U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:13 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,292,841 times
Default Meeting European men

Is it possible for a woman living in the US to meet men who live in Europe? What are some of the ways to meet older European men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 08:20 PM

146 posts, read 47,049 times
honey, why would you want to meet a man all the way in Europe? But since you insist, try living in New York or Miami, lots of European guys there you'll meet. I've met quite a few hot ones in Miami that ACTUALLY LIVE THERE! Or they visited in town and we met.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:34 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,737,429 times
Older European men? Some kind of suave, cafe society, sugar daddy in an Armani suit?

Girlfriend, the bestest hottest guys in the world are right here in America. Tall, handsome, healthy, work-and-home kind of guys. European women love our men. American women don't appreciate the quality of American men nearly enough. They're tops.

(European men have a far more ahem--everybody's favorite word du jour--*progressive* attitude towards womanizing. I think this is not what you're looking for....)

Old 12-04-2008, 10:40 PM

2,588 posts, read 3,487,429 times
Step 1: Get a passport
Step 2: Purchase plane ticket to Europe
Step 3: Board that plane to Europe
Step 4: Party (by the way, American girls have a reputation as being easy - exploit it.)

Seriously, I don't really know why you want to meet older European guys, but I don't really care. You do need to be somewhere that attracts foreigners and New York is definitely tops for that. Once there, you need to work your way into a group. So, you could target churches, say, Greek Orthodox. You could try learning one of the languages and post on Craigslist for a conversation partner.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:03 PM

2,890 posts, read 4,191,084 times
There's this Italian dude who lives in my apartment building. He hits on all the women and is sooo cheesey. Reminds me of that character Paolo on friends, haha.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:47 PM

146 posts, read 47,049 times
Nothing wrong with wanting to meet European guys. I actually have a slight thing for them myself. But what good would it do if they're in Europe. I hope this girl doesnt think she's going to meet some Don Giovanni who's going to fly her to Europe and have a fairy tale relationship. I know, I wish too...

But, in the meantime, you can meet some hot guys right here. Who just came from Europe, have the same sexy accent.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:50 PM

47,957 posts, read 43,402,587 times
probably like all others internet.
americans don't like americans do they, hence transatlantic dating.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:20 AM

42,851 posts, read 51,225,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
Girlfriend, the bestest hottest guys in the world are right here in America. Tall, handsome, healthy, work-and-home kind of guys. European women love our men. American women don't appreciate the quality of American men nearly enough. They're tops.
I would agree with the red part. Americans do have a reputation around the world for making good husbands and there is some truth to it.

Quote:
(European men have a far more ahem--everybody's favorite word du jour--*progressive* attitude towards womanizing. I think this is not what you're looking for....)
Yes, more excitement does often come with those side effects...

Old 12-05-2008, 10:28 AM

5,079 posts, read 8,224,581 times
I have to agree with everyone. I've personally dated a couple of Euro men and let me tell you, you just don't get the same personality, beliefs, charm that our American men have. If you feel like you are burnt out on men here or feel you aren't meeting the quality you want, then maybe you need to take a look at yourself first.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:34 AM

15,118 posts, read 23,872,680 times
You gotta get into competitive ballroom dancing. Every comp I go to feels like I'm in Eastern European Hell!!! (However, this past weekend I felt like I was in Asian Hell during my standard heats. I think I was the only non-Asian on the floor)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships