Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 12:22 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,467,954 times

Advertisements

My SIL took a fist full of her boyfriends hair and yanked on it... at Thanksgiving dinner a couple of years ago. I guess she was irritated with his talking and instead of saying, "be quiet" she pulled his hair to the point where his head was yanked sideways. I was shocked. She's strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 09:09 AM

652 posts, read 2,663,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That being said, I had a bi-polar employee. I mean, this guy was clinically diagnosed. He had had a sad life up to that point. His father left at an early age, and his mother died when he was eight, and he was shipped around to various aunts and uncles.

One day he'd come into work just full of energy and with a great attitude. The next day, he'd come into the office in such a bleak, angry mood that he actually scared the women in the office. It got to the point, where I'd tell him to leave the bad attitude at the door.

Finally, it just wreaked too much of a toll on the office morale. I canned him with a month's severance. I really hated doing it, because when he was on, he did great, great work. But I couldn't run a 12-employee business based on how Craig was going to be feeling that day.

I tried to help him find other jobs, which he promptly got fired from as well. I lost track of him until I learned about two months ago that he shot himself recently. I felt terrible.
this sounds just like my brother,except right now he is still around. He is the best person/employee when his mind is in the right place. thankfully he has learned to control it a little better but has no ins and cannot afford medication. although he does realize his issues and was actually diagnosed about a yr ago after a dui. the govt paid for temporary med. and a shrink. now he is without again. with that being said, here is one of my horror stories growing up.

about 16 (him 17)......... I was hanging out at the house with him and a couple of my friends. I had keys to my grandmothers station wagon. he was not allowed to drive it. everything was great all of a sudden he wants the keys to go to the store. I say no, you know your not allowed to drive it. we get in a small argument. a little bit later he gets the keys from me and takes it to the back yard. we get into another argument. he "flips". starts beating the crap out of me, my friend jumps on him he throws her across the room basically beats the crap out of both of us in minutes we're running down the street in almost no clothing in 20 deg weather. him after us. get to the police station (about 1 mi away). he comes in after us. In the police station!
anyway. things were finally calmed down but do you know they wouldnt do anything to him without my grandmother filing charges?

Old 12-04-2008, 09:25 AM

111 posts, read 286,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I want to hear the craziest stories you have of things a bi-polar person has done around you.

They don't even have to be bi-polar. Just someone who seems to be...
Ok....my husband is a severe bipolar. You wouldnt believe all the meds he takes. We have been married years and years and he is the most wonderful, considerate and loving man I have ever met, now. After meeting him I insisted something was wrong with him and refused to continue to see him if he didnt get help, which he did. It changed his life. BUT, before meds...holy cow....He once quit a $100k year job on a whim, drove to California without remembering how he got there then went "hiking" in the mountains with no food, water or clothing......lordy.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:03 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
My most recent serious boyfriend was probably bi-polar. There were weeks and months where he'd be insanely talkative, active, and absolutely charming. Then he'd become silent and withdrawn, almost comatose for months, doing nothing at all. The swings were so extended that it was difficult to tell until I'd known him for a couple of years.

Long story short, though we'd not been together for quite awhile, a few months ago he mentioned that he thought he was prone to depression, after a 3-week spell of not getting out of bed.

I said that I thought he was bi-polar and had been for years. He told me I've been reading too much and hasn't spoken to me since.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:30 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
It was a dark and stormy night in the land of Transylvania. A full moon was out and a bipolar man happily strolled down a village street looking for some trouble ......oh wait that is the story of Dracula....

http://www.breaktaker.com/albums/pic...AnnoyedDog.jpg

Old 12-04-2008, 01:33 PM

Ellie there is a pattern here and a constant component and that is you. Maybe you are driving your "Boyfriends" insane or to act bi-polar. Ever thought of that? Hello.

http://skateandannoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/duh-duh.jpg (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
My most recent serious boyfriend was probably bi-polar. There were weeks and months where he'd be insanely talkative, active, and absolutely charming. Then he'd become silent and withdrawn, almost comatose for months, doing nothing at all. The swings were so extended that it was difficult to tell until I'd known him for a couple of years.

Long story short, though we'd not been together for quite awhile, a few months ago he mentioned that he thought he was prone to depression, after a 3-week spell of not getting out of bed.

I said that I thought he was bi-polar and had been for years. He told me I've been reading too much and hasn't spoken to me since.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:42 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emailvasally View Post
this sounds just like my brother,except right now he is still around. He is the best person/employee when his mind is in the right place. thankfully he has learned to control it a little better but has no ins and cannot afford medication. although he does realize his issues and was actually diagnosed about a yr ago after a dui. the govt paid for temporary med. and a shrink. now he is without again. with that being said, here is one of my horror stories growing up.

about 16 (him 17)......... I was hanging out at the house with him and a couple of my friends. I had keys to my grandmothers station wagon. he was not allowed to drive it. everything was great all of a sudden he wants the keys to go to the store. I say no, you know your not allowed to drive it. we get in a small argument. a little bit later he gets the keys from me and takes it to the back yard. we get into another argument. he "flips". starts beating the crap out of me, my friend jumps on him he throws her across the room basically beats the crap out of both of us in minutes we're running down the street in almost no clothing in 20 deg weather. him after us. get to the police station (about 1 mi away). he comes in after us. In the police station!
anyway. things were finally calmed down but do you know they wouldnt do anything to him without my grandmother filing charges?
WOW! I bet his whole demeaner changed in the police station too.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:46 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:

You were probably right. He just didn't want you to tell him.

Most people with the disease will not admit to it. It is really hard to tactfully get a person to get help. I am living that right now. I actually got my wife to my doctor's and we talked to him and she blamed me and made me feel like I was the crazy one. When we left the office she got a new doctor. She doesn't like him either and told me she didn't like what he tells her. It's hard. Good thing you weren't married to him.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:40 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,447,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
It's hard. Good thing you weren't married to him.
You're right. We almost were.

Trouble with things like that is that it really affects so many aspects of a person's life. I think he also had a form of attention deficit disorder too. He just couldn't keep it together for more than a few months. What a mess.

But he was also a great friend and easy to be around most of the time. Funny thing, his previous ex gf was a doctor and so was one of his best friends. If they couldn't help him, no one could have.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:18 PM

So why were you with him? If you are so perfect don't bond with people that are bipolar. Are you nuts?

Quote:
You're right. We almost were.

Trouble with things like that is that it really affects so many aspects of a person's life. I think he also had a form of attention deficit disorder too. He just couldn't keep it together for more than a few months. What a mess.

But he was also a great friend and easy to be around most of the time. Funny thing, his previous ex gf was a doctor and so was one of his best friends. If they couldn't help him, no one could have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships