Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 08:51 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times

Advertisements

Bad breath.
Underarm odor.
Unmanicured & dirty finger nails.
Clothes that smell like they're 100 years old.
Dandruff.
Questionnable table manners (burping and eating without actually chewing the food).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 09:01 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
1. Be yourself. We know when you are acting.2. Negativity. Say only nice things about people and things. 3. Be interested in things HE is telling you.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:43 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,912,220 times
Besides Hygiene...?Not asking to go back to her place after she pays the dinner tab....is such a turn off !!

Old 11-17-2008, 09:47 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times
1. Smoking
2. Lack of basic etiquette
3. Too feminist (I like independence, but a chip on the shoulder is so unattractive).

Old 11-17-2008, 09:55 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Just something I find funny as men are making thier dollie perfect requests...

I was dollie perfect and found the sleaze-balls

Looking like a pig because of working and school, no make-up/beautyfuss, sweaty, nasty espresso nails,digusting clothing and I am sure nasty espresso and cheap food breath...I found the best mate ever. A total pain in the tookas sometimes but he is the "thick and thin" guy that I imagined meeting when I was a little girl.
Now if he only made more money....lol
Or if I didnt that would be nice too....

Old 11-17-2008, 10:01 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
1. A continuous string of drama in her life. And, get this, it's NEVER HER FAULT.

2. An attitude of "You need to really impress me, Buster." At the very least, a date should be cordial. But there was never anything worse that dealing with the walking wounded, who were going to punish you for ever SOB that ever hurt them in life. If you're going to be that way about it, then don't date at all.

3. No sense of humor.

4. No consideration for others. Yeah, I know that we're only supposed to list three.

I never minded women who talked non-stop on the first date. After all, they were probably nervous. What's more, they always revealed a lot about themselves, so it had their uses. Now if they never showed the least bit of curiosity about me, then that was a gigantic red flag.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:04 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
1. Be yourself. We know when you are acting.2. Negativity. Say only nice things about people and things. 3. Be interested in things HE is telling you.
haha, that's funny, I'm kind of the opposite on #2. I do my share of complaining and ranting, I love a girl who is like me on that, kind of a cynical girl. I know this girl who went to the same college as me, I used to have the greatest conversations with her online because she would have all of the same complaints about things and the way she just said what she thought was awesome to me. Not one of those shy girls who says "I don't know" about everything and acts constantly sweet. Nah, this girl was good looking but feisty, just as I like 'em. I think there was some TV show where they make this joke but god knows I've watched so many TV shows lately on DVD I couldn't tell you what it was. I don't even remember if the guy or girl says it, but he/she says something like, "We have so much in common, I mean we hate all of the same things!" Haha, that's totally me. It's not that hard to find a girl who likes nice restaurants or long walks on the beach or candlelight dinners or whatever else. I like a girl who hates the same things I hate, like Fergie, stupid people, people who don't turn signal properly, people who talk loudly on cell phones in public places, etc. That's a turn-on

Old 11-17-2008, 10:08 AM

6,822 posts, read 14,034,515 times
For me it's

1.Texting or taking cell phone calls while out on a date. This is a complete turnoff unless it's your kids calling or and emergency. I see to many women who are married to their cell phone.

2. Showing to many of her gaudy tatoo's. Nothing worse than having to stare at those the whole evening.

3. Talking about ex-boyfriends and being to feminist. Most men don't care if your independent. You just don't want you to make it the be all to end all.

4. Talking about money on a first date. It's okay to ask me what I do for a living. It's not okay to ask me how much money I make a year or prove to you I can afford you.

5. Dressing tastefully. I really don't want to see all your goods on a first date. I have a pretty good build but I would never show up on a first date with a tight muscle shirt and a look at me attitude.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:10 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Just something I find funny as men are making thier dollie perfect requests...

I was dollie perfect and found the sleaze-balls

Looking like a pig because of working and school, no make-up/beautyfuss, sweaty, nasty espresso nails,digusting clothing and I am sure nasty espresso and cheap food breath...I found the best mate ever. A total pain in the tookas sometimes but he is the "thick and thin" guy that I imagined meeting when I was a little girl.
Now if he only made more money....lol
Or if I didnt that would be nice too....
Hope you didn't get me wrong. I think my requests (or deal breakers) weren't that bad. You know what my saying is, "If you can go out with me when I'm at my worst, then it's all uphill!!" But, the worst still has to have some guidelines. I don't care if you look like Kate Beckinsale, smoking won't help! lol

Old 11-17-2008, 10:17 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Hope you didn't get me wrong. I think my requests (or deal breakers) weren't that bad. You know what my saying is, "If you can go out with me when I'm at my worst, then it's all uphill!!" But, the worst still has to have some guidelines. I don't care if you look like Kate Beckinsale, smoking won't help! lol
Yeh..he said that too...

*puff puff*

Almost a decade later I quit on my terms for me..He is still around even through the nasty habit. LOL

I just think women shouldnt care and just be themselves. Its so much easier in the long run. Amazingly easier. I feel stupid for "behaving myself" all the years previous...

But I hate anyone that texts on talks on a cell when out..I dont care if its a date or not. I only know ONE person that does it correctly by involving the phone chat with the people at the table. I hate it when I see "woo girls" all texting at a table when they are out and not even talking to each other. Just texting and looking around...Looks so vapid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships