Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 11:54 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times

Advertisements

Now that reeks of being afraid what the mean voters might say about you It's ok, I understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 11:57 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Now that reeks of being afraid what the mean voters might say about you It's ok, I understand.
Just telling the truth. Lots of (superficial) people out there don't like big dudes, even if we are physically fit..........

Believe it or not though, I really do get unsolicited compliments from women.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:59 AM

Well that's more than I can say, girls usually don't hit on guys much. I've had girls at bars hit on me before after a few drinks, that's always kind of interesting, I don't expect it from girls. They expect it from us.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:59 AM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,745,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I know I am hot so I don't need to go on hot or not.

People who talk like you are usually so-so in a scale of 1 to 10.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Well that's more than I can say, girls usually don't hit on guys much. I've had girls at bars hit on me before after a few drinks, that's always kind of interesting, I don't expect it from girls. They expect it from us.
I dunno if it's being hit on or just complimented. At work women always compliment me on my clothes, etc..........a few times I have been stared at and told how handsome I was. I was so unnerved I left the room.......

Old 11-14-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECG1951 View Post
People who talk like you are usually so-so in a scale of 1 to 10.
haha, pretty much. I was nervous the first time I posted a picture on HotOrNot, because you're always wondering where you really stand, but overall to me it was more of a confidence booster than I thought it might be.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:07 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,147,153 times
Ok. I am going out on a limb here and post my experiences. When I was younger I was always told I was very beautiful, but I was very shy and didn't talk much. So in high school I didn't get asked out a lot, until my husband asked me out (He had B@@llS) So, in college now my confidence was up and I talked to more people, but really, because of my attractiveness, whenever I was friendly to a man, he would think "Alright....door WIDE open...flirting time" even though they knew I was married!! So it was constant hit ons even by professors One professor, gave me a B- on one of my courses, so I set up an appointment to talk with him about my grade. When I walked in the door, he stared at me and he said, I made a mistake, you get an A!!! I am not kidding! So through the years, I have learned to make as little eye contact with men, lest they start hitting on me. I am NOT being paranoid and I see this starting to happen with my 17 year old daughter who looks just like me! She is starting to notice that just because she is nice and friendly all the guys think she is available (she's got a boyfriend) and it's constant hitting time!! Alas, she is learning by herself how to act around men.
I tell you a story, when I was about 25 years old, and fresh out of college, I interviewed for a job. The first interview, woman interviewer. Second interview, young guy and the same woman. It was between me and another candidate. Guess who got the job?? When this young guy came in, he took one look at me, and I could see that he could hardly contain his joy! He hired me on the spot. He and I worked closely for the next three months, after which I quit, because he was becoming possessive even though, again, he KNEW I was married. Now, it happens to me with younger guys. I am 38 now, and I don't think I look like when I was 25, but it still happens. I am just telling my experiences, thank goodness I developed a personality, and a great sense of humor, or else I would have become a very shallow, beautiful girl growing up. Plus I am smart too
So, yeah..I tend not to talk to many men, or be friendly..lest they get the wrong idea.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:17 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
What are you talking about? "pretty much".

I look hot. I keep in shape, I'm trendy, I try not to overeat, I stay out of the sun, bleach my teeth, have clear skin, a slight tan, about 6 feet tall, full dark hair, nice bulge, and fine features....a lot of people think I'm a freshmen in college or still in HS. lol.
So why the heck would I go on HotorNot. You should know if you look good or not and not rely on some stupid website.

If you have flaws you can always fix them. I've done that over the years because like Jonathan I was a nerd in HS and I've improved a lot ever since.
I hope I'm a great role model to all the ugly nerds out there

Quote:
haha, pretty much. I was nervous the first time I posted a picture on HotOrNot, because you're always wondering where you really stand, but overall to me it was more of a confidence booster than I thought it might be.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:21 PM

HAHA, you're great Artsy. I'm just giving you a tough time. I know what you mean, flaws are fixable for the most part, some are easier than others, but with enough effort almost anyone can be at least somewhat good looking. Most people don't try that hard. It sure is easier to complain about other people being superficial, the world being unfair, and to spend your days bitching and moaning than it is to actually do anything about it. And it's a LOT easier to put up a shield about how you're unique and you're happy with how you look and blah blah etc. than to bother actually trying to look good. Ah, reminds me of one of my favorite sayings -- "Hard work often pays off after time. But laziness always pays off now."

Old 11-14-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
What are you talking about? "pretty much".

I look hot. I keep in shape, I'm trendy, I try not to overeat, I stay out of the sun, bleach my teeth, have clear skin, a slight tan, about 6 feet tall, full dark hair, nice bulge, and fine features....a lot of people think I'm a freshmen in college or still in HS. lol.
So why the heck would I go on HotorNot. You should know if you look good or not and not rely on some stupid website.

If you have flaws you can always fix them. I've done that over the years because like Jonathan I was a nerd in HS and I've improved a lot ever since.
I hope I'm a great role model to all the ugly nerds out there
I'm sure you are, Arts. I'm sure you are............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships