U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-04-2008, 06:23 PM

25,170 posts, read 32,317,847 times
I disagree, gay men are beachy as all he**.....at least the circle of gays I have met are.........you are lucky to know such nice gay guys, good for you dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Most women LOOOOOVE gay men. They have all the great qualities of regular girlfriends but without the monthly bit*hyness that most women have.

Last edited by artsyguy; 11-04-2008 at 06:55 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 06:26 PM

Although I am gay, I completely agree with SierraAZ and see her point of view; however, the masculine gays can be real sleaze too, I've found they have the social etiquette of a rock or a caveman. So don't go singling out the effeminate ones, no matter how irritating they really can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't care about their sexual preference. It's their behavior I can't stand. I suppose my opinion is based only on those who play the feminine part - the high-pitched voices, mannerism, snobbish attitudes, stupid remarks, etc...

Old 11-04-2008, 06:31 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,405,706 times
Well, Sierra ...dont you know equally bitchy, equally dramatic and equally affected straight people? I sure do.

Yeah, some of the gays I know are a bit over the top..but usually there is a heart of gold beneath the drama and I give them a pass.

On the other hand, if they are bitchy toward women just because they see me as a rival then poof...they are out of my circle. I wouldnt stand for that from my straight friends, why would I stand for it from a gay one?

Old 11-04-2008, 06:32 PM

lol why would you be a rival to a gay man ??? Don't flatter yourself please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Well, Sierra ...dont you know equally bitchy, equally dramatic and equally affected straight people? I sure do.

Yeah, some of the gays I know are a bit over the top..but usually there is a heart of gold beneath the drama and I give them a pass.

On the other hand, if they are bitchy toward women just because they see me as a rival then poof...they are out of my circle. I wouldnt stand for that from my straight friends, why would I stand for it from a gay one?

Old 11-04-2008, 06:35 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,405,706 times
Rival in the sense of beauty, style or "popularity". In my industry, there are a lot of rivals. Drama all over the place.

I have known a few....very few..gay guys who totally dislike females. Just like I have known a bunch of straight guys who dislike females (but still use em).

I guess I just look for nice people as friends.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:39 PM

42,851 posts, read 51,298,605 times
Quote:
Well, Sierra ...dont you know equally bitchy, equally dramatic and equally affected straight people?
Sure I've seen female drama queens, but nothing even remotely similar...

Old 11-04-2008, 06:40 PM

^lol.....crazy gay men are in a league of their own.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:45 PM

Are you a lady?

I don't totally dislike females but I find them hard to connect with on most levels. I think it is because they often do not have a sense of humor or wit. I also find most women to be very callous and withholding of friendliness. I've also heard them say they aren't going to be "handholders" when nobody ever asked them to be........just be respectful, plain and simple.

Back when I was younger I used to idolize any ladies that were of talent and beauty...but I was always pushed away and learned never to interact with those types....

I'm a hottie myself and feel confident with who I am, that is why I don't participate in the rat races or popularity circles....

Quote:
Rival in the sense of beauty, style or "popularity". In my industry, there are a lot of rivals. Drama all over the place.

I have known a few....very few..gay guys who totally dislike females. Just like I have known a bunch of straight guys who dislike females (but still use em).

I guess I just look for nice people as friends.

Last edited by artsyguy; 11-04-2008 at 06:57 PM..

Old 11-04-2008, 07:16 PM

1,814 posts, read 1,865,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
I've found myself getting enamoured of gay men a lot. Not that I "like like" them, I just wonder, are they like surrogate girlfriends? Brothers?
I have always had gay friends, it is kind of like a magnet thing, if they are around...I find myself talking to them and end up being friends with them. I prefer Gay men, I have had a couple of lesbian friends, but they were way to butch for me. I think possibly I like the sensitive side of my gay friends.
To me, they make wonderful girlfriends, I can talk to them just like I do my female friends. The more swishy they are the better.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:18 PM

That is good to hear Sassy. I only wish I could connect with gay men as you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships