Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 01:04 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times

Advertisements

Dude, why the freak are you not having sex with any of those dates??? I'm totally confused by you. Aren't you a math genius? Use your supreme intelligence and see if any of your dates wants to fool around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I told SierraAZ lately that I have a bad habit of actually listening to people and weighing their advice.

This is NOT one of the usual threads here where someone has already made up their mind and then wants seeks approval.

I very likely will end up following your advice, perhaps I'm just venting my frustration.

It might be that I'm getting TONS of attention now. Gals flirting with me at stores, the gym, work....I'm getting good quality dates....I guess that may be why it's bugging me more. The proximity, the flirting etc. is probably what has me so agitated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 01:06 PM

ya I'm practically a celibate monk ...not getting any action or dates myself over here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, stuff it, Artsy, and do (or shall we say NOT do) whatever the hell you want! Some people may be religious and disgusted by your lifestyle.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
ya I'm practically a celibate monk ...not getting any action or dates myself over here....
Exactly! So, stuff it!

Old 11-06-2008, 01:11 PM

I need to run to the store and purchase some thanksgiving stuffing ...thanks for the reminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Exactly! So, stuff it!

Old 11-06-2008, 01:11 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
NSA sex isn't so hard to get, you just have to lower your standards. Once you do though, you'll probably wish you'd just spent the night with Rosey Palms.

In my experience, it's not worth it. Going through the whole date process just for a few lays with someone you don't like? Ug. Or even worse, getting in a relationship with them and "pretending" as long as you can. Do that, and it'll be enough to make you swear off dating. At least, that's the way it worked for me.

If you can get casual sex with someone you are attracted to and somewhat enjoy being around, go for it. Don't let the moral police make decisions for you.
Good post, I hear you.
Yeah, I'm now fit, don't look bad and my ride on a scale of 1 to 10 is an 11 or 12...so yeah I don't think I'd have trouble finding someone.

I have no possibilities for friends with benefits. I have couples-related friends and no one else around.

One honest concern I have is that if I'm too lonely it could show in my dating and screw things up there....but so far I think I've done ok on that front.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:12 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,071 times
Quote:
I'm being serious with you. I hate casual sex. It is the ultimate of greed and vanity imo (besides being a pervert). It is worse than seeing 400 pound people at an all you can eat buffet stuffing greasy food down their throats....
Please don't impose your standards on others lives...especially if you've been exploring your own sexual freedoms. Don't want to be a hypocrite now

Mathguy, go get 'em, Tiger!

Old 11-06-2008, 01:16 PM

I am NOT exploring my sexual freedoms. I have never had casual sexual intercourse ever......foreplay yes.....but I didn't go the entire way......therefore I see myself as a very good role model for our dear desperate buddy MathGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Please don't impose your standards on others lives...especially if you've been exploring your own sexual freedoms. Don't want to be a hypocrite now

Mathguy, go get 'em, Tiger!

Old 11-06-2008, 01:29 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,071 times
Quote:
I am NOT exploring my sexual freedoms. I have never had casual sexual intercourse ever......foreplay yes.....but I didn't go the entire way......therefore I see myself as a very good role model for our dear desperate buddy MathGuy
Being gay is considered exploring sexual freedoms for many people who are traditionally conservative. How presumptive of you to think that you should be Mathguy's role model, what gives you the right? How are your life standards any better than his life standards or better yet---how are you any different than the fire-and-brimstone biblethumpers tries to control anyone who doesn't fit into their "perfect life view"?

Old 11-06-2008, 01:31 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Being gay is considered exploring sexual freedoms for many people who are traditionally conservative. How presumptive of you to think that you should be Mathguy's role model, what gives you the right? How are your life standards any better than his life standards or better yet---how are you any different than the fire-and-brimstone biblethumpers tries to control anyone who doesn't fit into their "perfect life view"?
Hey Grl...I think Artsy is just trying to steer Mathguy in the right direction instead of watching him frustrate himself into something that isn't really him....Mathguy is torn because as he's said, casual sex isn't his style so I don't think artsy is intentionally being presumptous I just think he's trying to help as best as he knows how.

Old 11-06-2008, 01:34 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Do you all mean casual sex in terms of no strings attached??? If one is fine by that go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships