Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 05:54 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,140,882 times

Advertisements

If she chooses to hang around people like that, she really isn't much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 06:18 PM

10 posts, read 14,875 times
Yea? I'm glad to hear you guys and gals think she is interested in me. Made my night really. Someone said giver her some alcohol, have to be honest I did laugh at that, haha. She isn't that much of a drinker and I would feel guilty if I did that before we were actually dating, lol.

However, I think I will pull my stuff together this week at school and try my best to ask her to the movies or something by Friday.

One problem.

How on earth do I do ask her?

Old 12-06-2008, 07:36 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrappuccinoMe! View Post
Man do I love it, but sometimes it can get you! I think I've got a little bit of a problem, or something. But here:

There is a girl in my grade that gets my eye and mind. She is a very popular, beautiful, street smart cheerleader. In my mind, everything I could want.

Ms. Cheerleader is not your average cheerleader (like you see in Bring it On, or something), so I think, she isn't a meangirl too my knowledge. I get the vibe that she is very different than all her friends and is MUCH smarter and knows what she wants to do with her life and her priorities. Most of her friends are cough-slutty-cough and most of her guy friends are a-hole football jockies and liars that don't give a ratspoop about anything. Since last year her and I haven't talked one bit about anything personal (I'm not good at small talk) but she sometimes she wants me to walk her to classes, stay with her at her locker, go get food with her, yadda yadda. A while ago last year she invited me over for a movie night with her and and her best friend, who is a good girl friend of mine (not girlfriend girlfriend). I want to start talking to her a lot and get to know her a lot more than I do, but I think I am too shy to do so, I don't want to find out she isn't interested in me, or I don't want to find out that she isn't as good as I think she is.

Yesterday in lunch she asked me to sit with her (us two alone) and I just sat there like an idiot and didn't say anything. I don't think more than ten words came out of my mouth that whole time, and this is usually how it is with her... But when I am with other girls I am constantly making them laugh, flirting, having a great time. I don't act differently around her than those other girls.. its just that I CANT act, you know?

What I feel like I need is advice on EDIT [is if I need to] to leave this girl alone and just try to ignore my feelings towards her, how to overcome this silly shyness of mine, and what just what to do in general.

I don't mean to be the only jerk on here... but come on get over this girl. If she's hanging out with those people, and you are using terms like "jock", "bring it on cheerleaders" and "cough-slutty-cough" how do you expect to get anywhere with this girl. No offense but they will pick their friends any day. You have to be able to be cool with her friends or you won't get too far. Cut back on your dumb terms because if anything, you are the *******, they are probably all nice people. If you can't fit in with her friends, chances are you'll just end up her friend. Then again, I once dated a girl in high school who wasn't so popular but was pretty cute, and had pretty cute friends too, and after they they started hanging out in our group. So anything can happen.

Give it a shot, be up front and try and hang out with her.. but don't worry so much about it. If you wanna ask her out, just be easy about it, next time you are talking to her just suggest going out and doing something. Also don't chicken out, just ask, if she makes an excuse give it one more try a week later or so, and if she makes another, she's definitely not interested.

Best of luck to ya

Old 12-06-2008, 07:51 PM

10 posts, read 14,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't mean to be the only jerk on here... but come on get over this girl. If she's hanging out with those people, and you are using terms like "jock", "bring it on cheerleaders" and "cough-slutty-cough" how do you expect to get anywhere with this girl. No offense but they will pick their friends any day. You have to be able to be cool with her friends or you won't get too far. Cut back on your dumb terms because if anything, you are the *******, they are probably all nice people.

Give it a shot, be up front and try and hang out with her.. but don't worry so much about it. If you wanna ask her out, just be easy about it, next time you are talking to her just suggest going out and doing something. Also don't chicken out, just ask, if she makes an excuse give it one more try a week later or so, and if she makes another, she's definitely not interested.
Naw man when I say jocks, and when I say bring it on cheerleaders I kind of mean it.

Football players are constantly writing stuff on our bathroom walls about how slutty the cheerleaders are, they are constantly drawing penises all over chalkboards and laughing for hours about it. They are jerks, trust me when I say that.

The cheerleaders are hooking up with 3 guys a week, most of them cycle through the same dudes and its gross if you ask me. But the one I am interested in doesn't do that.

By no means am I the *******, I talk to them all the time, very friendly, I'm not the creepy sociopath into the big time cheerleader. I've never been 'bullied' once in highschool.. I'm very popular throughout my school and have friends in every click there is in my grade, I do have a few friends on the jock crew as I mentioned before. I truly don't mean to sound cocky when I say that, but its the truth and towards my defense.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:39 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,002 times
Be confident without being cocky. She probably gets that enough from football players.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:51 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,809,216 times
Just ask her.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:05 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I wish I were back in high school, but with the knowledge I possess now.
haha, boy man, that makes two of us! God what was so hard about that? If I was back there then I would have gotten all of the hot chicks no problem. I would have realized they are 16, 17, 18-year-old, immature, very self-conscious, insecure girls, not these unapproachable goddesses I thought they were. It's great how now I can talk to some 18-year-old or 19-year-old girl and be totally confident because I see them as so young and naive, no matter how hot they are, but back then I couldn't. And now I really don't need to be able to talk to them as much since I'd prefer a girl who is at least 21, haha, the irony!!! Oh cruel irony, why do you taunt me so?!

Old 12-07-2008, 03:12 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
haha, boy man, that makes two of us! God what was so hard about that? If I was back there then I would have gotten all of the hot chicks no problem. I would have realized they are 16, 17, 18-year-old, immature, very self-conscious, insecure girls, not these unapproachable goddesses I thought they were. It's great how now I can talk to some 18-year-old or 19-year-old girl and be totally confident because I see them as so young and naive, no matter how hot they are, but back then I couldn't. And now I really don't need to be able to talk to them as much since I'd prefer a girl who is at least 21, haha, the irony!!! Oh cruel irony, why do you taunt me so?!

Kind of funny when you look at it: All it took for us is to get grown and look at the ones who are younger than us and go "pshh! Children!"

To the OP, well, kiddo, when you reach adulthood and look back at this, you're going to laugh your socks off at yourself.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:05 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Kind of funny when you look at it: All it took for us is to get grown and look at the ones who are younger than us and go "pshh! Children!"

To the OP, well, kiddo, when you reach adulthood and look back at this, you're going to laugh your socks off at yourself.
That's really true. Just the idea of a really attractive girl in high school was very intimidating for me. Maybe I didn't have enough interactions with girls or something, but I never was intimidated by my sister's cute friends, they were three years younger, while some were cute to me, they were so much less mature there was nothing to be intimidated by at all. But when I was in high school I was Mr. Nice Guy and I saw any attractive girl as basically a goddess who could do no wrong. I just figured if a girl can look that amazing, surely she must BE amazing! She couldn't have problems of her own, or flaws, or be just another teenager trying to get through high school. She had to be some goddess beyond reproach, haha. That is, to say the least, a horrible attitude to have about girls, putting them on a pedestal so to speak. You have to be exactly the opposite of that to get the hot girls, act like their looks really don't impress you that much, you want to see what else she's about. Those types of girls often find that refreshing, that you see beneath their looks, and at worst they are nervous that they don't have enough to offer besides their looks, which still plays right into your game since an insecure girl is more likely to date you if she thinks she's the one getting a good catch

Old 12-07-2008, 01:39 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,824,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post

Be confident without being cocky. She probably gets that enough from football players.
How much cocky is enough is up to her.

You will never find out unless you take up football and become an a-hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships