Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 09:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
No, I would not sign one. I take my vows seriously first off and secondly, I don't take what is not mine.
good honest answer to a good honest question. are you willing to walk out with what you walked in with. if he is smart he will accept your answer be grateful, and move on. many want unconditional love but few find it in a marriage contract or divorce. unconditional love is not to be found in a court of law, law enforcement is to be found in a court of law.
know the law. americans, -----lookin for love in all the wrong places.
(johnny lee - sing it)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 12:44 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
so I would hope that with the real estate portion of Ron's hypothetical being around $3 or $4 million from what I recall, that there would be more than one home!
Also, I live in Virginia (Williamsburg), which is by no means of the word a 'cheap' state or area to live in.
No, but as for the equity in one's home and throwing some investments and retirement funds into that, the $ 3 or $ 4 million is the exception rather than the rule. Yeah, at that level, even in an expensive area, go house shopping. For others who have normal coffers, it wouldn't fund two single family homes.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:48 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I thought DVC stood for D.C/V.A gal.....learn something new every day

Maybe the Carolinas or Tx...I am not sure. I need to be able to afford a home for a reasonable amount, Chicago is out of the question for that.
I don't believe in wasting my money.

I tell people Chicago is great place to visit in the summer but don't consider moving here.
I always thought it stood for something video related, lol, not really but that's how I think of it. DV = Digital Video, but also HDV is High Definition Video and AVC is a professional video codec, so DVC sounds like a new codec or something

Old 11-23-2008, 01:17 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
My hubby took a job with Wal-Mart Corporate.
He currently works for the Distribution Center here in Williamsburg/Newport News but he hates getting up at 4 am and working till 6 pm so he took a better paying, better hours (9-5) with corporate!
I'm very sad!
Never been away from the coast!!!
Have you posted in the Arkansas forum? The people there are great. I'm mopving to Arkansas, too. But I'm going to Hot Springs. I thought it would be next year, but it looks like it'll be a little further off. (I hate living in LA)

Old 11-23-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Have you posted in the Arkansas forum? The people there are great. I'm mopving to Arkansas, too. But I'm going to Hot Springs. I thought it would be next year, but it looks like it'll be a little further off. (I hate living in LA)
You hate living in L.A... but you want to move to Arkansas?!

Wow, I don't know what to say about that.

Last edited by JonathanLB; 11-23-2008 at 02:25 AM..

Old 11-23-2008, 02:10 AM

To me living in LA is like living in a concrete jungle and it's getting uglier by the minute. I'd rather be surrounded by greenery.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:25 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,967,034 times
Quote:
You have living in L.A... but you want to move to Arkansas?!

I think Los Angeles is overrated. Plus I don't like living in an area where the English language is considered foreign in many parts of the city.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
To me living in LA is like living in a concrete jungle and it's getting uglier by the minute. I'd rather be surrounded by greenery.
And hicks, apparently? lol, not to be mean but Arkansas is not known for its great education system or high intelligence per capita.

Los Angeles is anything but a concrete jungle, I have no idea where someone gets this idea -- it's green, there are palm trees all over, beaches, you name it. New York is a concrete jungle, all you see are huge buildings and concrete everywhere. Los Angeles is quite diverse, with all kinds of nice places to live, and unlike Arkansas actually has culture and really nice weather.

Jeff -- L.A. is usually underrated. Everyone acts like it's some horrible place to live, when in fact in most respects it's as good as it gets. I agree, the number of non-English speaking Hispanics bothers me a lot, but as far as drawbacks go, that's not the worst thing. Great cultural opportunities, wonderful beaches, great looking people, interesting people, lots of money, great weather, Los Angeles is pretty sweet.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
And hicks, apparently? lol, not to be mean but Arkansas is not known for its great education system or high intelligence per capita.

Los Angeles is anything but a concrete jungle, I have no idea where someone gets this idea -- it's green, there are palm trees all over, beaches, you name it. New York is a concrete jungle, all you see are huge buildings and concrete everywhere. Los Angeles is quite diverse, with all kinds of nice places to live, and unlike Arkansas actually has culture and really nice weather.
I grew up in LA and have lived here for over 35 years. You cannot defend LA to me. btw, Palm trees all over does not constitute "green". Please go to Griffith Park. That's green. I should say there are green areas of LA but they are so expensive that I would have to hit the lottery to live there.

And since you haven't been reading the papers lately, LAUSD has about a 40% graduation rate do I wouldn't rocket scientists are being bred here.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:32 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
You hate living in L.A... but you want to move to Arkansas?!

Oh gad don't get her going, we've been there already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships