Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 07:20 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times

Advertisements

Ok, let me say I am just giving my perspective. That's all. What I say is not written in stone nor is anyone eles perspective.

It's just MY perspective. It does not make it right or worng. Different eyes see different things. No harm intended.

Thanks for your reply.

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
You are making quite a few assumptions here. When religion is involved, not having sex isn't a 'crutch' at all. Since my religion is the most important thing in my life, that means there are things much more important than physical pleasures. For many people this is a moral decision, not simply a lack of maturity. I could actually argue the opposite case: if your morals lead you to lean against celibacy, a lack of maturity and self control can easily bring you to give up your morals for what is more fun.

And before anyone attacks this viewpoint, I am not one to judge. This is how I feel and how I want to live. I don't care what other people do, you don't judge my decisions and I won't judge yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 07:25 AM

943 posts, read 3,333,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
You are making quite a few assumptions here. When religion is involved, not having sex isn't a 'crutch' at all. Since my religion is the most important thing in my life, that means there are things much more important than physical pleasures. For many people this is a moral decision, not simply a lack of maturity. I could actually argue the opposite case: if your morals lead you to lean against celibacy, a lack of maturity and self control can easily bring you to give up your morals for what is more fun.

And before anyone attacks this viewpoint, I am not one to judge. This is how I feel and how I want to live. I don't care what other people do, you don't judge my decisions and I won't judge yours.
Thank you! And I completely agree with the bolded, not to sound crass but I'm way more interested in mentally stimulating someone than physically..but alas, alot of men just don't get it.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:39 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Definitely yes.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:18 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
This is the same problem with the 'Training' thread.

How is it that each partner is to go about becoming trained?

I person focusing on celibacy, fine, I can respect that. If that is a facet of your personality.

However you don't just change your personality.

There is no guarantee that suddenly after marriage that person will now become a sexually active person.

Maybe for a few months, because that is what they are supposed to be doing, they can put on the act. But sooner or later, the truth will come out. Sex will be a topic which they can simply turn away from and not desire.

So they may well never become 'good' at sex. They will likely never grow to desire sex. It will always be an issue where you are fumbling around with each other, because you only do 'it' annually.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:20 PM

188 posts, read 474,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
If you met the woman that was everything you ever wanted and more, but she was celibate (just waiting til marriage), would that be a deal breaker for you? And please be honest
If she was everything I ever wanted and more, I wouldn't have to wait. What I want is a very affectionate woman who enjoys an intimate relationship, and who is monogamous. Of course that is not all I want, but in keeping with the limited criteria of your question, that is my answer.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:21 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,737,720 times
Quote:
Who said anything about being a virgin? And even then I'd be able to show him around.
I find it odd that someone who is not a virgin would wait until the wedding night.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
I find it odd that someone who is not a virgin would wait until the wedding night.
And why is that? So I'm obligated to sleep with someone because I'm not a virgin

Old 11-13-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Having dated guys who were simply AWFUL in bed, yes it would be a dealbreaker for me (and yes, I tried to educate them on what I wanted - they didn't care about me, only about themselves in that arena)
IMO best response on this post - too true! It can wreck a marriage, whether it be the wife or the husband. It's very idealistic and naive to think that this area isn't important in a marriage.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
And why is that? So I'm obligated to sleep with someone because I'm not a virgin
Obligated? Who said that? I wasn't talking about you. Don't know many non-virgins who wait.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:03 PM

That's what you insinuated and I used myself as an example because I am celibate. Anyway, why do you find it odd? Because it's not done by many?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships