Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 10:33 AM

37,407 posts, read 45,595,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This thread is dedicated to all the liars, cheats, scum and married guys chasing women etc. that inhabit on-line dating and make life so difficult not just for the women but for the men.

Me personally, *I love*, (yeah that broke your sarcasm meter) the fact that a widower that would never hurt a woman, coming off a good 13 year marriage, raising 2 kids, having a nice home and extremely healthy income...gets to show up to meet dates that are fearful for their safety, that he is really married or a general pervert. Yeah, there is some REAL romance going on in those situations....sweet jesus they look ready to bolt from moment one. What the heck is wrong with people?

I swear I'd help beat the crap out of the guy if it would help to remove any of the scar tissue my dates seem to come draped in anymore.

Ugh, just about ready to remove my profile.
Geez Mathguy. Are you REALLY having this much trouble? I don't get it. I've met so many nice guys online, had many nice dates. Yes there were some losers and folks that misrepresented themselves, but I dropkick those quickly, and never look back. But I sure don't have any "scar tissue".... Are you sure you don't have something in your profile that is attracting such types?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 10:36 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,908,270 times
Well, he sounds quite upset and is yet to tell us why exactly... Generally what he's saying is probably correct.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:29 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,794,118 times
Maybe he doesn't live in the area you live in...Maybe he has higher standards than you......Maybe he's met ladies that are sociopaths...you get the idea Mrs. Happy Helper Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Geez Mathguy. Are you REALLY having this much trouble? I don't get it. I've met so many nice guys online, had many nice dates. Yes there were some losers and folks that misrepresented themselves, but I dropkick those quickly, and never look back. But I sure don't have any "scar tissue".... Are you sure you don't have something in your profile that is attracting such types?

Old 11-09-2008, 06:34 PM

28,839 posts, read 30,065,940 times
Mathguy
don't give up....I did...met nothing but players and lyers...so, I gave up...don't do it...keep on, keepin on...

I've now become so comfortable being alone, that I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I remember when I first started dating and doing the online thing...my girlfriend told me, she feared if I didn't meet someone decent, I'd become to comfortable with my independence and never meet someone...but in my case, honestly, I really don't believe I want anyone in my life...I'm way to happy now?

but don't give up...take the good with the bad and keep on trying...

Hugs
Creme

Old 11-09-2008, 06:36 PM

^ second that

Old 11-09-2008, 06:43 PM

37,407 posts, read 45,595,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Maybe he doesn't live in the area you live in...Maybe he has higher standards than you......Maybe he's met ladies that are sociopaths...you get the idea Mrs. Happy Helper Pants
Well excuuuuuuuse me!!

Old 11-09-2008, 07:15 PM

lol good come back

Quote:
Well excuuuuuuuse me!!

Old 11-09-2008, 07:29 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,859,471 times
Maybe just not the right one yet Mathguy?

When the right lady shows up for her date with you, it's not going to matter if she dated Attila the Hun and all his mates before she got to you, she'll be able to discern that you are not another dropkick.

Sounds like the ladies you've dated so far aren't able to put the past behind them and move forward treating you as a clean slate. That's more their issue than yours.

I know it can get frustrating out there but soon enough the "right" connection will come along and there you'll be. Try not to lose heart in the meantime.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:29 PM

77,676 posts, read 59,823,491 times
Quote:
I basically just had back to back dates with women that SHOULD NOT be dating. (One just got out of an abusive relationship.) Suffice to say that they seemed more than a little apprehensive being there...and I will not be taking them out a second time. (What a time waster ).

So, I changed my profile to say that if you are afraid of dating...go elsewhere. (in a nice way).

No, I'm not having that much trouble. I probably got (not exaggerating) 10 new women contacting me this weekend of which 2-3 are decent. I am currently at least at a dating phase with 2 pretty stellar gals but due to circumstances won't be seeing them for about 2-3 weeks which is frustrating.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:31 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,328,634 times
Mathguy, I'll be happy to give you the addresses of the guys who scarred me so you can beat the crap out of them

Seriously though, a lot of women in my (our) age group have been treated like garbage, over and over and over and it's hard to go out on a first date, with someone you've never met, and not be a bit cautious.

I don't go out and immediately bring up all the past issues I had with my exes, but the past few guys I've dated have brought it up first. They want to figure out "what's wrong with me" that I haven't been married yet. Like being divorced a bunch of times would be better? I try to gloss over the breakups by saying things like "it just didn't work out" or "we wanted different things" not telling the guy that the "different things" were that I wanted a happy life together, and he wanted to go out and **** someone else.

From the posts I've read, you sound like a really great guy and I hope you find someone who appreciates all that you have to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships