Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times

Advertisements

It is good to see that you have some compassion and pity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
I believe in the traditional relationship roles where the man is a *man* and the woman is a *lady.* I do not want a man that I can bend and break - and if I date someone where I see that can happen, respectfully, I will let him go. I believe there is a certain disrespect involved with breaking down a man. I've seen very controlling women do this to their man, often putting his back up against a wall and I think it's just a very sorry situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 12:32 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Why was she rude?? It really makes her look like an idiot too.
http://www.nyu.edu/greyart/exhibits/...Eyed_Woman.jpg
I don't really know why she was so rude. She was rude with basically everybody. I'm like a class clown, so I would just laugh at her rudeness. Sometimes she was just over-the-top rude and for some reason I just found it really funny - like she was a caricature of herself or something, I don't know. We used to go out clubbing together (not baby seal clubbing!) and she was so rude to the guys who tried to hit on us. It's like we'd have a couple of real rico suave dudes come up to us and start a chat and she'd be all rude and I'd sit there laughing like a moron.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:39 PM

She is a former friend ... why, you ask??? Well, when I was going to get married I wanted a simple to-do ... just my kids to walk me down the aisle to meet up with my husband. She insisted that since she was my "best friend" I needed to have her in my wedding as my maid of honor. I agreed, like a dummy. But since I have more than one friend, I had to ask others to be bridesmaids so as not to hurt anybody's feelings.

I began the task of looking for dresses for my attendants and she flipped out. She told me she was supposed to pick out her own dress and I was supposed to pay for it. We argued a little (because I knew she was wrong) and I pulled a bunch of articles from bridal mags on who pays for what and sent them to her. She called me when she received them and cussed me out, a little something like this: "F*** you! F*** your wedding! F*** your dresses!" I told her that if she couldn't afford the dress all she would have had to do was tell me and I would have probably helped her out. I also told her that whenever she wanted to apologize for her rudeness, I would forgive her and we would still be friends and we would put this behind us. All she could muster up was a healthy "F*** YOU!!!"

So ... I got married without her in my wedding, but with bridesmaids that I originally did not want. Nobody else hassled me about gowns or anything!

Old 12-03-2008, 12:44 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times
Quote:
It is good to see that you have some compassion and pity.
Sometimes I do. I once watched a friend go from a very strong male to a completely spineless worm by one Girlzilla. Watching him put the pieces back together after she tossed him was heart wrenching.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:49 PM

78,373 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Sometimes I do. I once watched a friend go from a very strong male to a completely spineless worm by one Girlzilla. Watching him put the pieces back together after she tossed him was heart wrenching.
UGH! I watched two friends go through this in college....at the hands of the SAME woman! Probably why to this day I have a healthy zero tolerance policy for men or women that pull that kind of crap.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
my favorite ----the same women that regularly wipe their muddy feet on guys and then ask everybody, saying, what is wrong with these guys dont they have any backbone? if you would get your muddy feet back on the floor they would not need so much backbone. somebody points a 357 magnum divorce at my head and is asking me (an unarmed man) about my backbone and lack of courage ---- now that is a kick in the head. guys---- talk to the lawyer b4 the marriage not after.
on this point OP you are right--- guys need to stop giving away their power.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
You swing both ways ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Probably why to this day I have a healthy zero tolerance policy for men or women that pull that kind of crap.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
You swing both ways ??
Who knew!!!!!

Old 12-03-2008, 12:58 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,960 times
Quote:
I believe in the traditional relationship roles where the man is a *man* and the woman is a *lady.* I do not want a man that I can bend and break - and if I date someone where I see that can happen, respectfully, I will let him go. I believe there is a certain disrespect involved with breaking down a man. I've seen very controlling women do this to their man, often putting his back up against a wall and I think it's just a very sorry situation.
Likewise, the reason why I seek strong minded traditional men who aren't afraid to tell me to **** when I push a little too far.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:01 PM

78,373 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
You swing both ways ??
You of all people should know about having platonic male friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships