Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:31 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,283,431 times

Advertisements

You are not over-reacting, and your GF used extremely poor judgement. You are really a stranger to this child, and who knows what this child will say and to whom. No matter that it was innocent, people today usually find this unacceptable. The pics should have already been deleted, and maybe you need to find out what else you disagree on before you take this relationship to the next step. If you plan on marrying, you really need to discuss the issue of children and what each of you finds acceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 03:49 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,958,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
You are not over-reacting, and your GF used extremely poor judgement. You are really a stranger to this child, and who knows what this child will say and to whom. No matter that it was innocent, people today usually find this unacceptable. The pics should have already been deleted, and maybe you need to find out what else you disagree on before you take this relationship to the next step. If you plan on marrying, you really need to discuss the issue of children and what each of you finds acceptable.
Girl, you didn't read all the posts. (I'm guilty of doing that too.) He's dumping her sorry *ss. She's history, toast, 86ed. He destroyed the camera with the memory card already too.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:30 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,409,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle toes View Post
girl, you didn't read all the posts. (i'm guilty of doing that too.) he's dumping her sorry *ss. She's history, toast, 86ed. He destroyed the camera with the memory card already too.
lol !!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 04:34 PM

3,490 posts, read 8,207,096 times
God it's so sad that something this innocent can be seen in such a sordid way. The only part that probably wasn't sensible was the picture taking - but physically destroying the camera and card instead of just deleting the pictures is weird.
The fact that one poster is scared to have pictures taken in bed with his own kids makes me very sad. . I do recognize that with the disgusting, crazy child molestors in the world, the children need to be protected whatever the cost, but it's a shame when an innocent man has to worry about how he will be seen when there would be no evidence of wrong doing. Sad, sad, sad.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:38 PM

712 posts, read 2,142,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
The difference is he'd have willingly chosen to go to the nude beach! And again decided whether he did or did not want to be photographed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post

Why don't you give us all your personal data and we'll come throw kids in your bed and photograph you and you can feel all safe and secure knowing we're not doing it to harm you in any way.

Throwing the kid in bed as a joke is one thing, combining that with photos, means she planned on showing people...whom??
Yah, your right people go to Europe all the time.. say let's go to the beach and spot on they don't wonder onto a "nude" beach

Choices were made.. this guy has this girl as his "girlfriend" he's completely responsible for what happens to him period. I unlike other don't believe in coincidences or accidents.. regardless of how much of the population does.

My reaction would be I wouldn't let you in the door.. you'd have to break-in.. are you suggesting now its okay to break in and enter?

There used to be a time in this country when taking pictures of kids was okay.. even if they were naked babies or god forbid in the bathtub. (in fact my parents have several photos of us 3-8 year olds in the tub naked)

The bottom line here is who's harmed?
The answer = no one

The kids aren't scared for life.. this is just another individual on this planet making a big deal out of nothing.. there is 0 differences between this and 1,000 other ways to make a big deal about nothing on this planet.. My school teacher touched my 6 year old inappropriately on the hand! My son burned the AMERICAN flag in front of everybody! Criminals on the streets we go to do something lets form a lynch mob we'll call it NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH.

Let's imagine the worst scenario here.. let's imagine this guy hadn't over-reacted and got you busy bee's who loving to COMPLAIN about nothing all riled up..

Let's say the guy hadn't broken his camera (this makes no logical sense) and let's say his pictures would have ended up online used for CHILD MOLESTERS.. who would have been hurt here?

THE ANSWER ='s NO ONE.

So if you want to get riled up about nothing which is a common HUMAN practice please continue I may disavow continuing conversation on this stupid subject which is mainly about stupidity..

Old 11-04-2008, 08:17 PM

378 posts, read 336,782 times
I think you are overreacting a little, although I understand your point. I understanding deleting the pictures, because no matter how innocent your girlfriend's actions may have been, the pictures can easily be misconstrued in the society we live in. As someone pointed out earlier, your girlfriend may just be naive, and this may have seem a cute photo-op to her, especially if you are discussing being in a commited relationship and have discussed having children. You guys have been dating for over six months: does she seem the type who would have taken the pictures for nefarious purposes?

Old 11-04-2008, 09:25 PM

37 posts, read 106,295 times
I don't think it's over-reacting, but it's not something i'd break up over. I'd just be very ticked off at her. Just explain to her what you explained here, so she knows and remembers it next time.

I'm a difficult guy to understand, so I always cut my gf some slack whenever she did something that she didn't really think about, or assumed i'd be fine with. Give her a chance, people learn from their mistakes.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:51 PM

223 posts, read 614,384 times
As a man, I don't think the OP overreacted at all! Everyone should keep in mind that he's only been seeing his girlfriend for 6 months and he just met her sister and niece. Way to soon (if ever) for pics like that to be taken.

OP - I wasn't sure about of you breaking up with your girl though because I think her intentions were good. But than again how could your girlfriend not understand where your coming? Is she acting like she has no clue why you're upset by what she did? If so, it's probably a red flag of someone who makes excuses and has a problem admitting their mistake. People like that will try to make you think up is down and right is wrong. It'll be a BIG headache for you in the future because you can never effectively communicate or resolve problems with a person like that. So maybe you're right to get out now...

Old 11-05-2008, 08:03 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,616,771 times
I don't think you are overreacting at all. I think the situation you were put in was very awkward and immature on the part of your girlfriend. If I were the mother of that child, I'd have a big issue with it. You should definitely bring it up to your g/f and explain that what she did was innappropriate. Do I think you should break up with her? I don't know, that might be a bit extreme but you are definitely right to be upset.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:10 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,044,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felidire View Post
I don't think it's over-reacting, but it's not something i'd break up over. I'd just be very ticked off at her.
ditto. Poor judgement on your girlfriend's part; whether she agrees with you or not, she should respect your feelings and never do anything like that again.

Having said that, the fact that you are willing to break up with her over this makes me think the relationship is not working for you, for other reasons. Most people in an overall good relationship would try to work it out first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships