Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 01:40 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times

Advertisements

It is a complicated situation for you. Your therapist should be helping you to organize your life at this point.

Here is my advice: Let your husband hang out with the kids because that makes everybody happy.

Don't beat yourself up because you don't want to hug or kiss him. Husbands and wives aren't 100% of the time hugging and kissing. My parents spend most of the time away from each other and are happy with that. You need not make yourself feel guilty or troubled over such nonsense.

You need not be so doom and gloom. Haven't you ever watched Dr. Phil? People have far worse going for them (terminal illnesses, child molestation, chronic alcoholism). You need to look on the bright side and organize/plan your days so that you get the most out of it and that includes getting plenty of relaxation too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS. Confused View Post
I think my husband will move into him place and work on our marraige from his own place, but when I see how happy my children are when he is around it just makes me cry. All I feel like doing when he is not around is cry. But when he is around, I do not feel like hugging him or kissing him. I just dont know why I feel the way I feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 02:11 PM

305 posts, read 373,239 times
artsyguy you are right people do have bigger problems and I should be happy that we are at least all healthy. Thanks for your insight. It is just my husband is all I have know my whole life. It's like we are somehow intertwined. I just am going to try to look on the bright side. I just hate knowing that I am causing the people I love pain. My husband says if I really did love him, I would not be doing this. He said you dont cause the people you love pain.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:14 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
So Ritalin is now working really well as an antidepressant. That is interesting.
Any adverse effects to Ritalin?
Well, for some it is. There have been some very good results!

Old 12-08-2008, 02:21 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Oh please. Your husband is guilt tripping you. The best relationships need some space in order for it to grow. Space is healthy. He needs to realize that now.

Don't you realize your husband is just aggravated or stressed out? Doesn't he have friends or other people to hang out with? Have you two gone on any dates??? Have you two tried to reestablish a friendship?

Is your husband seeing a counselor?

Quote:
artsyguy you are right people do have bigger problems and I should be happy that we are at least all healthy. Thanks for your insight. It is just my husband is all I have know my whole life. It's like we are somehow intertwined. I just am going to try to look on the bright side. I just hate knowing that I am causing the people I love pain. My husband says if I really did love him, I would not be doing this. He said you dont cause the people you love pain.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:32 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Prozac works for me. It is good for weight loss too!! Concerta is a little newer than Ritalin. I like to keep that around for energy. Of course I need my Vicodin and Relafen because I over do it. Then my Ambien at night.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:37 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
He is right in the sense that you should never deliberately and knowly cause the people you love to be in pain. But I don't believe that you are doing what you are doing to cause him pain as your only goal. You are not a mean person. I also think that you are in pain yourself, and that his pain is just a side effect of the whole situation. Plus to stop causing him pain, would put you in more emotional pain and distress... and it's natural for you to want your pain to stop first.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:40 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Prozac works for me. It is good for weight loss too!! Concerta is a little newer than Ritalin. I like to keep that around for energy. Of course I need my Vicodin and Relafen because I over do it. Then my Ambien at night.
Lord girl...you have more chemicals in your body than DuPont! Be careful with all that!

Ritalin and Concerta do the same thing for energy and ADD but when it comes to depression they hit different receptors is what my husband told me...Ritalin seems to get the depression piece...

Old 12-08-2008, 02:45 PM

305 posts, read 373,239 times
I am not doing this to intentionally cause him pain. Other people have told me though that he is playing a guilt trip on me. Yes we both are in counciling together.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:54 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Lord girl...you have more chemicals in your body than DuPont! Be careful with all that!

Ritalin and Concerta do the same thing for energy and ADD but when it comes to depression they hit different receptors is what my husband told me...Ritalin seems to get the depression piece...
LOL I Know!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:45 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Does the name Heath Ledger mean anything to you?

I hope you're joking 'cause all that is kind of scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships