U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 05:51 PM

4,247 posts, read 9,375,646 times

Advertisements

Honest to God. In my day and age several factors were taken into account. Now, I have been told I am very attractive, so this isn't the issue.

For fun this p.m. I went on this site. All anyone cared about was my pic! I mean, forget my personality, my brain, anything else, my pic was primary.

I just want to know how people do this deal!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 05:57 PM

24,843 posts, read 32,428,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Honest to God. In my day and age several factors were taken into account. Now, I have been told I am very attractive, so this isn't the issue.

For fun this p.m. I went on this site. All anyone cared about was my pic! I mean, forget my personality, my brain, anything else, my pic was primary.

I just want to know how people do this deal!?
Good question. I e-mailed pictures when asked. My on-line friend and I PMed about 50 times a day for a mouth before a phone call. We still PM good morning and night no matter how long we talk during the day.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:59 PM

5,258 posts, read 8,028,214 times
It seems that looks supersede everything else when it comes to online dating. I tried online dating once and I was too asked about my looks more than my intelligence, interests, etc.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
It seems that looks supersede everything else when it comes to online dating. I tried online dating once and I was too asked about my looks more than my intelligence, interests, etc.
I was not asked right away but, this was a contractor's forum and the guy thought I was a guy for a while. As soon as he knew I was a girl he asked for better pictures. What happened was I sent him a picture of my rig and I was in the picture.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I was not asked right away but, this was a contractor's forum and the guy thought I was a guy for a while. As soon as he knew I was a girl he asked for better pictures. What happened was I sent him a picture of my rig and I was in the picture.
Did he ask for close-ups of you? Was he persistent?

Old 11-30-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Did he ask for close-ups of you? Was he persistent?
Yes, I would say. I sent him a few and he asked to see some skin. He got a little skin but, not much. lol I am 37!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 06:22 PM
miu

17,159 posts, read 34,671,330 times
Quote:
That's why I have zero interest in joining an online dating site. I so much more enjoy joining a special interest forum dedicated to one of my passions. That way, I know that I would have real common interests with my online friends, not some guys pretending to be what they think I want them to be like.

Also, I make sure that an online friend is truly enjoying my personality and interests by keeping him as a purely platonic friend. No flirting from me. And the impatient would be Romeo types I run away from quickly.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:29 PM

15,328 posts, read 17,796,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

One time during somewhat of a drought year thar was a well driller here on the mountain. The water witcher said the water would be 12 gallons per minute @ 60'..........................WRONG................ it was at 250'. The drillers did work very hard though, in the Heat of summer. Second day they snapped an axle coming up the very steep long logging road driveway.

That ol' water witcher said thar was a mess of gold about 10' under a mess of poison oak...............................

Old 11-30-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
That's why I have zero interest in joining an online dating site. I so much more enjoy joining a special interest forum dedicated to one of my passions. That way, I know that I would have real common interests with my online friends, not some guys pretending to be what they think I want them to be like.

Also, I make sure that an online friend is truly enjoying my personality and interests by keeping him as a purely platonic friend. No flirting from me. And the impatient would be Romeo types I run away from quickly.
That's a good strategy. That way, you have more of a chemistry right off the bat instead of trying to dig for some common interests on a dating site.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
One time during somewhat of a drought year thar was a well driller here on the mountain. The water witcher said the water would be 12 gallons per minute @ 60'..........................WRONG................ it was at 250'. The drillers did work very hard though, in the Heat of summer. Second day they snapped an axle coming up the very steep long logging road driveway.

That ol' water witcher said thar was a mess of gold about 10' under a mess of poison oak...............................
Yep, witchers will leave you "out on a limb". LOL My rig is six wheel drive. My guess is they air drilled, we are mud rotary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships