U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:04 PM

25,170 posts, read 32,317,847 times
Good post Ron,

I just want to confirm your advice.

I'd suggest you look up the statistics on rape, murder, and theft/fraud in your local areas to see how high it is. That way you have a more objective view on reality instead of being paranoid of every attractive or awkward man.

take care ladies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 01:06 PM

17,385 posts, read 15,870,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
The OP's contention is that It's us, the males, the liers, the decievers. We get a full belly and hit the streets looking for our victums. .
And that is where you run totally into the ditch. That is NOT the OP's contention. The OP is simply reminding women to take care. PERIOD. THAT'S IT. YOU have a huge chip on your shoulder that you just can't get out from under. I wish you luck with that.

And by the way, what makes you think we are all a bunch of "jilted women"??? Where the heck did THAT come from??

Old 11-03-2008, 01:27 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,872,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
And that is where you run totally into the ditch. That is NOT the OP's contention. The OP is simply reminding women to take care. PERIOD. THAT'S IT. YOU have a huge chip on your shoulder that you just can't get out from under. I wish you luck with that.

And by the way, what makes you think we are all a bunch of "jilted women"??? Where the heck did THAT come from??
Are you aware this is not his first dating men in shelter thread? After awhile I get the feeling it's motivated by jealousy, not concern!

And after he posted his would you date a guy living in a shelter, and got input, then it seemed that he concluded these guys must be decieving women, so he must warn them against them.

How about a different don't date guys thread, instead of a supposed homeless shelter manager constantly beating up on his own???????It's all slanted towards a homeless shelter theme, bad things to report about people in them stories? And to you people who keep repping me, get your butts out here instead.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:32 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,445,984 times
Quote:
Are you aware this is not his first dating men in shelter thread? After awhile I get the feeling it's motivated by jealousy, not concern!

And after he posted his would you date a guy living in a shelter, and got input, then it seemed that he concluded these guys must be decieving women, so he must warn them against them.

How about a different don't date guys thread, instead of a supposed homeless shelter manager constantly beating up on his own???????It's all slanted towards a homeless shelter theme, bad things to report about people in them stories? And to you people who keep repping me, get your butts out here instead.
Such defensiveness is quite transparent.

Regardless, I'm sure there are very noble, moral, homeless men in shelters who are in a temporary situation and are great people. Just as there are drug users, criminals, and others who can be very dangerous and deceiving and women should protect themselves from them. Ron was not saying all men in shelters were the latter, just that they are out there, and women need to be careful. How anyone can disagree with that is beyond me?

Old 11-03-2008, 01:55 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,478,214 times
Quote:

I understand your concern, but honestly, I didn't read all of that into the thread, and I'm always one of the first to read more into something and want to accuse someone of not meaning well. Had he started naming the shelter and naming names and all kinds of unnecessary things such as that, I would feel differently. But I really think he just means well and is encouraging people to stay safe.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:43 PM

8,525 posts, read 7,515,551 times
Actually the guy I mentioned in that thread "Shawn"(notice the quotes) was a fictional name. I would never mention their real names........come on dude whatever is bothering you, get over it!

For the record I have had 2 threds about dating men in shelters.....big deal.

Quote:
I have read Rons posts for quite some time now. I was amused at his loaning money to a guy in his shelter and then finding out the guy didn't even need to borrow, he'd already gotten his bus pass.

One thing that bothers me is this "sharing stories from the shelter" Most shelters have STRICT ANONIMITY LAWS,,,, LAWS, NOT JUST RULES. and in that one he mentions the guy by name!

Rons

Old 11-03-2008, 06:45 PM

25,170 posts, read 32,317,847 times
I think Optiflex has a crush on you Ron, but he is afraid of rejection that is why he is lashing out. bwa ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Actuall y the guy I mentioned in that thread "shawn"(notice the quotes) was a fictional name. I would never mention their real names........come dude whatever is bothering you, get over it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships