Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Observations:
Cruel and unempathetic 20 30.77%
Takes and gets what wants at all/any costs 32 49.23%
capable of love although extremely selfish 27 41.54%
No redeeming qualities 7 10.77%
Strikes, wounds, and leaves without conscience 26 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 01:57 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,398,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryIMovedBack View Post
No time to read the whole thread.

Most remorseless manipulator I ever met was very charming, very pleasant, very polite, at first and in front of other people. Then the shiftiness started coming out later. If you really look hard, you can see through the "nice" a little, and be certain to watch for inconsistencies in the story. Especially listen and observe when he or she is in conversation with long-term friends and tends to forget you're there.
So true. Most manipulators I know comes out, especially for girls, as innocent and naive. When someone is against them, they'll appear and act like they haven't done anything wrong. If they are true to themselves about what they did, then they'll come out and be real about it which it rarely happens. I voted for Strikes, wounds, and leaves without conscience. It should explain why I voted for that in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,014 times
One of the VPs, Mr. Carlson, in my school LACC, I believe that he has the master mind to munipulate so that he feels in power and control all the time. He uses his staffs to up against the people he dislikes or hates. He is great game player to make people fight against each other and at the same time he watches the game in his comfortable offie with evil smiles. It brings[color="DarkRed"] great joy to his mind when he makes his "victims" suffer emotionally, sexually and mentally. He is the master mind in manipulation in the dogy dog world!!!

Old 11-28-2011, 12:18 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,284 times
None of the above,
She seems sweet and innocent, but she never does anything really except for observing until she finds a reason to use what she's seen. Very good at making people feel sorry for her, I did too until I realized how she was.
Very good at being friendly and making people do favors for her, but stone cold when she doesn't have a use for a person.

Very delightful to speak to when she wants to be polite, but will be verbally abusive when she thinks she's got a better friend for your former areas of use.

I've grown to hate her. What bugs me the most is how she can be the favorite friend of my friends, then turn her back on them, talk **** about them behind their backs and so on to the point even they are pissed at her, but then they come right back when she warms up again.

She's also good at making people pissed at each other, and have rendered my past relation to some people who were at least friendly not so much anymore.

She's also good at riding on the fact that she can get away with anything because of her gender. If it was a guy I swear I woulda punched the teeth out of this person a long time ago.

What makes her hard to avoid is that she's a neighbor, and hangs out a lot in our dorm kitchen.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:33 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
Narcissistic, rewrote history, turned focus onto me for something I've done to avoid looking at self, passive-aggressive, verbally abusive, guilt trips, woe-is-me mentality about everything.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:49 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,208,043 times
Confessions of a Covert-Aggressive Personality | Manipulative-People.com

This is a really good article about the issue. And actually - the comments under the article are just as helpful in understanding the disorder. Just got out of a really bad situation with an incredibly manipulative person. I mean, a true master manipulator. Could write the book on it. Sad thing is - I am a well-educated person who [thought] I was smart. But I didn't have the slightest clue what was happening until loads of damage was done. Someone analogized it to "whiplash" and I think that's the perfect comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships