U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:23 PM

416 posts, read 749,751 times

Advertisements

Oildog's got it right; prepare yourself financially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 03:10 AM

829 posts, read 1,072,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
It's not the drinking...

There is something else that is the problem. Dig deeper...

People drink to cover problems.
So true. From mid 2006 through late 2007 I had devolped a serious drinking problem. I had always been a "funny drunk". Well, I had grown to hate my job so bad that I became a very angry drunk over that period. I regret how much of a scumbag I was to my wife during that period. I have changed jobs, still drink several times a week, but am not angry anymore.
I know my situation worked out well and fast. Those who told you you need to prepare to leave are so right. Don't let it drag on, ods are it won't get better.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:38 AM

2,895 posts, read 5,525,923 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
ok. get help counseling and 12 step. your main concern should be why you are married to an alcoholic and what to do about it.

I didn't know that you had to a reason as to why you were married to any flawless person, since we all do have flaws and major ones at that.
maybe these people don't see it coming, especially with functional alkies"
And there's a lot of alcoholics ouy there, which means if they are married, then someone had to marry them, and made a poor choice>
So would this be the same for other addictive persons?
Shopaholics
Workaholics
Sexaholics
Drug Addicts-legal and illegal
Control freaks
Chocaholics
Food Alcoholics

and the list goes on, so which one of these addicts would be the worst to marry? Or possibly have to 12 step, or break ties with?
I think we all could use some counseling;
The question is , what type of counseling?

Old 11-27-2008, 06:30 AM

22,289 posts, read 17,026,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytripper View Post
anyone have a spouse who becomes a mean drunk? I'm at a loss and it seems to be getting worse... what did you/are you doing about it? Advice please!!!
My husband was mean WRT the things he'd say. Never physical. He'd say some pretty nasty things and LOVED to embarass me in public.

I would suggest alanon. I went for a while during our separation but haven't gone back since he stopped drinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships