Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 05:20 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times

Advertisements

He clearly thought your were BSing him. If he is 50 I doubt he is a stupid idiot and did know the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Oh hush, Artsy.

Do not even go there. What I did saved me MUCH trouble in the future. A 50-something guy that calls at crappy hours, willing to get down the pants of a 16 year old girl. . . glad I found out now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 05:21 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
1. Wedding band.
2. Herpes sores on lip.
3. An apologetic waiter informing him/her that the card has been declined.
4. Shows up drunk.
5. Shows up 20 minutes late.
6. Starts flirting with waiter.
7. Asks how much you make.
8. Answers mobile phone and screams, "I told you never to call me again!"
9. Mentions somewhere he/she needs to be somewhere else in two hours. On Saturday night. At 9 p.m.
10. Asks fifteen seconds into the date, "So. What's your position on abortion?"
Well that just about covers all kinds of dating, not online. I'm looking for red flags in their profile, or e-mail contact before meeting.

I agree with about seven of your red flags, others could have a good explanation behind them (heck, my credit card was declined because I hadn't used it in so long, the CC company figured it might have been stolen)

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
#1 red flag and deal breaker. lack of disclosure.

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
In the past I was chronically late to classes where I hated the professors and classmates. So I guess the feeling is mutual huh?
See, it's a sign of contempt for others. And an indication that you can't get your act together. Neither is a good harbinger for a successful relationship.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:24 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Quote:
He clearly thought your were BSing him. If he is 50 I doubt he is a stupid idiot and did know the difference.
Not exactly so. I have had men call me initially and when I have answered they have said, "Hi, can I talk to your Mom?" Trust me, many men cannot tell I am a full grown women via voice until I put some brain-punch behind it.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frootloop6 View Post
Well that just about covers all kinds of dating, not online. I'm looking for red flags in their profile, or e-mail contact before meeting.

I agree with about seven of your red flags, others could have a good explanation behind them (heck, my credit card was declined because I hadn't used it in so long, the CC company figured it might have been stolen)
Oh, well I have no idea about the online dating world. But if a card has been declined, it's a pretty good bet because the holder didn't pay his/her bill. Sure there are other circumstances, but those are a lot rarer.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:25 PM

Ya what is your point? Don't you have contempt for certain people too?

Also when I'm late to dates I call or text message that I am running late usually before the date begins.

Quote:
See, it's a sign of contempt for others. And an indication that you can't get your act together. Neither is a good harbinger for a successful relationship.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:26 PM

So are you trying to trap this guy as a pervert or did you just hate him for calling so early? I mean come on...it sounds like you are out to trap men and find faults vs. become connected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Not exactly so. I have had men call me initially and when I have answered they have said, "Hi, can I talk to your Mom?" Trust me, many men cannot tell I am a full grown women via voice until I put some brain-punch behind it.

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Quote:
Mobile phones are universal.

Time is the most important thing in the universe. It is the stuff life is made of. Show me somebody who shows up 20 minutes late without calling, and I'll show you somebody who has zero regard for other people. Habitually late people just have no idea how much the rest of the world hates them. Trust me. There's absolutely nothing endearing about it.
I agree.

Quote:
Ya what is your point? Don't you have contempt for certain people too?

Also when I'm late to dates I call or text message that I am running late usually before the date begins.
Well, I have contempt for people who earn it. But given that you're actually trying to impress a date, it would be a particularly bad idea.

But you seem to entirely miss the point. If you cannot get it together to actually show up on time, or within 5-10 minutes of when you're supposed to be there, then it really communicates a lot of negative things about you. Even if you call or text, you're still making your date cool their heels somewhere waiting on you.

Of course, you spend a lot of time on this board talking about how you can't establish a relationship, yet you're evidently making a habit of being late for dates. Are you making a connection here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships