-03-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Because a nerve has been touched here. When somebody goes off on something this innocuous, there's got to be something there. It's kind of like when I wrote the thread criticizing people selling AmWay, et al. One poster just went totally off the rails.
Hmmm

Old 11-03-2008, 10:44 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,951,700 times
Quote:
OK, now I get what you're saying. You think that Ron is 'ratting out' the people that he is supposed to be helping.

So, if one of the people that you were helping was planning a murder, you wouldn't be inclined to report them? What's the difference? These men are plotting to take advantage of women and he's sending out a warning. Wouldn't you lean towards protecting the innocent first and foremost?
How far do you take this? You went extreme with a crime. How about this tho....

I have a good friend. He and his wife work with me. Yesterday I caught his wife coppolating with another guy in a room. Now I have experiance in this. It was done to me! I always fantasized/wished somebody had told me. I did tell a woman friend about a boyfriend cheating on her, she killed the messenger. he's innocent! He loves her and thinks the world of her. What to do? What to do?? Maybe nothing! Realizing I don't run the world, that thinking I must protect everybody and correct each injustice only got me feeling the world was ungrateful to have ssecret superhero man in their midst.

I realize that maybe I don't have all the facts. That he's a grown man. That if this is her normal behavior why is he so hung up on her in the first place? I have made this mistake of tlling a girl and think I might have learned instead of doing it again, expecting a different result this time. This time i'm going to GENTLY confront her! And say "look it's none of my business and shouldn't be, could you be more discreet and thus not let it be my business in anyway?

Not that I don't agree that guys in shelters shouldn't be dating. But 100 percent of them lie to women?? And you getting the word out will save womenkind. Then how do you explain jail romances?? I think 100 percent of those women know they are dealing with an inmate!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 10:51 AM

483 posts, read 1,004,996 times
Lying is an art that needs practice and thinking. Never lie on small trivial matters, only lie when you can bundle your lie together with 10 true statement about your situation (the smaller percentage lie takes up, the less likely will it be detected), always throw out some dirty yet forgivable stuff before you spit out the lie that's gonna cover the really dirty stuff.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:53 AM

See how this is steamrolling, lets do background checks, stay only with your own kind. These are the people who agree with you. And lets be very suspicious of the intent of one who disagrees with our harmless, loving caring agenda here.Yup I've seen this before! They were very good marchers!

Old 11-03-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
See how this is steamrolling, lets do background checks, stay only with your own kind. These are the people who agree with you. And lets be very suspicious of the intent of one who disagrees with our harmless, loving caring agenda here.Yup I've seen this before! They were very good marchers!
You have either smoked something that waaaaay past the sell by date or someone peed in your weaties today

Old 11-03-2008, 11:05 AM

44,011 posts, read 53,931,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Because a nerve has been touched here. When somebody goes off on something this innocuous, there's got to be something there. It's kind of like when I wrote the thread criticizing people selling AmWay, et al. One poster just went totally off the rails.
I would kindly suggest that the nerve which has been "touched" is your nerve only. You have taken Ron's remarks out of context and way too personally - let it go.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:10 AM

In the bottom of the OP's post is great advice for women AND MEN. Of course all the jilted women suddenly see saint Ron. I see a possible self hating male.

Remember this...

"the meek shall inherit the earth"

Some of these poor and wretched males, not a lot mind you, or nearly enough, but some do break free from all these problems and become some of the greatest spiritual people on earth. Something they never would have done without bottoming out. Or the belief, and support of a great woman.

If I was ever worthy of one of the females this had happened to, I'd consider that an awesome blessing.

But to come out and imply they are ALL liers, even if your intentions are pure as snow, is not something I will countance, no matter how many virtual Mrs. Olsons jump on your posse.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:17 AM

745 posts, read 1,374,996 times
Opti-
The OP never said not to date homeless men. He said to watch out for people who are lying to you. There is a big difference. If someone is honest about their situation and you still choose to date them, than that is your choice to make. The warning here is to be careful of people who are NOT being honest about who they really are and/or their situation. I didn't see any criticism here, just good advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships