Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 12:46 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS. Confused View Post
yep I just called my doctor and spoke to the nurse. She will call me back. I think it is good for us to have our space right now. I will not file for divorce right now I need tiime to sort it out.
good for you.....whatever happens....you'll be glad you didn't act so hastily....don't forget to put in your share of the effort too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 01:55 PM

305 posts, read 373,239 times
I will try my best I guess that is all i can do

Old 11-07-2008, 02:58 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I disagree sierra - antidepressants aren't "mind altering" in the way illegal drugs are. When they work you don't feel high or confused at all. You just feel calm and able to think clearly. In fact, if you feel anything other than just "better" on an antidepressant you are not having a good reaction to it and need to try another kind.
I agree with this totally. I have been on anti depressants once, for about 6 months. I didn't feel euphopric at all - I still felt sad about things, just not as though it would never get better which was how I had been feeling before.
I did go to a therapist the whole time I took them, and continued seeing the therapist for a while after as well. I think that's key - you do need to work through the issues as well as just 'pop the pills'.

I know some people are on them long term, and don't do any of the mental 'work' (like seeing a therapist). I'm not sure that's the best idea, but I'm not a doctor, so can't really comment. I probably wouldn't have wanted to be on them long term, but I would take them again if I ever felt I needed to. Hopefully I won't!

Old 11-07-2008, 03:29 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,719 times
[quote=sierraAZ;6055395]No kiddin'! It has 2 pages of side effects! I was considering it long time ago and decided I'd rather live with less than perfect skin than be a wreck. I have a general rule of not touching anything not recommended for pregnant women.

quote]

Yeah well, its good birth control!!

Old 11-10-2008, 01:47 PM

Hi I have not posted in a few days and I am sure most of you are glad about that. I feel most of you have been a help in some way or another so I figured I will keep you all updated throughout. As of right now, I spoke with my husband and we both are really going to try to work things out. The problem is ME. Last night I was absolutly positive that I wanted him to move back in and from there we would move into the place he was going to take and from there we would work on things. Well, this morning I woke up not so sure. I feel maybe it would be better to keep things the way they are and work from there. I still dont know how comfortably I would be with him back. I am going to see the theripist tonight and I will see what she thinks. I really am trying but honestly I dont see it happening. I am trying to keep a positive outlook, my heart tells me things will not work.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:50 PM

918 posts, read 1,643,007 times
Quote:
Hi I have not posted in a few days and I am sure most of you are glad about that. I feel most of you have been a help in some way or another so I figured I will keep you all updated throughout. As of right now, I spoke with my husband and we both are really going to try to work things out. The problem is ME. Last night I was absolutly positive that I wanted him to move back in and from there we would move into the place he was going to take and from there we would work on things. Well, this morning I woke up not so sure. I feel maybe it would be better to keep things the way they are and work from there. I still dont know how comfortably I would be with him back. I am going to see the theripist tonight and I will see what she thinks. I really am trying but honestly I dont see it happening. I am trying to keep a positive outlook, my heart tells me things will not work.
You are trying...

its all you can do.

Good luck to you. We may not have always seen eye to eye.... but I care about everyone on here on some level.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:53 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Keep going to therapy. Don't stop. Ever.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:36 PM

Thank you I will keep everyone updated and thanks again for your advice.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:38 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
Quote:
Thank you I will keep everyone updated and thanks again for your advice.

No don't please....make it stop

Old 11-10-2008, 03:29 PM

542 posts, read 1,684,768 times
If you can keep an open mind and tell yourself there are any number of possibilities, it might be easier for you. If you can be open to the possibility you might be wrong about you overcoming these feelings, you will give yourself a much better chance. You know the saying, "fake it til you make it" ? Tell yourself it will work even if you don't feel it in the beginning.

Do the work, go out on dates and try but don't pressure yourself. Start off with something easy like going to a movie where the whole date doesn't revolve around conversation. Start with short time frames together...half hour for coffee. Its okay for the feelings NOT to be there all at once in the beginning. Sometimes the effort along with therapy will bring the results in time.

Its okay to feel, but don't give those feeling so much weight or power. I don't know if this makes any sense. Just don't say "never".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships