Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 12:21 PM

4 posts, read 9,052 times

Advertisements

My X and I have recently broken up over diffrent issues but the main one is that last year he left me for an other women for a dating site. We got back together 3 months later but he never let her go.. He kept taking to her and seing her at least one a week. He was keeping it a secret at first until one day I found out the truth. I never accepted it and to this day I don't. My issue is that i am still deeply in love with him and he wants to stay friends with me. I find it difficult because i still love him and i can only bring myself to think that he want back to her... He claims he does not want anything from the both of us.. Just friends. We still have sexual relations and i feel worst after it happends because i know he will just leave after the night is over... My question is should you stay friends or just never talk to him again ....

Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 12:23 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Isn't the answer obvious to you?

Old 11-22-2008, 12:26 PM

No and yes... I guess i am hoping that the last 10 years with him are not over... Hoping that he will change ...

Old 11-22-2008, 12:28 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
He won't change, I can assure you. He obviously wants to have his cake and eat it too.

I know you have invested 10 years, but, instead of looking at its as wasting 10 years, move on to not waste anymore

Old 11-22-2008, 12:31 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmel2118 View Post
No and yes... I guess i am hoping that the last 10 years with him are not over... Hoping that he will change ...
You can't "change" people. Don't waste any more time on him, move on.

"I Will Survive" plays in the backgound......

Old 11-22-2008, 12:33 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Sweet,

I know this is a guy that you care.

But think about your mental health that's at stake. That's more important than a toxic relationship.

Relationships can be draining, some more than others. Whatever you decide to do don't put your mental health on the line to save sometrhing that, IMO, is not worth saving.

You know this and it's a hard pill to swallow but he's not the only guy that's worthy of your time. At this point he does not seem very worthy.

Think about your mental health. That's most important.

I'd say make a big effort to move on. That's my final answer.

Quote:
My X and I have recently broken up over diffrent issues but the main one is that last year he left me for an other women for a dating site. We got back together 3 months later but he never let her go.. He kept taking to her and seing her at least one a week. He was keeping it a secret at first until one day I found out the truth. I never accepted it and to this day I don't. My issue is that i am still deeply in love with him and he wants to stay friends with me. I find it difficult because i still love him and i can only bring myself to think that he want back to her... He claims he does not want anything from the both of us.. Just friends. We still have sexual relations and i feel worst after it happends because i know he will just leave after the night is over... My question is should you stay friends or just never talk to him again ....

Thanks !

Old 11-22-2008, 12:35 PM

So you are saying i should not be friends with him.. We do other stuff together and i am very close to him family... I really dont have close family on my side. Maybe i am just trying to find exuces to keep him in my life.. He always tells me that he will be there for me and that he still loves me ( but not in love with me). But in an other way i always ask about how many times i sees her and how many times he talks to her..

Old 11-22-2008, 12:42 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Quote:

Thanks !
Not unless you have children with them, or quite a bit of time has passed.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:42 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Sweet I think you're fooling yourself.

I was involved with a young lady(K.B.) sometime ago that I really felt could have been "the one". Long story short, I was close to her family as well and they made me apart of their family but KB and I went our seperate ways and it was tough. You have to do things cold turkey sometimes. All communications/activities ceased. I mean all!

Whatever you do don't think remaing friends is going to give you an opportunity to change someone. That usualy does not happen.

See underlined red below, that's your answer:

Quote:
So you are saying i should not be friends with him.. We do other stuff together and i am very close to him family... I really dont have close family on my side. Maybe i am just trying to find exuces to keep him in my life.. He always tells me that he will be there for me and that he still loves me ( but not in love with me). But in an other way i always ask about how many times i sees her and how many times he talks to her..

Old 11-22-2008, 12:45 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
I would move on from even friends.

I can almost guarantee this is how it is going to play out....

You will still be friends with benefits. When you finally tire of it, and try to move on, he will suddenly claim that he loves you and wants you back. You will abandon that relationship, only to be hurt again..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships