Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 02:35 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Now, it would be one thing if a person was a complete slob, let themselves go and then turned around and called an interested suitor who was a few pounds overweight a fat pig. As long as the person doing the rejecting is comfortable with and likes the way that their body looks they can be as picky as they want.
That's what we're talking about. Some guys can be completely out of shape and turn around and reject a woman who's just as out of shape as them. People can be as picky as they want, but at least admit you're a hypocrite if you're holding someone else up to a standard of beauty that you don't meet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 02:50 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Because it's blasphemous and unholy.......

Old 11-14-2008, 02:56 PM

197 posts, read 734,696 times
Default Online dating is a great screening technique

If you can read between the lines of what someone writes, and can treat the relationship with as much respect (and expectations) as a real life one, it can work. It did for my wife and I. I said 'did', as our marriage will end within the next two years (maybe sooner). Our marriage isn't breaking up because we don't love each other. One thing that I have learned from this is that ANY time you even 'think' you might be starting up a relationship, pay VERY CLOSE ATTENTION to what the other person says he or she does not like. If you can live with the dislikes of another person, go for it. Otherwise, you will be disappointed in trying to change the other person.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:38 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Absolutely. I see/hear that all the time - these guys that look like they have a basketball under their shirt, and they talk about how they are only interested in ladies that have stayed in shape. Huh? And these guys kill me. They think if they life a few weights, and get a couple of muscles in their arms, THAT somehow makes them "fit"? Ummm...no.

I bust my @ss at the gym, and I'm a runner. I do this for my health, but also I simply enjoy the workouts, and I enjoy being fit - I like the way clothes look on me, and I like wearing bikinis at the beach. I am not interested in sharing my life with someone that does not share that priority. Why do so many of guys think that women don't care about that?? I don't get it.
Not all women do. But, online, you'd probably mention that you like to be fit, that you're (overly) concerned about your body...possibly diet too. You might mention you like many outdoor activities--whereas I'm not into sports at all. I didn't get my body from a gym, or from the tip of a needle. I got my body through hard, physical labor.

When do I go out? Well, I usually wake up anywhere from noon to 2 p.m., eat about 6 p.m., go to work at 8 p.m., and then I'm working until almost 6 a.m. About the time most people are starting their work day, I'm fast asleep! So if I WAS single, had I NOT met someone online, I would be hard pressed to "meet" people.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:37 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Not all women do. But, online, you'd probably mention that you like to be fit, that you're (overly) concerned about your body...possibly diet too. You might mention you like many outdoor activities--whereas I'm not into sports at all. I didn't get my body from a gym, or from the tip of a needle. I got my body through hard, physical labor.

When do I go out? Well, I usually wake up anywhere from noon to 2 p.m., eat about 6 p.m., go to work at 8 p.m., and then I'm working until almost 6 a.m. About the time most people are starting their work day, I'm fast asleep! So if I WAS single, had I NOT met someone online, I would be hard pressed to "meet" people.
I have no idea what your point is here. You don't think running 13 miles is hard and physical? I'm here to tell you...it is. Quite frankly, it doesn't matter HOW you stay fit and healthy. What matters, is that you do.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:10 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post

haha, that's so funny. That's my schedule too!

Old 11-14-2008, 11:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
No it's not

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
haha, that's so funny. That's my schedule too!

Old 11-14-2008, 11:33 PM

Yeah, it is, haha. I almost always get up between noon and 2, and I go to bed between 4 and 6 a.m.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:35 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
don't believe you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Yeah, it is, haha. I almost always get up between noon and 2, and I go to bed between 4 and 6 a.m.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:57 PM

haha, uhh ok. I guess that's your right but it's true I've always been a night owl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships