Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:56 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times

Advertisements

You mean you didn't learn the lesson the first time around???

Old 11-14-2008, 12:52 PM

49 posts, read 110,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Look at your screen name. You're crazy. And you're tragic. You obviously have enough self-knowledge to understand your own self-destructiveness. Then why don't you do something about it? I mean, how easy can it be to not return the guy's phone calls.

After all, if a married man divorces his wife and then marries his mistress, all he's doing is creating a job opening.
My screen name has nothing to do with my current situation and maybe I'm with him because of the excitement.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:57 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy tragic View Post
I posted a while back about contacting an ex lover who I found again on face book. we broke up because the guilt was killing him as he was married with children, but I found out from his face book page he was now divorced. well I didn't bother contacting him, but now I find myself involved with another married man. it's only been two weeks but I find my asking why? why am i always attracted to men I can never have totally.
Believe me, there are reasons why you do this - your job is to get into therapy and figure out why you don't love yourself enough to believe you deserve a man of your own.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:02 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
My screen name has nothing to do with my current situation and maybe I'm with him because of the excitement.
Oh, your handle is revealing enough. Anyway, if excitement's all you want in life, then why not go whole hog and basejump, speedball heroin, or drive 130 mph on the freeway? At least that way you only destroy your own life, rather than help a man betray his wife and family.

More to the point, why are you whining about your relationship and its manifest stupidity in the first post on this thread, and now defending it?

Think about this for a minute. You are hanging out with a man who lies to his wife.

You are doing the humpalumpadingdong with a guy who, every time he takes you to dinner or buys you an expensive bauble, is basically either embezzling from his company or is taking food away from his children.

You are banging this guy while his poor, unsuspecting wife thinks he's picking up the drycleaning or entertaining a client.

And, yet, you're okay with this because it gives you a cheap thrill. And by cheap, I do mean cheap. Don't you respect yourself more than that?

Old 11-14-2008, 01:25 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Oh, your handle is revealing enough. Anyway, if excitement's all you want in life, then why not go whole hog and basejump, speedball heroin, or drive 130 mph on the freeway? At least that way you only destroy your own life, rather than help a man betray his wife and family.

More to the point, why are you whining about your relationship and its manifest stupidity in the first post on this thread, and now defending it?

Think about this for a minute. You are hanging out with a man who lies to his wife.

You are doing the humpalumpadingdong with a guy who, every time he takes you to dinner or buys you an expensive bauble, is basically either embezzling from his company or is taking food away from his children.

You are banging this guy while his poor, unsuspecting wife thinks he's picking up the drycleaning or entertaining a client.

And, yet, you're okay with this because it gives you a cheap thrill. And by cheap, I do mean cheap. Don't you respect yourself more than that?
Yep. Her problem is no self-love and no self-respect. It's sad huh?

Old 11-14-2008, 01:31 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yep. Her problem is no self-love and no self-respect. It's sad huh?
Yeah. Essentially she's destroying her own life, that of the slob's poor wife, and those of his children. All because of the 'excitement' of it all. She doesn't seem to get it.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:33 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,173 times
Quote:
I posted a while back about contacting an ex lover who I found again on face book. we broke up because the guilt was killing him as he was married with children, but I found out from his face book page he was now divorced. well I didn't bother contacting him, but now I find myself involved with another married man. it's only been two weeks but I find my asking why? why am i always attracted to men I can never have totally.
Sounds like you want something you can't have and it is the thrill of the hunt that you love, not the permanent catch.

I was hanging out with a married dude the same time i was hanging out with a single guy.
Married guy kept saying "you could be like my second wife" and i saw that as "concubine? no thanks let's just ****". He really didn't mean it, he liked his family but him and the wife were having issues. As soon as they got along better, he broke it off with me and that was allright cos I was ready for a serious relationship and not just funtime. I later met her, very pretty lady.
Single guy wanted to really date but i wasn't that into him, he went and found some girl to love him.

We ended both agreeable and it was ok.

Don't listen to some of these women who live in fear that their husband will cheat on them so they are quick to blame the woman. MYSOGINSTS! They must not trust their husbands to make the right decision. It's not the woman's fault your husband can't keep his dick in his pants.

I know if my husband cheated that i would solely blame him. The other woman is irrelevant because she is not IN MY MARRIAGE.

It is not another woman's responsibility to make sure MY marriage goes smoothly and that my husband stays faithful. He has a brain and would be expected to say no thanks if propositioned. Anything less would result in him losing everything.

He would be the one cheating on me, not her.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:36 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times
I have a work colleague right now that is getting involved with a married man. I made the right call on not getting involved with her when I had the chance as I could see the warning signs then. The fact she is mixing with a married guy validated my suspicions.

All that can happen in these situations is tragedy and heartbreak. Anyone that does things like this needs help from professionals.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:39 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I think it is not to bad if you do not let your heart get involved.
Easy to say, not realistic though in real life. Someones heart is always involved. If it isn't the two cheaters it's the innocent SO or children.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:40 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,452,784 times
Oh by the way, I DO hope you are testing for STD's before you start screwing around with someone's husband. Its one thing for him to cheat, its another thing to risk his wife contracting something she isnt expecting.

The whole thing just stinks to high heaven. You should be ashamed of your behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships