Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 05:05 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I think you meant to direct that to the OP. I am not the OP, but I do understand what you're saying as it would pertain to the OP.
oppsie...

sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 05:09 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texgrl View Post
Yes, your right. I did say those words.....have you ever been married? no one in marriage is perfect by any means, its just not possible. Its a give and take. Let me assure you that I am not one of those women who allows their husbands to tell them what to do in fact, its the other way around. Is he insecure yes, does he question me when I go out shopping or to class or somewhere with the kids? never...why? because he knows I wouldnt tolerate it. Is he giving, affectionate, attentive, a good provider and supportive of my goals? absolutely 100%....here is my point, if he is insecure in ways I dont want him to be because when you are married you dont want your spouse to feel those feelings. No partner is going to be perfect, without flaws. He doesnt drink, cheat or be abusive. Sounds pretty good to me. Actually, these posts have shown me that I need to involve him in the friendship so he feels secure about it. Thats what spouses do, put each other first. And no...Im not a newlywed....9 nine years now married. Look, I appreciate your advice (I did ask for it) and I think you make some great points and your posts are straight forward and blunt which is what Im like BUT regardless of what you will admit somewhere down the line you have had a poor male relationship in your life that gave you somewhat of a negative take on men....maybe it was dear old dad, maybe it was an ex boyfriend I dont know....the answer cannot always be to run away, sometimes if the situation is right its worth it to stay and do the work.
yanno, it sounds like you have a pretty darn good man....but remember if you can, your dealing with two seperate individuals...you and him...two personalities, so, you both cannot think and feel alike, there are going to be differences in opinions and how he feels....and I agree, you run away, you run away all your life, takes a lot more courage to stay and fight...

Creme

Old 11-15-2008, 10:13 AM

609 posts, read 1,174,112 times
for every story of the innocent "hes jsut my friend and my guys jealous for no reason", theres 10 more of the best friend whos jealous and tried ot break up the relaitonship or sleep with the women
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships