Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 08:19 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times

Advertisements

Give him time...he will have a myriad of emotions and you will just have to give him some room...this is like rolling the dice...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 08:32 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS. Confused View Post
i KNOW I AM SO SHOCKED do you think this is for good
It's not good or bad - it's just normal for what you are all going thru. Let him have his rants (as long as they aren't threatening) - he has a lot of anger to get out of his system. Don't try to argue with him just keep going to the therapist, even if he really won't go with you.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:00 AM

305 posts, read 373,210 times
I am going to continue with therepy, but I just wonder when we will both KNOW FOR SURE that this is the end. I am willing to try, but like I have said before the in between kills me....its like everyday is a different relm.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:08 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,960 times
almost two hundred posts from you and all about me me me me me me...haven't posted on threads other than yours. what exactly do you want from this forum?

Old 11-12-2008, 11:11 AM

raggy dee ann I AM LOOKING FOR ADVICE!!!!!! I have already stated that I am in no state of mind to comment on anyone else. I am going through a really difficult time in my life and it helps me to be able to run stuff by different people and get different opinions

Old 11-12-2008, 11:20 AM

877 posts, read 2,077,003 times
You decided months ago you can't raise a family and be married with him. You kicked him out of your house weeks ago, and you're finally starting therapy for his sake.

Why are you drawing this out for so long? If you really want your freedom, file divorce papers, give him custody of the kids, figure out your child support obligation, and get out of their lives.

He is never going to accept that the marriage is over as long as you keep vacilating on it for his sake. You've decided the marriage is over, so end it.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:27 AM

ZMAN0 I dont want to be with him but I never said I did not want to raise my children. I am trying to do what I feel I need to do to at least TRY to salvage this...even though I dont think that we have anything left I wanted to at least be able to say that we have traveled every avenue possible. As far as him never accepting the marraige being over because of my actions it not a valid point. He said if we tried the counsiling and things did not improve that would be enough for him.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:37 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,960 times
Quote:
raggy dee ann I AM LOOKING FOR ADVICE!!!!!! I have already stated that I am in no state of mind to comment on anyone else. I am going through a really difficult time in my life and it helps me to be able to run stuff by different people and get different opinions

Old 11-12-2008, 02:23 PM

877 posts, read 2,077,003 times
Quote:
ZMAN0 I dont want to be with him but I never said I did not want to raise my children. I am trying to do what I feel I need to do to at least TRY to salvage this...even though I dont think that we have anything left I wanted to at least be able to say that we have traveled every avenue possible. As far as him never accepting the marraige being over because of my actions it not a valid point. He said if we tried the counsiling and things did not improve that would be enough for him.
I must have misread your previous posts then. You are complaining that you got married too young, had kids too young, and are too busy taking care of your husband and children to pay attention to your own happiness.

I can't imagine how removing your husband from this equation is going to help. You're still going to be incredibly busy raising your children. You will still have to spend time coordinating visitation with your ex-husband. Do you honestly think you'll have more free time as a single mother?

Give your husband his kids and the house. Let him spend the time taking care of them. You should be out enjoying life, hanging out in bars, and "sowing your oats." Having a stable relationship, taking care of children, and keeping up a house on your own is only going to take away what you seem to perceive as the important things in life - your own happiness.

You've demonstrated you're not interested in taking responsibility to make a marriage work, why take on the responsibility to care for your children?

Old 12-01-2008, 11:16 AM

Hi, I know you all are sick of hearing from me, but, I need more advice. We have been going to counciling for a few weeks now, I dont feel it has helped much, but I feel better when I leave. I am having serious second thoughts....I know I did not listen when you all told me to slow down and I really should have. I feel now like I am being forced into making my final decision today...and this is why. He has to leave my sisters house like today....He wanted to come home until after Christmas and then move into his new place.(thanksgiving was extremely hard and emotional for all of us) My oldest daughter told us that she did not want him to come home only to leave again, she thinks it would just be too much to lose him again... she is right, but here is my worry...I am still so emotionally unstable. I think I want him back, but maybe for the wrong reasons, I miss having someone to come home to. Then I think about how much he loves me. But then I think if I have him come back what if that is a mistake and then I cant turn back and do this again. When I think of things just going back to the same thing it makes me scared. I just dont know....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships