Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 01:57 PM

2,118 posts, read 4,160,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Well, if it's someone like me who just likes to go to these sites for the purpose of seeing if there's anyone I know ... ME!!!

Seriously, I have run across 4 people I know on dating sites. People who are married and they have their pictures on these sites! I haven't said anything yet, because far be it from me to be the stirrer of the s**t (), but one of these days you just know I'm gonna drop some subtle hint or something. Okay, I'm just dying to do it!!!
I went on Eharmony looking around Lo & behold there was my neighbor across the street( an anesthesiologist) on there with his friggin picture!! His kids must be so proud....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 02:44 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,882,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
One of the problems I think is our divorce laws that a lot of people (men in particular) in not wanting to end marriages. You get screwed financially and if kids are involved, you'll have to fight for all you can get.

Melanie Berliet on Internet Adultery | vanityfair.com

Interesting article. Interesting to note some of the projections of the # of people that have affairs/outside relations.

50-65% of men & 45-55% of women, while 79% of people fell it's always wrong, so up to 34% of people feel it's always wrong and do it anyway. I agree though, interesting article. Repped. Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:44 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,335,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
I went on Eharmony looking around Lo & behold there was my neighbor across the street( an anesthesiologist) on there with his friggin picture!! His kids must be so proud....
Um, you can't just "look around" on eharmony without signing up and filling out a profile. They match you with people based on your answers to about 1,000 questions.

So, eharmony thinks you're compatible with your neighbor?

Old 01-01-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Um, you can't just "look around" on eharmony without signing up and filling out a profile. They match you with people based on your answers to about 1,000 questions.

So, eharmony thinks you're compatible with your neighbor?
No my oldest daughter (who has a boyfriend) but her room mate doesn't. Her roomate Abbie is signed up. She has her password and we looked around mainly to see if she saw anyone she knew. I was quite surprised to see him on there pics and all! And.. you can go look around all you want with a registered user's info.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:42 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,335,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
No my oldest daughter (who has a boyfriend) but her room mate doesn't. Her roomate Abbie is signed up. She has her password and we looked around mainly to see if she saw anyone she knew. I was quite surprised to see him on there pics and all! And.. you can go look around all you want with a registered user's info.
I am a registered user and I can't "look around". I have to be matched with people by the web site before I can see their profiles. Abbie might have been matched up with the neighbor, but she wouldn't have been able to just go hunting for familiar faces.

I'm on a few dating sites, and have yet to find anyone I know, let alone any marrried person I know. Thank goodness

Old 01-01-2010, 03:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
How much does it cost?

Wow you should be the POSTERBOY for ASHLEY MADISON, what next. That just amazes me, advertisement for CHEATING, i have heard of everything now.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
I am a registered user and I can't "look around". I have to be matched with people by the web site before I can see their profiles. Abbie might have been matched up with the neighbor, but she wouldn't have been able to just go hunting for familiar faces.

I'm on a few dating sites, and have yet to find anyone I know, let alone any marrried person I know. Thank goodness
My daughter just corrected me. It was match.com. I did look around but I had to put in preferences so of course I put in my age group to see who was signed up in my zip code. I only knew him but there were tons of people signed up on my zip code so lots of people looking for a match! By the way my daughter did say her room mate was considering E harmony because she has had a few contacts on match.com that she felt were married and has heard E harmony screens better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships