Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 02:37 PM

440 posts, read 1,681,957 times

Advertisements

I'm a mix of both. I like dressing and looking nice, but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. The girly-girls who throw a fit because they got a TINY bit dirty, annoy me to no end .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 02:40 PM

91 posts, read 231,441 times
I am not a girly girl in the least. I can fix my own drywall, paint, clean up, I'll do anything I need to do around the house to make sure things get done the way they're supposed to get done.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:46 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN View Post
I'm a mix of both. I like dressing and looking nice, but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. The girly-girls who throw a fit because they got a TINY bit dirty, annoy me to no end .
you and me both

Old 01-19-2009, 02:48 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,449,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
you and me both
Me three!

Old 01-19-2009, 03:28 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I like dressing girly, but I'm definitely a doer with a lot of stuff. I must have spent 7 hours on Saturday working in my garden getting all dirty. But I have fun doing stuff like that.
Ha. I love playing in the dirt. I can't wait for spring.

I am definitely the "get er done" woman. I am natural and down to earth. I like to look and smell good but I don't wear makeup and I don't buy expensive clothes and shoes. I would rather see my money in the bank.

I also don't want to pay someone to do the jobs that I can do. Seems like a waste of money. I like be self sufficient. I cannot stand useless girly girls.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:33 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I'm both. I was raised out on a farm by a carpenter dad who had me out building things with him from a young age, digging in the dirt, planting gardens, helping him split wood for our wood-burning furnace, and climbing trees. But I was also never butch. I hated coming across worms in the garden, cried when I'd scrape my knees climbing trees. I grew up to love theatre because of the dressing up and makeup, and consider myself as feminine as the next woman. I wear cosmetics and perfume and jewelry and watched Sex and the City, but I also know how to drywall and curry comb a horse and use power tools and check and change my oil...with my manicured nails - self-manicured, that is, no way would I pay for that crap.

I see no reason why one can't be any and all of these things and more: gentle, feminine, strong, tender, tough, self-sufficient.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:37 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Ha. I love playing in the dirt. I can't wait for spring.

I am definitely the "get er done" woman. I am natural and down to earth. I like to look and smell good but I don't wear makeup and I don't buy expensive clothes and shoes. I would rather see my money in the bank.

I also don't want to pay someone to do the jobs that I can do. Seems like a waste of money. I like be self sufficient. I cannot stand useless girly girls.
Cool. I do most of my own yardwork and housework also. It's actually fun to me. I can dress up girly-like when I want, but most of the time i prefer jeans.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:21 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,285 times
Id say Im more git r done but that doesnt mean Im not feminine. I could never be 100% girlie. I hate pink and I dont do ruffles. And I kill my own bugs. I appreciate help but I dont like being helpless. I do DIY and build stuff so my nails wont be seing a manicure anytime soon. This summer Ill be finishing up my patio and stone walls and pond. I spent last year rehabbing a house to sell.

I dress for the occasion. I always wear clothes that flatter me even if Im digging a ditch. . I wear makeup and perfume everday no matter what. And usually I wear jewelry/pins if Im leaving the house. I can dress up and do paint and body work with the best of them. Altho I did have to give up the 3" heels. Bad knee.

Just because Im getting stuff done doesnt mean I have to look like a Hag. When I do my job cleaning OP houses. I wear comforatable flattering clothes and I always wear a nice shirt with a pin over my my work clothes.

Oh and theres nothing wrong with being girlie. Its the whiney uber helpless ones I cant stand.
Im so fragile. Carry me.
A mouse. Im going to faint. Quick call the police. Is going to attack.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:10 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
I'm a little of both. I can do the cotillion or Bubba's backyard, but I prefer a casual atmosphere.

I'm a lazy girlie-girl. I hate the process of getting dolled up, but I like to look good when I go out. I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I have long hair so I'll put it up a lot. I like having the "option" of wearing it down.

I love wearing heels, but I don't like ironing, so jeans or a wrinkle free casual dress it is, as often as possible.

I hate to shop. When I do it is somewhere close or online, never the mall.

Most days, its a t-shirt and running pants or shorts.

As far as git'r done. I'll paint around the house, clean and do yard work, but I'll pay to fix things. I'm not above getting my hands dirty, but I'd rather not.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:32 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
I'm both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships