Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 03:09 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,142,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Depends on the region. From what I've heard, former eastern block nations aren't exactly interracial dating "meccas".
Actually, I think that the deal is... if you are in a major city, the mingling of different cultures and races is more accepted and tolerated. But not so much if you are in a more rural area or small town.

Then another thought came to me, if a woman has very protective brothers, that could be a slight stumbling block for an interracial/intercultural relationship. I was remembering that scene in My Big Fat Greek Wedding where John Corbett was being threatened by his fiance's Greek brothers saying that if he ever hurt her, they'd kill him. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 03:35 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,663,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Perhaps, but the women in Australia have been known to be pretty liberal when in comes to foreign guys, especially black men.
There are a few like that, but most are pretty against any interracial dealings. Very openly as well. They don't make it a secret.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
To be honest I'm embarrassed to say this but Brit girls have gotten a baaaad reputation for being "easy". They get drunk and get easy. I know I've read that in surveys compared to other Europeans on vacation on the continents, they drop their knickers faster than you can say show us your fanny. Even when I spent a summer working various resorts whenI was a student, we Brits just had a bad name, even way back then.
I can vouch for that.

Personally, I find Brit girls annoying and arrogant. Scottish and Irish gals are the way to go if one truly has to have a UK gal.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:29 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,895,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Perhaps, but the women in Australia have been known to be pretty liberal when in comes to foreign guys, especially black men.
Sure, I agree, many of them are more liberal but I'm countering the point made by the OP that seemed to be saying that Australian women, (or men for that matter) are more liberal than other people around the world, when it comes to interracial dating/marriage. There are definitely women (and men) in this country that would NEVER dream of dating or marrying outside their race. (and as I said previously, not just white anglo saxons) Just like anywhere else. AND just like anywhere else there are Aussie girls (and guys) that couldn't care less what colour you are or where you come from. So I guess I'm countering the perception the OP and a few others seem to have that Australia is some kind of Eutopia for inter racial relationships. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:38 PM

52,165 posts, read 52,609,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
To be honest I'm embarrassed to say this but Brit girls have gotten a baaaad reputation for being "easy". They get drunk and get easy. I know I've read that in surveys compared to other Europeans on vacation on the continents, they drop their knickers faster than you can say show us your fanny. Even when I spent a summer working various resorts whenI was a student, we Brits just had a bad name, even way back then.
I'll be sure to contact my local travel agent....

Old 11-17-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The spanish Mediterranean resorts and to a lesser extent the Greek resorts is where you will find them.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:29 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,306,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Ibiza is sex on tap. Greek Islands too. Tell them Raggy sent you.

Oh and double bag while you are at it, you can't be too careful these days. *wink*

Old 11-18-2008, 10:43 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,627,020 times
I've only talked to one UK girl who seemed arrogant to me. Most of them seemed really sweet and nice, friendly, I don't know, more so than American girls. I'm not sure why but that's been my experience. Australian girls are awesome too, I've had some good conversations with Aussie girls online, hehe.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I've only talked to one UK girl who seemed arrogant to me. Most of them seemed really sweet and nice, friendly, I don't know, more so than American girls. I'm not sure why but that's been my experience. Australian girls are awesome too, I've had some good conversations with Aussie girls online, hehe.
I would advise you spending some of the wealth you talk about and get out and see it for real. Might give you a better perspective.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:51 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,627,020 times
I honestly don't enjoy traveling. I like the USA plenty well enough, been to Italy, France, South Korea, China, Canada, and Mexico. And I like it best right here. I'm not a travel-the-world type, frankly couldn't give a crap about the rest of the world. This is the best country, if I want to see the great monuments and cool stuff around the world, that's what the Internet is for. My money is better spent on more useful pursuits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships