Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 04:53 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Well...hopefully, they will be smart enough to zip their mouth.
Maybe then he would start cleaning house, or something.
Clean the garage, not the house. If you clean the house you will either be doing it wrong, or trying to say that she does not clean the house properly.

eliminating the cause of the problem is a great idea. Good luck figuring out what it is without losing your head (or other parts).

Most guys run and hide. Maybe the post title should be how do you escape an angry woman.

It may not be right to run and hide, but it is what most guys do. Too many have learned that we are incompetent at dealing with this situation and usually only make things worse.

Now if her complaint is "you are never around" Hiding is probably a very bad solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 04:55 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneee View Post
Say you're sorry. It's almost magic!
What if you're not sorry because she was wrong? Oh I know, the delta male (3 rungs down the ladder from the alpha male) would say he's sorry anyway, to get back into her good graces. But the man of integrity would say, nuh uh, that's emotional manipulation. If you're not sorry, don't say you are.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
What if you're not sorry because she was wrong? Oh I know, the delta male (3 rungs down the ladder from the alpha male) would say he's sorry anyway, to get back into her good graces. But the man of integrity would say, nuh uh, that's emotional manipulation. If you're not sorry, don't say you are.
]

Are you crazy? Suicidal?

An angry woman is NEVER wrong.

She may be wrong later after she is no longer angry. However during anger, no not wrong, never, not ever. Trust me, I live with five of them.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:34 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,115,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
]

Are you crazy? Suicidal?

An angry woman is NEVER wrong.

She may be wrong later after she is no longer angry. However during anger, no not wrong, never, not ever. Trust me, I live with five of them.
And don't you forget it.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:36 AM

lol, if I dated a girl like that I'd probably break things off. My favorite thing to do is be like, "Oh you're so cute when you're angry, I just want to pinch your cheeks." Of course that makes her even angrier, so I laugh harder and say, "God you're seriously so cute!" It's true, though, girls are cute when they are angry, it's adorable.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:42 AM

Quote:
lol, if I dated a girl like that I'd probably break things off. My favorite thing to do is be like, "Oh you're so cute when you're angry, I just want to pinch your cheeks." Of course that makes her even angrier, so I laugh harder and say, "God you're seriously so cute!" It's true, though, girls are cute when they are angry, it's adorable.

It is probably safe to assume that you are still single. You can safely assume that this will remain the case for as long as that remains your practice.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:44 AM

Quote:
It is probably safe to assume that you are still single. You can safely assume that this will remain the case for as long as that remains your practice.
HAHA, no it just gives me a good opportunity to dump stupid girls, because if they get that angry over something I don't need that imbalance in my life. I don't like getting yelled at, I don't get yelled at by anyone else, a girlfriend certainly shouldn't be the one doing it.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:05 AM

Quote:
HAHA, no it just gives me a good opportunity to dump stupid girls, because if they get that angry over something I don't need that imbalance in my life. I don't like getting yelled at, I don't get yelled at by anyone else, a girlfriend certainly shouldn't be the one doing it.
Have you found girls who do not ever get angry for what seems like no understandable reason? Are they dead or aliens?

Yelling I do not tolerate. From anyone. However there are much more effective ways to express anger than yelling.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Have you found girls who do not ever get angry for what seems like no understandable reason? Are they dead or aliens?

Yelling I do not tolerate. From anyone. However there are much more effective ways to express anger than yelling.
Yeah I don't get it, I have never yelled at one of my friends in a friend-capacity, at least. I have yelled at my former business partner several times before. He's a great guy, but too much like me sometimes, he's very stubborn and we had an argument earlier this year where we were both yelling at each other, not in an insulting way, but like he wasn't getting my point after I explained something 10 times, and he was frustrated with me because what I was explaining to him didn't make sense in his mind. It had to do with the percentage distribution on projects, basically, the "Hollywood system" and I didn't make it up, I wasn't telling him that I thought it was a great way of doing things, only that it was "how things are done" by the big guys, and we could either follow that or figure out something else. But the more I explained their system, the less he seemed to understand, so yelling ensued over the phone, haha, until finally things were a bit better resolved.

What I don't understand, fundamentally, and I'm no relationship or girl expert that's for sure, is why I can have guy friends for 10 years, even 15 years, and never have yelled at any of them, or called them names in a serious fashion (of course I call all of my friends douchebags as a joke, they do the same to me, that's guy nature, we like to joke with one another), yet with girls sometimes if you date them for only a few months even you get yelled at or called names. I don't really want that in my life. I think problems can be resolved rationally, or should be able to be, and if a girl cannot have a rational conversation I really am not interested. I'll take a simpler life and happier life single than a more complicated, argument-filled life with a girl any day. I cannot handle that type of stress on top of my work stress, too, it's just too much for one person to take. I don't like the idea in general that a relationship should be "work." It's not work to be friends with ANY of my guy friends. I talk to them because I want to talk to them, I enjoy talking to them, they have insightful or funny things to say, and I'm enriched as a person by conversing with them. I hang out with them for the same reasons, and to do fun things like work out, play poker, go to bars, whatever. It's never any "work" to be friends with them. I don't see why it's fundamentally or theoretically impossible to have a girlfriend where it's much the same type of relationship. I can see how if she was living with me, that would change the dynamics and it might be some "work" to live together without a lot of problems, but considering I don't want to live with a girl any time soon I don't see why it should be "work" when we're just dating. That seems like, well, not any fun. I want a relationship for the fun and enjoyment, I don't need to take on more work. If I wanted to do that, I would literally just do more work and it would at least benefit me long-term

Old 11-22-2008, 07:02 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,442,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Just stay the hell away from her and let her cool off on her own.
Yup. Take a walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships