Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 08:28 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times

Advertisements

Lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
beer number one being thrown back

Old 11-15-2008, 08:30 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Lol....
Don't you want to join me...nothing better than drunk posting...especially when an innocent question goes to hell

Old 11-15-2008, 08:52 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,349 times
Awww.

When I first started posting, there were rightwinger and liberal threads galore. Little discussion and mostly one-liners I thought that after the election most people would be able to find other topics.

I get so angry at the level of repeated ignorance. I think go ahead and let them spew and get it all out. At some point, something is going to happen or someone is going to point out that kids have no respect for others or that they have a level of hatred and that its the fault of parents.
It makes it much easier to say, "Yeah, kind of like yours."

what goes on behind someone's bedroom doors is no one's business. Providing its between consenting (human) adults.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:52 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbear View Post
Selling out basic human rights to a ballot initiative as decided by the states is perhaps the most ignorant thing we've done as a country. Imagine if a proposition demanding equal pay for women showed up as a ballot initiative- people would be outraged that it was even there! (even though us feminazis still make 70 cents on the dollar...maybe a ballot initiative would help)

I support gay rights and I think that if they still don't get basic partner rights, then gays have all the right in the world to protest, flaunt, and generally get pissed off. If you couldn't be at the bedside of your dying partner of 25 years, you'd be a bit pissed off too. I think the idiocy is all of this hinging on the word "marriage." Let the government dish out civil unions for tax purposes to everyone, and let the church handle labeling someone "married." But this really all comes down to the subject of one of my favorite quotes:

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist; And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist; And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew; And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up." -Niemöller

Saying you're tired of hearing about gays is like saying you're tired of listening to the n*ggers whine about civil rights. It's seperate and equal, so why are they complaining?

"Why do we have to recycle the old conflicts so many times: first we fight about slavery, then segregation, then gender, and now sexual orientation, while gender identity is in the wings waiting? Why can't people look at the phrase 'liberty and justice for all' and simply accept that 'all' means 'all.' " - Anon
Such an excellent post.

And to answer the original question of the thread, I suspect it is simply that "ignorance breeds contempt".

Old 11-15-2008, 09:31 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I agree. No one ever hears about the "straight" lifestyle but we sure hear about the "gay" lifestyle. I don't get it.
That's because no one derisively calls it a "straight lifestyle" because they don't have any reason to demean, which is all that is. But heterosexualty is everywhere.
It permeates our daily lives so much that we don't even notice it anymore.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:39 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
gay post fever, CDF if being used to promote. if they would stop the violence they would get a lot more support.
Once it gets violent, any cause out there, they lose my support. This goes for all protests, no matter what they are protesting.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:51 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Once it gets violent, any cause out there, they lose my support. This goes for all protests, no matter what they are protesting.
"they", huh?

You castigate an entire group of people based on the actions of a few? Why?

Old 11-15-2008, 09:51 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
What I see out there is the gay lifestyle or being gay or coming out of the closet is a fad. It's the cool in thing to do. At least it is with some. Even on this forum, across city data, whether one is talking about electricity prices or who's cooking what for Thanksgiving, certain gay people have to let us know every other thread that they are gay. You know guys we really don't need to know your sexual orientation when topics are being discussed that have nothing to do with how you have sex.

I don't support gay marriage and never will. It goes against my religion, 6000 years of history and if you don't believe in any of that, god/nature did not make a provision for homosexual relationships. The two parts don't go together obviously. Also if everyone was gay, we'd off our civilization and may be already heading for that.

My sister lives across the street from a gay couple. My dad works for a gay guy. One of my best friends son is gay. I don't hate any of them. What they choose to do they have to live with.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:53 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
"they", huh?

You castigate an entire group of people based on the actions of a few? Why?
Yep. I learned from the American people. Just like those damn redneck, gay hating, white trashy, bible-thumping racist Republicans, they are all alike ya know.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:54 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Beer number 9 being thrown back...

I am beginning to regret starting this thread...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships