Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 06:44 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times

Advertisements

Well I'm still curious what the common woman considers "stalking" to be because one of my female friends is like that...and I just don't get her....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Everyone has issues to you, Artsy. Some have yet to point out yours for the sake of sparing your feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 06:44 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
He was wondering why you were ignoring him and was expecting an explanation. Silence is not universal for "take a hike" it can mean three or four different things......FYI.
He can buck up and deal. I owe him no explanation. If I was exclusive with him, I would. He couldn't take the cold shoulder last time I saw him in person, tough luck. 3 or 4 reasons only exist in the mind of the obsessive-compulsive, desperate, and needy. A man with common sense backs off and could not care less - adheres to that universal code of silence.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:46 PM

Cold shoulder is rude on your part imo because you didn't respect his feelings or dignity. You think the world revolves around you and forget that "the cold shoulder" is punishment and causes normal people emotional pain and distress and confusion. http://www.psych.purdue.edu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=325&Item id=82 (broken link)

Quote:
He can buck up and deal. I owe him no explanation. If I was exclusive with him, I would. He couldn't take the cold shoulder last time I saw him in person, tough luck. 3 or 4 reasons only exist in the mind of the obsessive-compulsive, desperate, and needy. A man with common sense backs off and could not care less - adheres to that universal code of silence.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:46 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,349 times
Quote:
Take accountability. Tell him to stop calling or use better judgment when you give out your number. Please stop blaming others.
Let me make sure that we are clear.

When it comes to phone, it is illegal for the phone company to tape conversations for the ordinary everyday citizen. You have to go down to the police station and get a case number. You then call the phone company and ask for their harrasment division. They monitor the phone while you log the time of the calls for two weeks.

If you are dealing with someone who is abusive you had better have that little cycle of abuse down pat. So, my thinking is that you don't know jack about stalking or stalking laws. But you didn't know jack about the Pitonyak case. So, I'm not holding my breath.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:50 PM

I did know about the Pitonyak case, I posted a link on it. I am against love triangles even if sex is not involved....I believe envy and other emotions were involved in their situation.

What is your point about telephone harassment. Just tell the person to stop and to buzz off or you will make a report to the police......or what not....It's that easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Let me make sure that we are clear.

When it comes to phone, it is illegal for the phone company to tape conversations for the ordinary everyday citizen. You have to go down to the police station and get a case number. You then call the phone company and ask for their harrasment division. They monitor the phone while you log the time of the calls for two weeks.

If you are dealing with someone who is abusive you had better have that little cycle of abuse down pat. So, my thinking is that you don't know jack about stalking or stalking laws. But you didn't know jack about the Pitonyak case. So, I'm not holding my breath.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Well I'm still curious what the common woman considers "stalking" to be because one of my female friends is like that...and I just don't get her....lol
You are a guy, you will never fully understand women. I would never want to be a man just for that reason alone.

Whoops, he called again just now. Prime example of a desperate man on a Saturday night who must have had another date that cancel on him and he is looking for an immediate backup.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Cold shoulder is rude on your part imo because you didn't respect his feelings or dignity. You think the world revolves around you and forget that "the cold shoulder" is punishment and causes normal people emotional pain and distress and confusion. Cold shoulder, silent treatment do more harm than good - Psychology at Purdue (http://www.psych.purdue.edu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=325&Item id=82 - broken link)
IF a man feels punished, distressed and has emotional pain after 4 NON-serious dates with one that went REALLY bad. . . that is certainly one guy to avoid.

My heart just bleeds. Not.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:54 PM

Send him a text message or a call and say you are no longer interested, are seeing a man, and wish him luck on his quest. Watch the calls end.

Before I assume people are psychopathic stalkers, I assume they are lonely and need attention.

Quote:
You are a guy, you will never fully understand women. I would never want to be a man just for that reason alone.

Whoops, he called again just now. Prime example of a desperate man on a Saturday night who must have had another date that cancel on him and he is looking for an immediate backup.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Send him a text message or a call and say you are no longer interested, are seeing a man, and wish him luck on his quest. Watch the calls end.

Before I assume people are psychopathic stalkers, I assume they are lonely and need attention.
What makes you believe, as FORTHRIGHT as I am, that I did NOT tell him on our last date that the chemistry is flat-lined and a no-go?

Hm?

He can deal with the universal silence now. I will not exert further energies into someone who just doesn't get it. These sort of men, just have to tire themselves out.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:57 PM

If you did...he wasn't listening haha...maybe he thinks you are playing hard to get....you know how stupid men can be....

When I first came out of the closet and went to a gay group meeting. An extremely unattractive plus sized black man that looked like fat albert, who was very friendly and charming, he got my number...I met him again at the meeting and then me and the group went out for snacks at a coffee house after the meeting....he turned out to be irritating and self absorbed, he was also trying to play me and another guy there....I couldn't believe it...I was revolted...after that he continued to call me non-stop and leave messages on and off for about 6 weeks ROTFL....when I did pick up the phone, only once, he just talked non-stop about himself and how he made out with some guy...and I was like ugh I'm about to gag....anyways I just ignored him because he was irritating and selfish...but I was never scared that he was a stalker.

Quote:
What makes you believe, as FORTHRIGHT as I am, that I did NOT tell him on our last date that the chemistry is flat-lined and a no-go?

Hm?

He can deal with the universal silence now. I will not exert further energies into someone who just doesn't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships