Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 10:47 AM

6,819 posts, read 14,029,650 times

Advertisements

I'm not a women but can't see a problem with a women giving you her email address. I would be interested in the womens answer to your question.

Reggie

Old 11-17-2008, 10:49 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,633,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I agree with Lola...a man should give their info to the women!
You think so? I went with that approach for a little but I got told that was nerdy. Like talking to a girl for a bit and then handing her a business card and saying it'd be nice to talk to her in the future if she wants. Some of my guy friends said it's too nerdy to do that, but I just thought if I was going to give her my number it's a lot easier to give her a business card; I don't carry a pen. And not everyone wants to pull out their cell and add you right then and there. *shrugs*

Old 11-17-2008, 10:49 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
Reggie, you gave me the idea to start this thread. I saw your answer in another thread and thought it would make a good thread topic. Thanks.

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I'm not a women but can't see a problem with a women giving you her email address. I would be interested in the womens answer to your question.

Reggie

Old 11-17-2008, 10:52 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,248,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
You think so? I went with that approach for a little but I got told that was nerdy. Like talking to a girl for a bit and then handing her a business card and saying it'd be nice to talk to her in the future if she wants. Some of my guy friends said it's too nerdy to do that, but I just thought if I was going to give her my number it's a lot easier to give her a business card; I don't carry a pen. And not everyone wants to pull out their cell and add you right then and there. *shrugs*
Well, I always liked to be the one that was called but people are more frightened these days...

It is a bit strange when someone adds you directly to their cell...seems a but too eager...

I suppose a good way to handle it would be to ask "Can I give you a call sometime?" and that would open the door for the number or email address being given...

It is so complicated these days...my husband better not die or leave...I would not like learning the ropes!

Old 11-17-2008, 10:52 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Email. Any nutball can find out where you live if you give them your phone number and last name.
20 minutes is not enough time to know the crazy level of a true loose screws afflicted lad.

Any personal site reviews of them is usually exchanged too so you can get a better look at the person on how they present themelves and who they really are.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Well, I always liked to be the one that was called but people are more frightened these days...

It is a bit strange when someone adds you directly to their cell...seems a but too eager...

I suppose a good way to handle it would be to ask "Can I give you a call sometime?" and that would open the door for the number or email address being given...

It is so complicated these days...my husband better not die or leave...I would not like learning the ropes!
Yeah trust me I haven't figured it out either. Different girls like different approaches. I find that since I mainly meet other people in the film industry, if I can make it about something professional it makes it a lot easier. Like talking to a girl (actress) at a party, this guy comes up and asks for her number before he leaves. She told him, in a very awkward moment, that she wasn't dating. There was silence for like 5 seconds. He says, "Uhh ok... well nice meeting you and... so I'm going to go now." And walks away. I had to restrain myself from laughing, but once he left I just said to her, "Wow, that was... awkward." She is like, "Very." We talked for a bunch more that night, about business and other things, and at the end of the night I asked if I could get her number so we could talk film again and make some connections, and she gave me her number no problem, I called her to give her my number, and that was done. Easy.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:10 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times
Never my email address. I have two cells, so any guy I have ever met never initially gets the primary cell. If he turns into a freak, it's easier for me to change that second one without any loss.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:12 AM

27,340 posts, read 27,393,359 times
You can do either or, its really up to you. Just remember its easier to change your number than it is to have to establish a new email address.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:18 AM

943 posts, read 3,334,420 times
Depends on how I feel, but I'll usually give my number.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
You can do either or, its really up to you. Just remember its easier to change your number than it is to have to establish a new email address.
haha, I don't think so. It's easy to get a free e-mail address you use for that purpose, and ditch it if someone really annoys you or it gets bombarded with SPAM. I am on my 4th e-mail address in the past 6 years or so because of SPAM. Other people think they get annoyed by SPAM, haha, I literally got my last two e-mail addressed simultaneously ruined by SPAM that clogged my server's software and broke the e-mail accounts. I was getting roughly 1,200 SPAM e-mails per DAY, my system couldn't handle that much (this is what happens when you run multiple public Websites and a few bots get ahold of the e-mail addys, grr).

If someone bothers me via e-mail though it's pretty easy to ignore, compared to by phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships