U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 12:50 PM

61 posts, read 98,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
This probably has been discussed here before, but I'm curious to know your opinions.

What do you think is it sexy, inappropriate or no big deal to see a g-string or thong peeking out through the back of a female's jeans?

I personally think that most women don't even realize it when it happens (I know I don't) I was teaching a yoga class once and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and yeah there were my undies)
my friend, please tell me ur not that naive, if a womans panties r sticking out i'm pretty certain she knows it, its considered the new millennium cleavage. its jus like why do womens jeans fit so much tighter than mens?, or why do women need on booty shorts to run on the tread mill? or why is ok to have such a low cut blouse and its inappropriate if i look?
but it depends on the chic as well cus if she like as flat as a board, or ashy, then its like ugh get that out of my face!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 01:11 PM

12,980 posts, read 17,185,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
My wife ONLY wears thongs. She's 5' 2" and 130lbs and would not be caught dead in what she calls "granny panties" or "fat girl underwear". She does have a couple pair of low rise/cut jeans that if she bends over or moves a certain way you'll be able to see the top of her thong (not as bad as that pic someone posted earlier). She's aware of it and always tries to pull it up so that it doesnt show but it doesnt look bad at all on her.
I may also add that when she was carrying the extra poundage from having a baby, she knew not to wear any pants that would expose her thong because she said that it would be disgusting. She didnt go back to low rise/cut jeans until after she hit the gym and got her normal body back.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:11 PM

274 posts, read 426,732 times
I think it is trashy..

Old 11-25-2008, 02:28 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,429,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
He he...are you trying hard enough to convince her?
Honestly...it doesn't bother me...we don't see eachother a whole lot....as far as alone..where I could check her out in a thong...and when we do...she's naked anyways...so thong or not...wouldn't matter.

If she is comfortable in her underwear, good for her.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:40 PM

3,797 posts, read 4,047,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmston2 View Post
my friend, please tell me ur not that naive, if a womans panties r sticking out i'm pretty certain she knows it, its considered the new millennium cleavage. its jus like why do womens jeans fit so much tighter than mens?, or why do women need on booty shorts to run on the tread mill? or why is ok to have such a low cut blouse and its inappropriate if i look?
but it depends on the chic as well cus if she like as flat as a board, or ashy, then its like ugh get that out of my face!!!!!
I'm not quite sure I understand your question, but I'll answer it as best as I can.

I purchased a new pair of yoga pants and hadn't worn them until teaching my class. I showed up at class, all was well, started out with some breathing and then moved into some poses. We started the cat/cow pose where you are on all fours, you arch your back into a rainbow arch and then lower your spine tilting your pelvis in an exagerated arch through the lumbar spine. I was right next to the mirror and sometimes I will look at my class through the mirror so I can see them, while I was arching my back I caught a glimpse of myself and saw a pink lacy strap peeking up through the top of my pants. So I simply reached back and pulled my pants up. I guess it wasn't a big deal, it was just a little shocking because I really couldn't tell it was showing until I saw it for myself. Being the instructor it was a bit embarrasing. Next time maybe I should borrow the "alabama swallows" t shirt.

Anyway...back to the thread.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:51 PM

17,375 posts, read 15,835,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
My wife ONLY wears thongs. She's 5' 2" and 130lbs and would not be caught dead in what she calls "granny panties" or "fat girl underwear". She does have a couple pair of low rise/cut jeans that if she bends over or moves a certain way you'll be able to see the top of her thong (not as bad as that pic someone posted earlier). She's aware of it and always tries to pull it up so that it doesnt show but it doesnt look bad at all on her.
Underwear that does not fall into the category of a thong, is certainly not "granny panties" or "fat girl underwear"!! I also wear low-rise jeans, but I cannot stand thongs - I wear bikinis, and they certainly do not show.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:01 PM

3,797 posts, read 4,047,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Underwear that does not fall into the category of a thong, is certainly not "granny panties" or "fat girl underwear"!! I also wear low-rise jeans, but I cannot stand thongs - I wear bikinis, and they certainly do not show.
Underwear is a very personal choice, bikinis can be very sexy as well For me they just aren't comfortable. When my mom helped me move she saw my underwear drawer and just rolled her eyes.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:17 PM

47,957 posts, read 43,402,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
There is nothing sexy about a thong or g-string. The thought of material in my butt is a total turn-off. And actually seeing it sticking out of a pair pants is totally inappropriate.
well said

Old 11-25-2008, 07:27 PM

12,980 posts, read 17,185,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
There is nothing sexy about a thong or g-string. The thought of material in my butt is a total turn-off. And actually seeing it sticking out of a pair pants is totally inappropriate.
I dont know about that CES, I think if we conducted a survey of what men find sexy on a woman between:

Thong/G-string
Full underwear
Boy shorts

I think thong would win by a landslide. Boy shorts, which are also sexy would come in a distance second.

My wife says she wears them because she finds them much more comfortable than other underwear and she likes that they leave no unsightly panty lines that can be seen through her dresses or pants.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:08 PM

2,784 posts, read 4,186,499 times
Greatest thing in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships